It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Should either be in social issues or rants imo, it is not "breaking alternative news" and to imply so
is not valid.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by manta78

The social commentary ties in with the article - that's the news story, as it has been approached in a different way and revisited in light of other news that has come out.

I don't think it is. The article is cleary misleading the reader into believing this news only came out yesterday.

Do you work for alternt.org?
edit on 25-2-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
if priests were allowed to have sex then maybe this type of thing wouldn't happen. Why would you tell someone not to have sex, but then knowing that it's a natural instinct and they will anyway, then try to cover up when they have immoral sex with children or in this case nuns? (Same rules applies to nuns).

Again with the fantasies about Catholic priests sexually abusing children.
As I've said elsewhere, fewer than 1% have even been accused, much less actually been proven guilty.
The people, sorry men who sexually abuse children are in reality much likelier to be : sports coaches, solo daddies, step-daddies, and teachers.
Note my signature.

(I really think some angry-atheists get off on imagining priests with boys - and get even more of a thrill from foaming self-righteously at the mouth about it.)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by spikey

Well don't expect nun's to be like megan fox lol, infact 90%+ are not attractive looking so people who become priests for sex with virgins shouldn't expect paradise. And yea at least they live the kids alone, dorkin pedo's

90% of Nuns aren't attractive, hey?

Well, that was a highly intelligent remark.

In other news, a person knows that joining the Roman Catholic Church requires a vow of celibacy. If they can't handle that, then they shouldn't join.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Sorry but the problem is very, very real all over the world, and much higher occurrence than that. Just do a search there are plenty of reports, testimonials, legal proceedings etc. And these are the ones that aren't hidden by the church.

A significant number of cases have also been reported in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc858
reply to post by Vicky32

Sorry but the problem is very, very real all over the world, and much higher occurrence than that. Just do a search there are plenty of reports, testimonials, legal proceedings etc. And these are the ones that aren't hidden by the church.

A significant number of cases have also been reported in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia.

I probably know much more about it than you do, as I am not blinded by bigotry. Especially in New Zealand, where a few years back a man was imprisoned for the fraud he'd committed by his perjury in a court case alleging he'd been abused repeatedly by a priest. He hadn't been of course, and the huge whack of compensation he got was his motive. But other false accusers have much less creditable and understandable motives.
Bleat about cover ups all you like! I never said the incidence was nil, I am simply saying that much likelier abusers of kids, are neighbours, grand-daddies, step-daddies and sports coaches. (That last point was actually conceded by a Catholic-bashing angry-atheist on another site, who happened to be a sports coach, and admitted that he hated sharing a profession with those who regarded the boys they taught as so much fresh meat. (A rare instance of honesty from him.)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

"long live catholics..."
you make me sick...

CATHOLICS ALL OVER THE WORLD: KEEP PRAYING TO THAT ANTICHRISTE CALLED THE POPE!
www.southparkstudios.com...

South Park: Red Hot Catholic Love
Original Air Date: 07.03.2002

A sexual abuse scandal involving priests hits South Park and is taken all the way to the Vatican. While the boys try to understand why anyone would want to put something up their butts, Cartman comes up with a way to crap out of his mouth.

edit on 25-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by spikey

Well don't expect nun's to be like megan fox lol, infact 90%+ are not attractive looking so people who become priests for sex with virgins shouldn't expect paradise. And yea at least they live the kids alone, dorkin pedo's

Raping women, and nuns who in some countries join the nunery to have some degree of freedom from unbearable conditions and abuses, and watching children die, much like the women who become monks in India, and the east.

Rape is a terrible crime at any age.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

This dysfunction in the Catholic Church shows how unnatural celibacy is to human beings,

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Reading this makes me wanna DUCK...............

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
if priests were allowed to have sex then maybe this type of thing wouldn't happen. Why would you tell someone not to have sex, but then knowing that it's a natural instinct and they will anyway, then try to cover up when they have immoral sex with children or in this case nuns? (Same rules applies to nuns).

