It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solfeggio Frequencies, The Music Industry and You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunspots
First of all, if you don't know what the solfeggio frequencies are, I will briefly sum up what I have learned. Then I will briefly sum up my own research into them. Finally, I will touch upon the strange confusion surrounding them and the incredible lack of information. This is a topic we MUST figure out. This impacts every human being, especially musicians, but anyone who listens to music.

1. What they are
The solfeggio frequencies are specific pitches which are in line with your body, nature and the universe. Music tuned to them is exponentially more pleasing on a vibrational level, and many, including myself, say they are beneficial in many ways, even capable of repairing DNA (528 hz). It's not as much how it sounds as how it feels, though the sound can be quite different too.

2. The apparent problem
According to what I've read, most music today tunes A to 440 hz vs. what would be in line with the solfeggio frequencies at 444 hz for A. Conspiracies abound about this, first the pope, then the nazis employing 440 hz music instead of what agrees with our bodies, minds, and spirits.

3. The results of my own research (hours of pitch comparisons) shows...
a. Animal Collective uses the solfeggio (444 hz) tuning for all songs.
b. "Like a G6" by the Far East Movement uses the tuning... even on a downloaded mp3 (keep reading for why that's significant)... a strangely hypnotic song that is indeed.
c. The Beatles used it on "Strawberry Fields Forever," though seemingly not on any other songs that I can discern. I haven't listened to enough yet.
d. A version of "Sleeping Lessons" by the Shins that I downloaded, presumably ripped off of a CD, was tuned to exactly 440 hz (like nearly every other downloaded mp3 that isn't Animal Collective or Panda Bear), because a pitch shift of +4 hz made it perfectly in tune with my solfeggio-tuned guitar. HOWEVER, the same song on Grooveshark is perfectly tuned to 444 hz. Why the discrepancy? Do they give you the good one when you can't take it with you? Then when you buy it you just mess up your energy with it and want to buy something else? Do lots of bands know of this, and record companies remaster to 440 hz? Sublime mp3s on my computer aren't solfeggio... Sublime on Grooveshark is. What does this mean? Not all bands on Grooveshark are tuned this way. In fact, lesser known bands (see King Charles) are definitely not tuned that way on Grooveshark.
How is the music industry using this?
e. The Doves, The Decemberists, and Stellamaris were all solfeggio-tuned on Grooveshark. Haven't tested their CDs.
f. NICKELBACK IS SOLFEGGIO TUNED, at least on Grooveshark. Is that how they get people to listen to the worst band ever and actually like it?
g. Lady Gaga is solfeggio-tuned on Grooveshark.
h. The White Stripes started tuning to solfeggio around the time of Seven Nation Army I believe. I actually like their later songs better.

*Finally, one of several points of confusion is 432 hz vs 444 hz. Both, from what I read are beneficial, especially when compared to 440 hz, but 444 hz is the actual solfeggio A, while I believe 432 is the A that Bach and Mozart used, often just called "Bach Tuning". My personal theory is that 444 hz (solfeggio-tuned) is spiritually uplifting while 432 hz is mentally/intellectually stimulating. Who knows?

What I really want to know, is everything you know! Who do you know that tunes to it? Why is Grooveshark different from what's on a CD?

As a side note, there is a "solfeggio arpeggio" on YouTube that does not match 444 hz at all. Maybe it's tuned to 432 hz? I'm too tired to find out now.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sunspots because: (no reason given)

Great Thread....what songs are in the 528 hz Love Frequency?

www.youtube.com...

Regarding DNA...I also like this frequency experiment

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I will certainly take a look. Thank you!

reply to post by Johnze

I admit I'm no expert. One of my biggest points here is that for such an incredible phenomenon there is next to no information available. What you find in google is what you can find pretty much -- that's the point, what the hell? There is not ONE page about the music industry using this? Basically, you can tune a guitar up a matter of 4 Hz to make it much more pleasing. We'll skip the magic since this thread has been skeptic-stomped.

PLEASE READ THIS: If you are here, know that I'm already pretty positive that A) These frequencies exist and are very, very special, and B) The music industry knows this. I'm not here to argue these points. I want to know what they're doing and why. Don't you see? If there is a very specific tuning frequencies more pleasing than all the others, do you know how that could be used?

By the way, to those who wondered, I calibrated a chromatic guitar tuner up 4 hz so that the base frequency in the top left said 444 hz. (I also quadruple checked my tuning against two 444 hz songs and two 440 hz songs for each and every song. Once my guitar was perfectly in tune, I compared the chords in the song to the chords played on my guitar. When they sounded very slightly flat on the recording, I knew the song had been tuned down. When going in Audacity (audio editing freeware) to Effects > Pitch Shift, all you need to do here is type in 440 to the first frequency box and 444 to the second. If the song is now perfectly in tune with your 444 hz guitar, you know that the song was shifted down exactly 4 hz. That sounds painstakingly intentional to me.

By the way, I was writing that at 4 in the morning and I have a four-month-old... so... sorry if it wasn't perfect.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher
Thanks.
If you want to get into this phenomenon, and I highly recommend you do, start with Animal Collective.

