It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange magnetospere...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Our planets magnetospere looks strange at present. Im no expert but i do look at this site daily and it doesnt look like this most of the time. Experts welcome to comment...

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
looks like a pumpkin..now thats cool
edit on 25-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

yeah im sure it doesnt mean anything but it looks rather weird at the moment like its tight near earth but crosses and loose out wards. Does look pumkinish tho

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
That is what it looks like when there is very little solar wind coming from the sun.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yeah it looks like recoiling,thing to watch if it stays like that and mutates into 4 curling loops two blue on south and two red in north,hats the pole shift,otherwise it looks like recoil,rebound,which ocurs inbetween solar buffering.Worth watching though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes solar wind is low. But it still looks strange today.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Yeah that is kinda odd,it should be lower, this is a little weird,probably just wind but with low paricles.Still watching it though,seems to be. Thing is ,if it looked like that with a strong Cme flare hitting i would be concerned as energy would absorb into upper atmosphere in larger quantities affecting weather firstly then lower levels,still streaming though.

edit on 25-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
it's when it looks like this you need to worry, (CHILE EARTHQUAKE)

I posted a thread on this the other day
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it would be a good idea to check out what it looked like during the New Zealand earthquake

edit on 25-2-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
hey there has just been a 5.7 earthquake in mexico and its when the magnetosphere looks like in you op just a coincidence or not

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

Ok well I new to watching and learning about this subject.. Just wanting to know though that site hasn't updated it's data now for over 7 hours I'm wondering if this is usual? Is there any other sites like this.. Just find it funny it hasn't been updating right when things looked alittle different.. I would be grateful for anybodys ideas as well as any info u all might have... Thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
new to watching this, im having trouble finding out what the red and green lines represent. Neg and Pos, incoming/outgoing?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

Spot on man ,well observed that chile imagery is exactly what I have been rambling about on my thread 1 week and a half ago,www.abovetopsecret.com... i noticed a momentary recoil of the magnetosphere like you have shown.The significance of this is still showing a strong magnetosphere,it is not streaming because of reduced polarised particles coming from the sun and does not indicate danger unless it stays like that when the sun emits a solar cme.
Here is some info to digest.spaceweather.com...
You are absolutely correct the magnetosphere data has stopped?Did we dodge this bullet,I prefer phages analysis,its not the same when official solar observers say it.www.abovetopsecret.com...
See how it copes when this one arrives,if the site,satelite gets up and running again !The induction magnometer is quite so,peace
Here it was on 18th when flare arrived.

The earths geomagnetic core goes into recoil after these flares and strong earthquakes erupt as a rebound affect,without configuring the moons position at the time of rebounds.
And heres info on what it will look like in pole shift.

edit on 25-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The magnetosphere simulator graphicis still non functional and m class fare expected to arrrive or has,up date on coronal hole shows solar wind increase for mar 3rd-4th also x-ray bursts where evident.spaceweather.com...
Ace satelite still working ,ace realtime solar winds are moderate with slight varying Bz component,speed low.pressure mid to low. www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Indeed to also add in the realtime solar wind a south pull is evident and means.

with the most dramatic magnetospheric effects-- occurs when the Bz component is oriented southward.

Source
pluto.space.swri.edu...

edit on 26-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

That image in your op is from 25/02/2011, there have been no updates today.
And if you want to see some strange images of the magnetosphere then take a look at my post in this thread.

Link to my post at bottom of page

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Good collection man,the bows are Terrawatt scale(not red to white) low and streams are regular in polar symetry,north south.
Yeah the ace satelite is still working but ,I think the graphics database has malfunctioned at home(harddrive ).
The Bz component is pointing southwards,we are missing some good imagery I believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Thanks, I thought I'd start a daily collection so that we can compare them to large earthquakes and so on. To see if there are any connections.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I have noticed most magnitude earthquakes occur inbetween solar flares,seems to appear that the core of the planet takes time to absorb any excesses and rebounds after a major flare.Above in this thread it can clearly be seen on the 18th a major flare impacted and christchurch earthquake occurred 4 days afier .I don`t have the parameters of moon conjunction but it was directly above at the time of the earthquake focusing both water displacement on techtonic plates and inner earth core geomagnetic rebound on a plate weak point..
moon view directly above earth----any techtonic plates below ,coninciding with a 3-4 day rebound from a solar flare.?www.smeter.net...
The old addage lets through rocks at the moon.Its not speculative,and shows how its hard for scientists to predict exact location of quakezones ,because if you look from moon to earth ,there are plates joining everywhere,although they could have a general global warning 3-4 days after a major flare but really its to widespread a area and most people won`t know until it happens,japan,california,new zealand, Etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

This is why i am making a collection of magnetosphere images through out the year. Then come January next year I will go through them all and see IF there were any connections between quakes and the affects on the magnetosphere. I know that a year is not enough to come to a conclusion, so based on what i find next year i will carry on collecting images over the years and compare them to quake events!

I have always thought that there could be a connection between solar activity and earthquakes. This was one of the reasons i joined ATS. My first thread i made was about sunspot activity and quakes.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Good stuff,that will be brilliant and like minded observers can converge thoughts at a possible reality of when best to watch for major earthquakes.If its wrong then throw rocks at me instead of moon.

Well this is ATS

There is a higher protonn(positive )indice than electron(negative) indice.2.69 being proton,2.20 being electron

2.69e+00 1.29e-01 4.68e-02 2.20e+04 6.10e+02

sourcewww.swpc.noaa.gov...

roduct: Current Space Weather Indices curind.txt :Issued: 2011 Feb 26 1634 UTC # Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center # Product description and SWPC contact on the Web # www.swpc.noaa.gov... # # Current Space Weather Indices :Solar_Radio_Flux: 2011 Feb 26 # Learmonth San Vito Sag Hill Penticton Penticton Palehua Penticton # 0400 1000 1700 1700 2000 2300 2300 245 14 15 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 410 31 31 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 610 46 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 1415 69 66 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 2695 87 83 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 2800 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 4995 134 123 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 8800 242 253 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 15400 528 540 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 # # :Energetic_Particle_Flux: 2011 Feb 26 1625 UT # # Current Readings # GOES-13 Proton Flux GOES-13 Electron Flux GOES15 GOES13 Neutron # ----- Protons/cm2-s-sr ----- -Electrons/cm2-s-sr - X-ray Location Monitor # >1 MeV >10 MeV >100 MeV >0.8 MeV >2 MeV flux West cts/min 2.69e+00 1.29e-01 4.68e-02 2.20e+04 6.10e+02 B6.3 75 -1 # # :Geomagnetic_Values: 2011 Feb 26 # # Middle Latitude Estimated #------------- Boulder ------------- ------ Planetary ------ #Running A 03-06-09-12-15-18-21-24 03-06-09-12-15-18-21-24

meaning....www.sott.net...

Curiously, positively charged surfaces inspire supercooled water to freeze from the bottom up, while negatively charged surfaces cause it to freeze from the top down. This likely has to do with how water molecules orient themselves - the negatively charged oxygen atoms in water molecules naturally point toward positively charged surfaces, while the reverse is true with hydrogen atoms.

What does this mean----freshwater at surface level freezes easier if,thats if the high indice of protons reach surface levels .However usually the earths geomagnet protects against such events and only rarely in history does this occur(iceage).

new topics

top topics

join