It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq now joins the growing number of people seeking freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Al Jazeera is reporting massive protests in Tahirer Square Baghdad
This could be particulally interesting as it is a Western controlled nation.
Egypt and Tunisia have revolted and now in semi chaos until a peoples government stabilies them.
Libya is in a state of Civil War but I can see Nato Forces moving in to protect Oil investments.
There is growing dissent in Saudi but the Government has plugged billions onto the people in a bid
to placate and stop unrest.
Algeria is under complete Police State Control ...
Little News now coming from Bahrain or Yemen...

This is just a thread for updating info on the growing and ever changing crisis
and I would like to know whats happening in Yemen, Bahrain and other places where
the media has now gone silent upon...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Iraqi protesters demanding a better life after nearly 10 years since end of war
and still no proper
Electricity
Water Supplies
or economy allowed to grow

Watch Live
english.aljazeera.net...

Just on now update
Yemen Sanaa Square now protesting again today
edit on 25-2-2011 by robertauthor because: New Info and wasnt worth a full reply

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Huh? Weren't we just there for 10 years trying to give freedom to them? Wtf. This has got to be some kind of reverse psychology.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This thread was just a place to update ongoing events
Iraqi people are demanding a better way of life as reported on Al Jazeera
I dont know if your aware but none of the contract money to rebuild and stabilise
the country was used in a legitimate way.

Short Clip Youtube of this fact
Halliburton (Dick Chaney) owned company and KBR
spoken by serving US Military
www.youtube.com...

As I said this thread just for news not the politics

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertauthor
Iraqi protesters demanding a better life after nearly 10 years since end of war
and still no proper
Electricity
Water Supplies
or economy allowed to grow

Watch Live
english.aljazeera.net...

Just on now update
Yemen Sanaa Square now protesting again today
edit on 25-2-2011 by robertauthor because: New Info and wasnt worth a full reply

They should ask all that PLUS A LOT MORE , from the criminals , looters and perverted americans !
That should do it...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
'Stability, a cold code word with US' Chomskys interview on press tv about the reviloutions in the ME .. snip
Press TV: Professor Chomsky, I would like to ask your reaction to today's statements not only by Obama's administration officials but also by [UN Secretary-General] Ban Ki-moon as well considering the loss of life in Libya has been so high. Do you believe that they have done enough and said enough to meet the needs of the Libyan people?

Chomsky: I think that more can be done, what is happening is already pretty awful and that could lead to a really major bloodbath. Information is pretty sparse but at least the eastern province appears to be substantially under control by the popular uprising. Tripoli looks very dangerous. I think efforts could be made to provide assistance and protection to the parts of the population that have succeeded in liberating parts of Libya. However, nobody wants a western intervention. That would probably be not only wrong but also disastrous. But actions could be taken through the UN presumably.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Orphans join Iraq protests over food, shelter. Orphans join protests in Iraq to call for a better standard of living. Deborah Lutterbeck reports.

BAGHDAD — Fadel Mohammad Ra'ad, 10, is one of thousands of children who have lost their parents to the endless violence that has been gripping Iraq since the 2003 US-led invasion.

"My parents were killed in an explosion at the center of Baghdad last year, leaving me and my sister to no one," the child told IslamOnline.net in a Baghdad orphanage. "I have relatives but all of them have refused to take us in," he added choking at the memory. "We were forced to work to survive."

Children, like many other civilians, are the silent victims of violence in war-torn Iraq. "Violence in Iraq has vast characteristics. Sectarian violence, resistance against US troops, traditional behaviors and the fight against the hungry," explains Haydar Hassan Kareem, a sociologist.

tv.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Just wanted reply to this of my philosphy ...
The original Christian language was Aramaic later became Arabic
I am a Christian and in Aramaic the word for God is "Allah" as done in
the Mel Gibson Movie "The passion of the Christ"...
Christianity is older than the Islamic Faith but the both have the same God
They both believe Jesus Christ was either his son or his prophet...
In reality we are all the creation or sons of God....
We basically believe in the same things but time and time again you see people or nations
being blamed for the Regime...
IE North Korea is bad .... but if you went to North Korea you would probably find the people
friendly and peaceful....

Its Regimes or some Regimes, Leaders that are doing evil deeds for either Wealth, Power, Control
and Greed....
In the Middle East at the moment the people are bravely standing upto corrupt regimes
You have the support, the full support of the ordinary European, American and other people of the world.
In Europe we have massive austerity being forced upon us by super rich banking cartels
and the next spark of freedom I can see coming soon in the West..

We should all support each other.... There is a better world for all and we should embrace it beyound
the barriers of race, religion, borders or beliefs....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I seem to be owned by the industry and banks. And I have the freedom to buy bull# and to aeat mcD Food. I also wanna be free!
edit on 25-2-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
although a clip like this shows there is 2 ,3 or a 4th side to a story on can see how some people are rude and always try and divide people ...peace ­On this edition of Peter Lavelle's CrossTalk: Will the US have a say in the Middle East scenario? Will it co-author it or play a silent spectator role? Is there any way the West can benefit from the current chaos? And will it gain any points if it continues to ring the alarm over rising fundamentalism? CrossTalking with Harold Rhode and Johan Galtung rt.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Iraqis are not calling for freedom or change in government. they chose the goverment themselves. what they call for is more public services. they dont want their president to get 30million dollars a year for doing nothing. a few days ago nour al maliki said he reduced his wage from 30million dollars to 12million, still thats more than any other democratic country.

new topics

top topics

join