Besides them, there are a number of bands whose recordings seem to be in 444 Hz / 528 Hz on Grooveshark and nowhere else (The Shins, Sublime...). Since there are four major labels in the world, a label who gives you The Shins, for instance, could stream them at 444 Hz to make you want to buy them, then when you get it on iTunes or on CD it's a stale 440 hz song that gets tiring... literally. Then maybe you have to go buy another band cause you're bored with your new favorite band already -- you still tell your friends, though, that you love them, but you never listen to them anymore. Sound like you with any bands? Now that next band you buy, there's a 1/4 chance that they'll be signed to the same label who provided you The Shins -- ta da, twice the money, and the consumer is none the wiser. That's the business end (totally my theory, based on my experimentation) -- much more interesting would be a physical/psychological/spiritual agenda with the whole thing. You may have read by now about the disharmony that 440 Hz supposedly creates throughout our being. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure Nirvana was 444 hz even on recordings... "Breed" is.

The White Stripes' song "Seven Nation Army" is.

Quickly though:

I retuned about 40 of my favorite songs to 444 Hz. They all sound and FEEL so much better. I find myself smiling routinely while listening to them now, sometimes even cry-laughing. You know, that blissful release of both at once, kind of like when you're watching Forrest Gump? I used to get bored of almost all my favorite bands after a few listens...*Take a moment to think about that.* Animal Collective, I listened to for four months straight and didn't know why I was so mesmorized or how I was able to hear two albums for so long.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Sunspots because: !

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreemasontruth

hahahaha...i just posted a facebook status about this song...wtf is it about? lights? child support? i really hate mainstream music.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok I don't have a guitar or anything.

Is there anyway I can do this with music and find out what it is?
Like is there a website or something I can toss a song in and it will tell me what it is?

I would like to play with this some first and find out more about it, before I make any assessments of it's validity.
I won't say this is adding up, but pieces of it do seem to add up at first glance, but I need some help doing my math homework...

Please help me find out how to determine the frequency of songs (or whatever you are doing here).

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I would love to tell you that! I encourage everyone to do this with some of their favorite songs...

1. If you don't have a guitar, you are going to have to test by feeling, though you can be reasonably sure that most songs ARE in 440 hz, and a pitch shift of +4 WILL fix it. Bare with me. If a song never feels/sounds as pleasing as you'd hope after the shift, it may not have been exactly 440 hz before.
2. If you do have a guitar, tune it to 444 Hz, or to the song "Comfy in Nautica" by Panda Bear (look on Grooveshark or YouYube). It's one chord for four minutes or so, so it's easy to tune to.
3. Download Audacity at download.cnet.com... . You may need to download LAME mp3 Encoder if you want to export your transpositions into 444 hz as mp3s.
4. Open an mp3 in question. If you have a guitar, test whether it's already in tune with your 444 hz-tuned guitar. Highly unlikely, but a good control nonetheless. Go to effects > pitch shift > type in 440 to the first frequency box and 444. Audacity will take care of the rest. Don't worry about specifying notes at the top, you just need to give the frequencies.
5. Once the pitch shift is complete, is it in tune? For those without a guitar, does it FEEL better? Yes it's subjective, but listen to the whole song. Did you find yourself WANTING to listen to the whole song? Did it make you any happier than usual to hear it? Any increased emotional response? To those with a guitar -- if it's perfectly in tune after a shift, you know it was tuned down 4 hz intentionally. If not, some songs are not tuned right to concert pitch. This method though, proved accurate and effective for 95% of the fourty or so mp3s I transposed. Therefore, even without a guitar, you can be reasonably confident that most songs are 440 hz and a +4 pitch shift will make them tuned to 444 hz / 528 hz.
6. If you have LAME mp3 encoder you can export the transposed mp3 as a new mp3. FIRST in edit > preferences > file formats, make sure bit rate is at least 256 if not 320. This just ensures your new mp3 doesn't lose any discernible sound quality.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Sunspots because: clarity

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is a very original thread, considering this is not just a cut and paste job . Yes, subjective; however, if true can be proven. I appreciate you posting your observations. My hope is that someone can scientifically verify this. If so, then this is major.

A corporate society would love to have perfect consumers. Hedonism promotes instant gratification and instant spending. If they leave you a little lacking for your fix, then maybe you will keep spending.

I like Apple, so don't get me wrong. I have an iphone and to me that little screen is very annoying to try and get my internet fix; and, then voila--the Ipad!

It was known long ago, that music has a very profound effect upon culture.

"Music directly imitates the passions or states of the soul...when one listens to music that imitates a certain passion, he becomes imbued with the same passion; and if over a long time he habitually listens to music that rouses ignoble passions, his whole character will be shaped to an ignoble form"--Aristotle

If Aristole was correct, then to intentionally project discord into the music of the masses, is to ignite ignoble passion, or, might I suggest worthless desire?
edit on 25-2-2011 by ogbert because: grammar

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunspots

Cool thanks for giving some tips.

I am going to try to figure this stuff out after I wake up later tonight, as I'm about to crash.

But I am really happy that you went out of your way to help. This is really taking things in a positive direction.

