It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solfeggio Frequencies, The Music Industry and You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As a guitarist I don't know how you could stay in tune with a Solfeggio frequency because as you play the guitar slowly but surely untunes itself. Now, I can understand pop music being mostly electronic and all, that would allow for endless play at the same frequencies.

All I know is that a lot of Lady Gaga and Rihanna's songs are very entrancing, this could be directly related to these frequencies...it would make sense seeing as how there aren't any actual instruments other than drums and keyboards.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunspots

i downloaded Audacity. I'm not sure if i understand the program correctly, but there appears to be a "plot spectrum" feature that displays your tune in various formats. Can you use this function to figure out if a track is recorded using C=528 HZ?

Also, I wanted to throw in this link for the music conspiracy side of the music industry. The documentary is free to watch on Hulu. Before the Music Dies
The video illustrates the futility of original musicians to get anywhere these days the way that corporate structure has evolved in the music industry. In the film it shows that Eric Clapton openly endorses a talented musician who can write, sing and play the blues. Clapton says that there are only a few people in the world who can play like this man; yet, he can not find a suitable contract with the labels.

cheers.

edit on 26-2-2011 by ogbert because: grammar

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

This is a setback, yes, but the better your tuning keys the less of a problem this is. That's why now if I played a show I'd check after each song or every two songs probably that my A is still 444 hz and the other strings are in tune with it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

Of that I'm not sure. If you're not a musician, the best option is probably just to go to effects > pitch shift > and type in 440 for the first frequency, 444 for the second -- if it sounds/feels better afterwards, it's probably 444 hz-tuned now. You can be pretty sure that this scenario will apply to most songs.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreemasontruth

interesting video. reminds a bit of Lily Allen's 'the Fear', which deals with the same materialistic / consumerific issues facing our culture nowadays.

www.youtube.com...

however, i must add, i could not watch the video you posted through to its end, as this current trend of hyper quick edits frazzles my brain. i don't understand why current editors feel the need to change the image on the screen every 1/2 second. it does not give the mind time to appreciate the image on screen, and in fact, it just plain gives me a headache.

if i was to piggypick upon the OP's assessment that these altered audio frequencies are made to intentional (snip) with us, i would surmise that these quick edits are having a similar adverse effect on our brain waves as well.

but that is topic for another thread... not for me now though: i'm going outside to play in the sun and listen to the wind and trees and birds were all the frequencies are harmonious!

edit on 26-2-2011 by mythos because: typo-negative

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ok. This is what I came up with from one of my rhythm tracks, comprised completely of chords on guitar. Not sure if I know what I am doing; but I was wondering if this tool could help us to illustrate differences between the tracks you streamed or purchased?

I found a C8 at 4237 HZ. I have no idea how to translate this info into what the HZ would be for a C note, as octaves double frequency on the way up; and, I am not sure if this program is picking out the string or the chord.
Regardless, if we use the same song with this feature, there should be a difference that we can illustrate, if the song is recorded in different frequencies.

edit: sorry. did not read your previous post carefully enough.

A few of the bands who I said were in 444hz on grooveshark aren't...

That was the part that can be proven
. Great thread anyway. keep it up!

edit on 26-2-2011 by ogbert because: addendum

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Great post my friend, specially the "discovery" that AC tunes in to the elseworlds for their tuning needs, the world is sound, energy is a wave behaving like a particle, and a particle behaving like a wave, we are incapable of rationalizing and comprehending profound experiences with vibration and sound, much in fact, generated by the deception those that would rather see us asleep create in our daily lives.

We are lulled to sleep, the music of our lives are strange noises and horrible screeches, out of tune with the true vibes of this material strangeness we inhabit, but completely ignore.

We are either too naive or too ignorant if some believe that they cannot control those aspects of reality, some break the molds, but are deemed to odd for mainstream audiences, what is beautiful and true is shunned as false and discordant, what times are these where we believe that only our eyes con gather true information, we must learn to listen as we have learned to watch instead of seeing.

Ignoring the subtlety of the world has only brought grief and selfishness, music, true music can harmonize and attune our poor dissonant accords.
All is in tune except us and our ways, in nature, if you tune out you die, we are in an empty silent cage, trapped with all the strident blabber that will not allow us to listen to the song of nature.

I mean please! to each its own, but some happy campers now have the habit of using headphones in the wilderness, when I was being taught the ways of the land I was told to first listen or die unaware.

And since you mention Animal Collective, I recommend Visiting Friends from the album Sung Tongs, as a masterful example of true artists at work, keeping tabs on all the minute details of music craftsmanship!

great post OP!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by microvabe

Sure, sound effects both your mind and body, good or bad.

Simply like this;
www.youtube.com...

Its a part of law of nature here and in space, like gravity.

