It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solfeggio Frequencies, The Music Industry and You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i just looked at the tuning of a few older recordings on vinyl..

roy ayers - coffee - 444 A

the others i looked at were neither 444 or 440 but some other frequency..

another 'use' of sound frequency that i became aware of recently is feeding high frequency tones into shopping areas to deter 'thugs'.. the idea being that if you can hear the tone you are young and therefore possibly undesirable!!
sounds far fetched.. i'm just repeating what i saw on this webpage: theoatmeal.com...

i am aware of possibly hearing such tones around some shops.. i will be more aware next time i go near some.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBudgie

Well, I'm for real. I know just a bit about the music industry. And yes, they use subliminals, and some other things you don't want to hear about. Never underestimate the lows these people will stoop to. And they aren't by themselves. It permeates all entertainment mediums. How's that for a conspiracy? I respect your right to think for yourself, and believe what you want to believe. They don't. All they care about is manipulating you. And all the better if you don't believe it's possible, or that they would do it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So how come every band/album/record label doesn't use these "frequencies" to sell their records? I still think the majority of new music sucks so they obviously aren't using these frequencies right...

I suppose now it'll be that everyone is susecptable to different frequencies right? Which means it's not worth it to bother using them IMO. If it won't work on everyone why bother?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by MrBudgie

Well, I'm for real. I know just a bit about the music industry. And yes, they use subliminals, and some other things you don't want to hear about. Never underestimate the lows these people will stoop to. And they aren't by themselves. It permeates all entertainment mediums. How's that for a conspiracy? I respect your right to think for yourself, and believe what you want to believe. They don't. All they care about is manipulating you. And all the better if you don't believe it's possible, or that they would do it.

well since to claim to have "proof" and/or "knowledge" of this, how about sharing? Otherwise you are just blowing smoke. I can say outlandish things too and not back them up....

And yes, I know about subliminal messages in music. Most of the time it's a joke. Styx did for example after they were accused of doing it to be evil. Imagine that, people thought Styx were evil 30+ years ago

edit on 25-2-2011 by Pastafarian because: FBI told me to

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

Proof is how much evidence it takes to convince someone of any given statement. And everybody's different. The only evidence you're going to get of this is my word from "knowledge" of the industry, and research. There is some circumstantial evidence out there if you really care to hunt it down. Unfortunately, its like so many other conspiracies, unless you have some inside experience, conclusive evidence is hard to come by. It also helps to know, and understand the technology used.

Do some looking at silent subliminals, binaural, monaural, beats. Isochronics, backward and high speed subs, and of course, the OP's original topic to familiarize yourself with some of the technology.

Yeah, Styx and others were accused of things they most likely knew nothing about. If there was anything there at all. The subs and monaurals, binaurals, are done in the mixing later, not during recording. Unless you have a band thats aware of what they're doing.

Pearl Jam was even suspected by some of using Binaural Beats on their album named Binaural in 1999.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: marijuana

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hi guys, don't have much time, just wanted to update quickly:

A few of the bands who I said were in 444hz on grooveshark aren't -- you can imagine how hours of pitch comparison can get confusing -- in this case my guitar went slightly flat back down to 440 without me knowing for a small portion of the process. So in conclusion, Nickelback probably does NOT use it, nor Sublime, the Doves, or the Decemberists. I'm not certain about Lady Gaga. As for other the rest of my previous information, it should for the most part prove accurate. To my knowledge, no one has ever done exactly this before, and I see why! It's pretty tedious. The answer is important though, and I'll continue to research. Thank you all for the contributions to this discussion!

Oh, I practiced with a band for the first time today using 444 hz. !!! is all I have to say about that.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Sunspots because: clarity

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks for that video. Saves me the effort of whipping up a program to spit out exact frequencies. But it also proves to me that those intervals are NOT used in pop music on the radio. They're far enough of from traditional western scales that they'd sound really bad to most people raised on music derived from the european musical traditions. (It might sound pleasing to some asian or indian peoples who have more microtonal scales, but just not to most westerners...)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Only one of those links mentions 444, and that one only in passing while focusing mostly on the 440 vs 432 debate.

Still trying to figure out the OP's source for 444...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

If you want to tune a guitar to get C=528, which is a solfegio frequency, with a "chromatic" tuner, then you adjust the tuner to A=444.

I did a little extra research and came across this page. 528 Heals

In summary, we use an even tempered scale in the west, which is off a bit concerning perfect harmonic nodes. This is because on a keyboard, to use the older "just scale", each key will have a different tuning. To compensate, the even tempered scale makes everything "seem" to work in all keys, and only one tuning.
Ironically, if you use the "just scale" when A=440 C=528

more info: Physics of Music

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Great thread...
Many interesting inputs reading your posts...
I think it is deeply fascinating how different frequencies (e.g. that healing ability of our own voice, earlier mentioned) affects our body.
Like all emotions have a specific (and maybe individual) frequency, and that healing of e.g. anger or hate, would have a specific frequency that would dissolve or transform those negative emotions into something more aligned with our being, supporting our true nature.
Sometimes meditating, I get attuned with different names or sound-waves of different qualities, when I attune with these names they have effects that get me out of the place where I got stucked (if that was the case).
Again frequencies...
So many hidden frequencies around us all the time, e.g. the cell-phone grid - which get more and more powerfull every day, and all the wi-fi link ups... How do they really affect our being here, a guess could be that they make it more difficult to align with our true inner nature, our spirituality.
The same goes with the 440 Hz instead of 444 or 432... It gets us hooked with confusion and emotionality, rather than connected to the deepness which we all carry within.
I have no insights in how different frequencies affect us, only what I sense on my own body, but this is truly an inspiring tread.

