It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV

www.alternet.o rg

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have r
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Will the abuse never end?

The most ridiculous rule here, is that people joining the RCC clergy in any form, must become celibate.

For hundreds of years, there was no celibacy in the RCC.

There are some who think it was a financial move - after all, it's a lot cheaper to house single men and women than it is to house married couples and their children...

I know personally of 2 priests who engaged in sexual activity with married women in their parish - the only result of it becoming public knowledge, was that the priest was moved to another parish, while the women in question were painted as "harlots" etc

There is something fundamentally wrong with the RCC regarding their views on celibacy - and until that changes, we will hear many more stories about the RCC clergy taking advantage of their positions of trust to satisfy their carnal desires.

www.alternet.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well...they're all hypocritical, brain washing scumbags..imo.

At least going after the nuns, they'll be leaving the kids alone for a while...hopefully.

The nuns can get away and have a voice (if they choose to use it or not, is their choice), kids very often can not get away, and rarely do they have a voice...especially those in 'care'.

If these creeps have 'carnal desires' they cannot control, bloody well masturbate then! No HIV...no raping children or nuns, and technically, not breaking vows of celibacy.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
After opening up a link, and seeing these letters grouped together as if they are a word, to lead into an article,

Anyhoo ...

I am left with no choice but to question the validity of all of the information that shares the same page.
Is there any other proof of this admission?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I think it's a mistake to label them all.

I also think this is a very brave move by the Vatican, because they are practically inviting massive criticism.

If the pope hadn't help write and enforce Crimen sollicitationis then I might have more sympathy, but this does seem like a damage control exercise in many ways.

I have no love for the RCC, having been brought up in that religion and subsequently left the RCC - however, it is a faith that many derive spiritual comfort from, and we shouldn't forget that, despite the actions of a relatively small number.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Well don't expect nun's to be like megan fox lol, infact 90%+ are not attractive looking so people who become priests for sex with virgins shouldn't expect paradise. And yea at least they live the kids alone, dorkin pedo's

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes there is - he re

However, the posted news story in the OP contains additional info, and something of a more social commentary.

I'm sure you could have just clicked on the link, but for some reason chose not to do so and instead questioned the validity of the claim as a precursor to attacking the source more vehemently, which truth be told is a very tired and old tactic.

regardless, the story is valid and stands on the merits of the article in the OP - however, next time, why not just hit the "alert" button if you feel the source is not valid, and let the mods sort it out

edit on 25/2/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
if priests were allowed to have sex then maybe this type of thing wouldn't happen. Why would you tell someone not to have sex, but then knowing that it's a natural instinct and they will anyway, then try to cover up when they have immoral sex with children or in this case nuns? (Same rules applies to nuns).

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

To help Deny Ignorance it might be handy to know that become a Nun you don't have to be virgin.

And Nuns are very ordinary because their commitments are to serving others and denying vanity.

link   
The blog or whatever it is at alternet states or starts the story with the term 'yesterday'

The original story mentioning the 23 countries which alternet lifted this story from seems to date back to 2001. Its ten years old. This all came out just before the recent huge child abuse scandals.

It looks like your source is trying to sell this story as new yet it is 10years old.

Very strange.

link   
reply to post by budski

The information appears to be legtimate, but the article is from 2001, more than 10 years ago, not yesterday as this thread would suggest.....

"Vatican confirms report of sexual abuse and rape of nuns by priests in 23 countries"
"By Frances Kennedy in Rome"
"Wednesday, 21 March 2001 "
"The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns."

edit on 2/25/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I think the Vatican has had dialogue recently about ending the celibacy requirement; permitting marriage for priests. Of course, that won't stop the pedophiles, but overall seems to be a good decision.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

before rome became christian rome, it was pagan rome. and the pagans had many similar practices, such as

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Even though this is an old story from 2001: Th ose priests at it again

Still makes you remember how slimy and corrupt these guys are.

Just think of the quantity of hookers, nuns, kids, squirrels, snakes and mice have been abused since 2001 by the wonderful Catholic priests.
edit on 25-2-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thats quite the inflammatory headline. You're only supposed to use those in conjunction with Muslims and Islam. Whats wrong with you?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

I'm sure you could have just clicked on the link, but for some reason chose not to do so and instead questioned the validity of the claim as a precursor to attacking the source more vehemently, which truth be told is a very tired and old tactic.

edit on 25/2/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

I simply stated my opinion and asked an honest question. That one 'word', or grouping of letters, is all that it takes to belittle the whole article in my opinion. I cannot understand why anyone who would be writing an honest article would want to use a 'word' such as that. Nothing is gained by using that as a word.

I am unsure of the accusations you have aimed at me. I am not religious. I will never attempt to defend the church. I am unaware of this tactic that you think I was trying to use. Maybe you should only use links which do not use childish sayings, if you do not wish for anyone to question them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I think the Vatican has had dialogue recently about ending the celibacy requirement; permitting marriage for priests. Of course, that won't stop the pedophiles, but overall seems to be a good decision.

The pedo's can just move to Utah or another state where marriage is legal at 12 years old....or some other equally ridiculous age.

And yeah, it's a bit uncharitable to say 'all' of them as i did in my post above..it's not all of them, a hell of a lot of them...but not all.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The RCC is one sicko organisation.
Between the ugly sex scandals,the corruption of the Vatican bank,The collusion with Nazi SS war crimnals,the inquisition,and other psychotic behaviors of the past/present,ad nauseum , it is a wonder they manage to keep the lid on their membership.
I would venture to say these sociopaths are due for some very heavy repurcussions eventually.
They have managed to rape the entire world in the name of Jesus...........
It goes to show how far beyond sane humans can be programmed when you do it right.
Of course theyve had a thousand years to entrench themselves in the psyches of their parishoners.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

The social commentary ties in with the article - that's the news story, as it has been approached in a different way and revisited in light of other news that has come out.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Not to mention that this is not breaking alternative news if it is ten years old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join