Force of nature;
www.youtube.com...

Sitting in a studio. Walls painted with golden discs

Sound frequencies certainly helps and will get more attention and recognition, especially since the topics as these spread on the net!
S & F

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For whatever it's worth, after the last big thread about this I convinced my band to tune to A 444hz. We kept it up for 6 months or so. During this time we noticed no difference among ourselves, our music, or our audiences.

Not that this is some big scientific breakthrough or anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Am i the only one who thinks this seems reminiscent of preacher's in the 80's claiming hair metal was 'devil music', or in the 50's hat rock and roll' was 'devil music'?

We've just switched 'devil' with "NWO", right?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

you can argue anything you want, and be as well informed or as uninformed as you like, do some research on your own, talk to well versed musicians, study the golden ratio, the sounds of deep space, and the effect of music and behavioral patterns in animals and in humans, specially small children, review the latest in sound technology , do the math, get all sorts of music and compare frequencies and composition ration, specially the vibrational frequencies of the human brain.

No its not the devil disguised as the NWO, something well studied is going on, we can only compare what we know, if we ignore the facts, and there are plentiful, all we can spew out is the half truth reality seems to us.
Do your homework, learn as much as you can and keep your world views malleable, not static, and the truth shall set us free.

People please do some research after all we are already sitting in front of our terminals, information is just a keystroke away.
Hopefully we can be more analytical and really try to understand what the "big deal"is.

We are kept half asleep, out of tune, with no other means of getting out that our own list of hidden resources...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think there is an error in your logic

Songs are made up of multiple frequencies/notes based on a harmonic series which are based on the fundamental frequency

So to say a song is the frequency A or C is erroneous, you could say a song is in the key of A or C but a song made of one tone would be nothing more than a single wave and would sound very dull.

I work in a high end studio and I can see up to 30 bands a day come through, I've been there for 3 years with some big names and some small names, not a single one of them I have spoken have ever mentioned putting this kind of thought into songs.

As pure speculation I would also like to bring to your attention that for these kind of notes to have effect, such as the brown note, it needs to be played on a system large enough for the full effect of the wave to actually have any effect, not the kind of sized speakers most people will have in there homes and cars etc
edit on 26-2-2011 by Allis1 because: grammer

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I am wondering if maybe 432 is not all there is to it. The even tempered scale is a western interpretation that chops up the natural harmonies of the "Just Scale". So, in the idea of tuning A=444HZ or whatever; we are actually applying that to an even tempered scale which is flawed. So, we get the C at 528 on this scale, but on the Just scale, the frequencies are altogether different.

If we use a chromatic tuner, then we will be applying an ancient concept to a modern tuning adaptation.

edit on 26-2-2011 by ogbert because: cha cha cha changes...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I know that when I listen to binaural beats, it does things to my mind and body. Last time I listened to a track, I went from being awake to completely passed out asleep, but still hearing the music. I woke up realizing I had my tongue forcefully positioned in a certain way and it kinda felt like it was buzzing with energy. I slept very well that night.
I made a friend of mine listen to one one time, and within about a minute of it starting she closed her eyes and just slumped over and started twitching. As soon as it ended she woke up like nothing had happened.

It's pretty cool stuff, it CAN make you feel better.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ogbert

A ha! You're on to something. I didn't know where the temperament fit into all this.

It seems that perhaps the ACTUAL solfeggio frequencies are not even-tempered like our 12-tone scale, BUT you can make an even-tempered 12-tone scale centered around 444 = A and you still get 528 = C and possibly all the tones, even if some are ever-so slightly off. The point is, Animal Collective and other modern artists seem to employ the even-tempered 12-tone scale centered around A444. I don't want to overwhelm anyone with complex science, but bare with me, maybe it's like this:

440hz

432hz

444hz (even-tempered)

!!!!!!!!!
444hz (actual solfeggio frequencies with just intonation)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Allis1

When I say a 444hz song... I don't even necessarily mean that frequency gets played at all! I mean simply a song which is tuned so that the note A, WOULD BE 444hz. The harmonic overtones and other frequencies would be adjusted accordingly based on the 4 hz shift. If you're saying a 528 hz tone is made up of other frequencies... I would definitely think that they'd be mathematically in line with 528 hz. The same would go for every frequency there is I suppose in regard to itself and its overtones?