As far as i know the bible does not say anything that spiritual leaders should not marry.

I could be wrong...prove me so.

Some things are very warped.....Catholic religion being one.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
After opening up a link, and seeing these letters grouped together as if they are a word, to lead into an article,

Anyhoo ...

I am left with no choice but to question the validity of all of the information that shares the same page.
Is there any other proof of this admission?

One word does not a debunking make.. The word "Anyhoo..." was a link to this article:

An yhoo...
edit on 2-25-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Religion.. in every aspects has nouthing to with it , the abuse that one wishes to impose on someone else. It does come from this fact,you have a right to make a choice. Fact is it would be easy to say my past is not my fault.. I don't care! And continue the failure to see the future based on your past.. .. At least thats how I feel it could be resolved by oneself..
Change it... or get what you need in confinement. No excuse! And it would of been painless.

Meanwhile..

Jesse

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For the first six or seven hundred years of its existence, the Roman Catholic Church permitted priests to marry and have families. It wasn't always thrilled with the idea, but priests' wives were accepted. The position of priest was passed down from father to son in many small parishes. Admittedly many RC priests even during this period were celibate, or had a mistress on the side as a "housekeeper". The Irish Culdee Church permitted nuns and priests and monks to marry and their monasteries were for both men and women and married couples. Then along about 1000 CE (AD for those of you who prefer it) Rome issued the first of several decrees against married priests, made celibacy the requirement and turned out the women who had been involved with the priests onto the streets. The issue then, as is so ofter the case with the RC Church (disclaimer: I am a former Roman Catholic) was money - specifically in this instance property. The married priests were leaving pieces of property that had been donated to the Church to their children, meaning that the RC Church lost the use of it. Rome didn't like that and so made it illegal.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Will the abuse never end?

The most ridiculous rule here, is that people joining the RCC clergy in any form, must become celibate.

For hundreds of years, there was no celibacy in the RCC.

There are some who think it was a financial move - after all, it's a lot cheaper to house single men and women than it is to house married couples and their children...

I know personally of 2 priests who engaged in sexual activity with married women in their parish - the only result of it becoming public knowledge, was that the priest was moved to another parish, while the women in question were painted as "harlots" etc

There is something fundamentally wrong with the RCC regarding their views on celibacy - and until that changes, we will hear many more stories about the RCC clergy taking advantage of their positions of trust to satisfy their carnal desires.

www.alternet.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

The RCC is nothing more than a continuation of the Roman Empire.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

It is difficult to put words into someone's mouth, when everything that they say is saved online on a forum, but keep trying. I did not even make reference to the term 'debunk.' I simply stated that the use of that term forces me to question the validity of the contents.

I didn't know this at the time of my comment, but as a matter of fact, I was correct to question the validity. This thread was started in a 'Breaking News' forum. The first sentence after the term 'anyhoo,' claims that YESTERDAY.... The article linked to in the OP is dated from 2-24-2011. The article that 'anyhoo' is the link to, is from 2001.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Did you know that they used to force poor Irish women into become nuns to get themselves and their children out of the debtors jails, and get some help for their children.

You should ask yourself - *why* they would want to *force* women to become nuns. Specifically women who were alone, unprotected, and vulnerable.

Seems unlikely that they were targeting these women because they wanted more mouths to feed, and like their virtuous nature.
edit on 2011/2/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Did you know that they used to force poor Irish women into become nuns to get themselves and their children out of the debtors jails,

edit on 2011/2/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Would it be possible to show any source for this claim?

thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

If it was, it would be in the breakng news forum. As it ihas to do with religion,it is in this forum. Im not surprised at all that nuns have been getting raped, sexually abused by Catholic priests. It has been like that for decades. But no one at the vatican would admit it. Funny they take a leaf out of ATS forums book. Deny Ignorance, and hope it will all go away.

Sooner or later it comes back and bites you in the butt.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join