It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You should not have deleted your post; you made an interesting point. Why is the thread ridiculous? Someone made a threat against the president and the congressman did nothing about it. THAT is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Somebody tossed a grenade at Bush and nobody seemed to care.

You mean that Russian guy in Russia that did that in Russia? That guy?

Just checking.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Someone made a threat against the president and the congressman did nothing about it. THAT is ridiculous.

Yup, could not agree more. We need our politicians to take the high road when crap like this comes up, and that goes for both sides of the aisle. Heck, I would even open it up and ask the gentleman why he thinks this. It could actually start a very vital dialogue that could be beneficial for the entire country.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Broun said that he "was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response; therefore, at that moment I moved on to the next person with a question."

But two witnesses told TPM that Broun chuckled along with the crowd when the elderly man asked the question. And a report said that Broun didn't immediately move on but rather responded to the question by stating that "there's a lot of frustration with this president."

TPM

It's getting crazy in here. Of course Braun is all appalled NOW, but chuckled when the question was asked.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

You should not have deleted your post; you made an interesting point. Why is the thread ridiculous? Someone made a threat against the president and the congressman did nothing about it. THAT is ridiculous.

Simple. I decided I don't want to participate in threads about shooting or physically attacking politicians on either side. Guilt by association, and that sort of thing ...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Obama will never get shot (unless His wife gets pissed enough!)

He is doing just fine by TPTB.

He has successfully transferred more $$ from the public to the private corps than anybody in history! I thought He told everybody it was going to be the other way around?

He is well on the way to completely wrecking the whole U.S. Dollar!

He is well on the way to destroying the Unions too -- despite the cheap talk - the unions have gone from bad to worse haven't they?

The added taxes on various items and the price increases on just about everything and the general wage decreases is just what the Doctors ordered.

He's is just wonderful for some people!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

Hey Mods!

can ya cut us a little slack here?

give us a hint on what this guy said ... it mustaben reel juicy!

Please?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ok, good point. Fair enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I agree with you, but then it becomes a question of how much attention do you want to give a lunatic? Sometimes ignoring ridiculous statements is better than an all out assault that risks the possibility of stirring up some other wacko that decides if he goes through with it he'll be famous and revered for eternity!

I think politicians from both sides of the aisle are a little stymied as to the best way forward. Violence is on the rise. Protests are picking up speed. The economy is not really recovering but simply treading water. Everybody agreed that the violent rhetoric had to stop -- and that lasted for maybe a week. And both sides are equally guilty so there's no reason to begin a tit for tat chart.

Edit to add: I did not see the quote above prior to my response. Chuckling is highly unacceptable.
edit on 25-2-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Somebody tossed a grenade at Bush and nobody seemed to care.

A) It was major news for weeks. People DID care. B) As another already made clear, that didn't even happen in the U.S. so it's a little hard to fault fellow Americans or other American politicians for that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If that happens to THIS President, we'll have revolution.

That would be all it takes to start riots in all major and trunk cities, and once simultaneous riots start in scores of trunk cities, some really angry people are going to take that opportunity to settle some old scores.

Imagine. Every city of any size, and especially those where Interstates intersect would quickly be shut down, as would transportation, banking, power, and even government.

Previous riots were localized and one at a time. And they STILL were highly destructive.

Imagine New Orleans chaos spread all over the nation. Or the Liberty City riots all over the nation.

Yeah. Lots of old scores would be settled, and I fear it would cost the lives of millions.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Obama has a job to do and until that job is finished, nothing and no one can stop him. So, there is no way he will be shot.

The really disturbing issue here is the lackadaisical attitude of the Senator. Is he party to something we don't know about? Or is he just the typical clueless wishy washy modern politician? He obviously has no values. And he obviously condones such threats against the President. Does he also condone any actions following up on those threats?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Yeah. Lots of old scores would be settled, and I fear it would cost the lives of millions.

If this were to happen, it would probably be closer to 100 million lives, with most dying because of disruptions to food supply, epidemics, and the like.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wasnt the Nation of Islam behind the Malcom X assasination?

edit on 19-3-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is a thread that will get some people in trouble.

Don't respond to this kind of nonsense.

This topic should not be discussed on any forums around here, IMO.

This topic was designed to draw in some people who are angry with the system and TPTB, to say something stupid so that they can have some rights removed. Don't let that happen, please.

ETA: Not to mean that the OP was doing it, but someone wanted death threats to the Pres to be public. OP was passing on info only.
edit on 19-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: added info

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Bah! That's why he chose Joe Biden for V.P.... insurance! Some, on the right, may dislike Obama, but they hate the thought of Biden even more.

I actually prefer the Dave Chappelle Joke about being the first black President in which he said, if he were president, he would have a Mexican as VP for Insurance.... "Sure you can shoot me, but you're just going to open the border."

Dave's words, not mine....

But anyway... reading the article, it says that he did not answer the question because he did not want to dignify it with a response... Well.. How about THAT as his response?

Why could he not have said ' That is a disgusting and disturbing question and I refuse to dignify it with a response"?
edit on 19-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I just saw this thread, and it made me think of something I saw in relation to his trip to Rio. I wonder if they got wind of something. Would make sense as to why they moved his speech indoors.

Obama cancles speech in Rio public square

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

unless they're planning on 'taking them both out'? (not that i condone this in anyway....)
what is the chain of command anyway?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by redmage

unless they're planning on 'taking them both out'? (not that i condone this in anyway....)
what is the chain of command anyway?

Here is your answer sir.

Presidential Line of Succession

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

yay! thank you kindly love

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join