As for things like the brown note... same realm, different town. I'm not talking about stuff that makes you crap your pants. Now that's a powerful frequency. I'm talking about a perceptible change in feeling in the song, along with a more positive overall experience (I'm not here to argue about whether 528 hz repairs DNA, though I personally believe this). I believe (and have experienced) that the more positive experience is certainly attainable on PC speakers, after retuning my favorite songs. It's even better in the car. It'd probably be awesome on really big speakers, so yeah in a way we're on the same page.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Sunspots because: clarity

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So are your basically just talking about scales major, minor, blues which the names of hint at what kind of mood will be created when played accordingly?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunspots
Both, from what I read are beneficial, especially when compared to 440 hz, but 444 hz is the actual solfeggio A, while I believe 432 is the A that Bach and Mozart used, often just called "Bach Tuning". My personal theory is that 444 hz (solfeggio-tuned) is spiritually uplifting while 432 hz is mentally/intellectually stimulating. Who knows?

Hello there, I'm a Music Composition major at CSU. I just wanted to correct this issue of "solffegio frequencies" Standardized tuning has only been around for a century or so there is no way Bach and Mozart used the same tuning frequency. Back in those days an organ in Leipzig (where Bach lived) could be tuned at 438 while a keyboard in the same town was tuned at 480. There was no set standard of pitch and how we even know what pitch they used back then is beyond me (probably because of the organ pipes).

Anyway I've seen this solfeggio stuff on this website before and IMO it's BS kind of like a snake oil salesmen musicians who claim ONLY music tuned at this pitch will heal you are frauds, just looking to make a buck. I've listened to so much music in my day and especially Classical music and I highly doubt any music is worse or better tuned at a different pitch. The only influence a pitch set at 444 instead of 440 would be it would sound a tad brighter because it's higher while 432 would sound darker because it's lower.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

As a long time acoustic guitarist/songwriter, I have been on this trail myself the past month, serendititously. Perhaps it's part of the ascension process that is revealing itself to us all. I would like to think that as we near the beginning of the mayan calenda's universal cycle on March 9th. Regardless, I find it to be empowering.

I own multiple acoustic guitars and have been experimenting with the 528 solfeggio and 432 ( used by musicians in antiquity) frequencies, tuning my guitars to both and experiencing the energy. Bear in mind, I have previously tunes to 440hz all my life.

I was led to this moment in time through the work of Dr. Len Horowitz. ( www.drlenhorowitz.com... ) It is his belief etal through empirical investigation that the universe resonates to numerological 3-6-9 frequencies. 528 = 5+2+8 = 15 = 6. 432 = 4+3+2 = 9 444= 12=3 Apparently, the frequency generated and recorded of the Sun, Jupiter and chloryphyll laden nature are all 528hz. A unique and interesting aspect of the solfeggios ( 174, 285, 396, 417, 528, 639, 741, 852, 963 hz ) is that the difference betweem most of them is a 111 = 3. the difference from 396 to 417 is only 21, but still = 3. Three is a number associated with God(s).

I recently purchased the 9 sofeggio frequency,528 and 432 tuning forks for personal healing, to experience and create energetic healing music, and for personal ascension, and have been tuning my guitars to these and experiencing the energy of both as I play. ( For guitarist wanting to do this, you need to tune the C note of the A string ( 5th string) to the 528 frequency which you can find on the internet if you don't possess a tuner, which is the same as tuning that same A string to 444hz.) When using 432hz, I also tuned the same A string to it.

I have to say that both are exceptionally energetic and resonate deeply in the spirit. The 432 frequency is warm and soothing while the 528 is bright and energetic. Both are wonderful. I have just begun utilizing the tuning forks in my meditations to tune the chakras and to enrgize my personal environment, i.e air, room, food, water, body. I'll report back down the road how this develops.

IMHO, this is something everyone wanting to harmonize with the universal frequencies needs to do. As the final universal cycle of the Mayan calendar begins on 3/9/11, this seems to be right in tune with the ascension process we are and will experiencing as it accelerates. Anyway, good post SS.

edit on 26-2-2011 by iggy50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by iggy50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89
Hello there, I'm a Music Composition major at CSU. I just wanted to correct this issue of "solffegio frequencies" Standardized tuning has only been around for a century or so there is no way Bach and Mozart used the same tuning frequency. Back in those days an organ in Leipzig (where Bach lived) could be tuned at 438 while a keyboard in the same town was tuned at 480. There was no set standard of pitch and how we even know what pitch they used back then is beyond me (probably because of the organ pipes).

Anyway I've seen this solfeggio stuff on this website before and IMO it's BS kind of like a snake oil salesmen musicians who claim ONLY music tuned at this pitch will heal you are frauds, just looking to make a buck. I've listened to so much music in my day and especially Classical music and I highly doubt any music is worse or better tuned at a different pitch. The only influence a pitch set at 444 instead of 440 would be it would sound a tad brighter because it's higher while 432 would sound darker because it's lower.

I admit that your first paragraph is very astute. How could they have tuned the same way? Maybe they couldn't have.

As for your second paragraph, well, I just disagree. To each his own. It's been wonderful for me, but I'm sure if you believe it won't help you, then it won't.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Sunspots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join