Thankyou

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

In music, solfège (French pronunciation: [sɔl.fɛʒ], also called solfeggio, sol-fa, solfa or tonic sol-fa) is a pedagogical solmization technique for the teaching of sight-singing in which each note of the score is sung to a special syllable, called a solfège syllable (or "sol-fa syllable").

Source

That's all it is. Unless of course you are away with the nutcases.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
is that why when i hear a new song sometimes i get the feeling that i have heard ir before quite weird
interesting though

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

We're talking about something else, but yes, solfeggio is a term used for more than one thing. "The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies" doesn't seem to be a formal name, but it is, no less, what we're kinda calling them here today.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2010

It could be.

Here's a consolidation of what I have read and found, including corrected information, for all those just tuning in or still confused:

1. Tuning A to 444 Hz (rather than 440 Hz or even the still good 432 Hz) yields a 528 Hz C (528 Hz is the frequency said to repair DNA. The other notes along this scale are each said to have other physical, mental, and spiritual benefits).

2. There is much confusion over this issue. If you get confused, you're not alone. One amazing thing is how you literally cannot find one page about this frequency's use in the music industry. You know they know.

3. There is sometimes a discrepancy between the same song on various media (i.e. Grooveshark vs. a download mp3, Youtube, or the CD). Look into The Shins for examples of this. The interesting part is it's almost always an issue of being tuned down 4 hz if it's not tuned to 444 hz! That means you can make nearly any mp3 you download tuned to 444 hz by shifting it up 4 hz in Audacity (link and instructions provided earlier on in the thread), and it also means time was taken to make that mp3 tuned to 440 hz at some point.

4. Animal Collective, Panda Bear, Nirvana, The White Stripes, and Far East Movement are pretty much confirmed to have used 444 hz on at least one release (all in the case of the first two). For specific songs, Panda Bear's "Comfy in Nautica," Animal Collective's "Turn in to Something" (a good example, though any of their songs will match this frequency), "Like a G6" by the Far East Movement -- The White Stripes and Nirvana, two that I would like for perfection's sake to recheck, I believe used them at least on "Breed" (Nirvana) and "Seven Nation Army" (The White Stripes).
edit on 26-2-2011 by Sunspots because: clarity

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreemasontruth

)
Let me remind you that music (like any other form of art) is a freedom of expression. You may think that the messages sent out in today's music is bad but it has always been like that. the blues, The beatles wrote songs about acid trips, the velvet underground wrote songs that included many nihilistic messages, Nick drake wrote about death and depression, we move to harder rock (megadeth, slayer)and the controversy of satanism and music making a person violent.and we get to present day with radiohead ( their songs that contain very depressing lyrics) and hip-hop (self explanatory). Lets not forget that as music changes then fashion changes. We go from dresses, to skirts, to hippies, to metal, to glam, to punk, to urban, to hipsters; remember that the changes in their respective time period were also criticized,,but it is a form of expression. Why should we take a persons form of expression from them when past generation have had them? You also mention the music video and its weird look but that what a music video is supposed to be like and will always be as technology gets better,(look at the Beatles music videos trippy as heck); its like I said a form of expression. To address your problem of role models it is the responsability of the parent to take care of how a kid dresses why should they ruin how beyonce looks, people like me really enjoy it

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't uunderstand frequencies myself but I am an experiencer with other life forms and they use different frequencies for different things.

I think this is something that has to be studied and a giant leap for mankind would come to fruition.

They also using light for different things one of which is healing

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Animal Collective is one of my favorite bands. I've listened to them since about 2007 and i still find myself listening to them ALOT, they have a really good emotional presence in there music. Having recently learned about these frequencies, its really interesting to find out that they are tuned to 444 hz.Im going to try to experiment with other groups that they play often with like Black Dice as well as there side projects and find out just how many bands might also be using this tuning. great thread
edit on 26-2-2011 by nubby23 because: none

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is there anything that isn't known? I think one thing would be that sound can repair dna.
It doesn't sound well thought out (I'm not a biologist BTW).
It's seems especially dubious considering that disease is often caused by environment & resource variables (chin stroke) which I would think are 'post dna'.
The whole idea sounds a little too new agey for me although I believe in the power of sound to elevate and to help heal.

Re: Pythagoras

I have a piano that I tuned to Pythagorean tuning which I like a lot. It has an overall moody kind of sparkly feel to it. Kind of micro-tonal.

The reason why it sounds that way is because the intervals (distances between notes) are more mathematically perfect and pleasing to the ear within a within a short range of notes, the trade-off is that the farther away the notes are physically they tend to be less perfect sounding e.g. C1 and F1 are perfect sounding but C1 and F3 will have a slight beating (which sounds cool also).

For my kind of music interest I like this kind of sound.
edit on 26-2-2011 by microvabe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join