I have a lot of music I want to try this out with. Just out of curiosities' sake you know?

I will definitely come back and see where the threads going, and I will either ask for more help or I will let you know what kind of funky stuff I find out about.

Your thread may be snowballing to the front page, grats.
I would like to see more people chime in on this and add information.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Animal Collective FTW! One of the best "collectives" of all time.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I believe some of you may have already mentioned this.. but you may have misplaced the link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this topic is one of my very favorites..... keep up the dialog!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Millions of people absolutely love music at A=440hz. Millions of people also love music at many randomly selected tunings...(whatever the instrument/s had drifted to that day...you know...muso's who don't tune to a reference) You say you are laughing/crying over music tuned to 444hz, and that makes 444hz special? I don't think so.

And how do you know these songs are exactly tuned to A=444? You've strummed along with them on a guitar? How's your intonation. You're talking roughly 1/6th of a semitone. How do you know the songs are not in 443? Or 445?

And where the heck does 444hz come from anyway? Who was the originator of this "special" frequency? Please?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

At the risk of overstepping my boundaries:

Originally posted by Maya432
hello
I`m a bit too fried/tired for explainaitons right now so I`m just going to supply a few links for you to read over.

for now I`ll stick with mostly the 440 verses 432
and i`ll leave out the plato stuff and the deeper stuff for now.

goldennumber.net...

grassapelli.com...

www.akasha.de...

www.earthmatrix.com...

www.schillerinstitute.org...

www.ptg.org...

hope some of this info helps.

This comes from the thread I linked earlier.... this topic is sure to get you thinking about the nature of reality as we perceive it....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.relfe.com...

This guy talks about how he found these frequencies in the bible as a bible code...located in the book of numbers.

Dr Leonard Horowitz...Harvard Degrees and Public Health expert.

Here he talks about H1N1 and Dr. Oz on ABC working for TPTB and big pharma.
thebirdflupandemic.com...

Personally I have always very very much so felt that Harmonic frequencies were the "language of God" pretty much the language of the universe or something like that. Playing my guitar since I was a kid now in my late 20's I have always reached for music to ground me again and give me energy.

Pretty much 99% of everything on main stream radio makes me sick to my stomach...literally...not only the sounds but the words kill me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not sure I even understand this let alone believe it but as a musician and songwriter of heavy metal music, I wonder, if I could grab a pitch shifter pedal for my guitar and did what Dimebag Darrell had on the only Damageplan album before his murder (had hidden riffs and licks on lower frequencies in the final mix to boost what can be heard on the album for maximum pleasure) would that work?

For example, if I had my song about the Nazi gas chambers and murder of Jews played normally but with a constantly played note on this frequency hidden in the mix throughout that couldn't be heard, would that still make non-metal fans love it as much as people have for the last 5 years since the first version of it was recorded?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Great thread, I have been a guitarist and avid music junkie for the majority of my life. I have always had a huge issue with mainstreem music. It has always just sounded very bad to me. So I have basically spent my life listening to older music.

I have been dwelling on these theories for a while, and I appreciate what the OP did in attempts to getting to the bottom of this. There is much to be said about how they re master music. It is 100% about making money, and I would not put it past them for using a couple tricks (as in ancient vibration exploitation) to get the tone-deaf to keep buying their crap.

Have any of you heard of Infrasound before?

Lions have the ability to stop their prey in mid-run by letting out a bestial roar. They let out such a deep frequency that it causes their prey to physiologically stop in it's tracks. There is no conspiracy, that when you watch the News or Television shows or blockbuster movies - they are all using Infrasound against you.

I say against, because they are using it for manipulative purposes. Guiding your psyche like a moth to a candle.

Remember Jaws? Dun dun dun. How about X-files? Conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's not about money, Its about mind control

"Jessie J is a new pop artist hailing from England who released a breakthrough single titled “Price Tag”. While the song seems to be about the rejection of materialism, the symbolism of the video gives the song a deeper meaning: The music industry is no longer about generating money, it is about indoctrination. We will look at the hidden meanings of the song and video."
vigilantcitizen.com...

"So what do all of those symbols have to do with Price Tags and “not caring about money”? At face value, nothing much. We have seen however that Jessie is constantly portrayed as a marionette controlled by unseen handlers. Could she be singing on behalf of her handlers, the elite of the music industry?

In the past decade, the music industry went through a great metamorphosis. The combined impact of the Internet, the availability of single tracks instead of albums, more access to music listening online and unlicensed copying have reduced its revenues by a whopping 50%."

Music sales revenues from 1999 to 2009. Source: CNN Music’s lost decade: Sales cut in half

Good articles on this website that have to do in relation with what is being discussed here and if you're really interested in it look at the articles on this site, even if you arent into the whole NWO and illuminati theories it goes past the symbolism on this site and backs up the point there trying to get across.
edit on 25-2-2011 by thefreemasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think you are on the money OP.
There are a few additions id throw in for consideration......
One is the phenomenon of entrainment.......which is simply the use of certain frequency sounds to entrain the brains of the listeners.
This is an early mind control technique.

The other is that everything is vibration.From strings of string theory to waves/particles of physics, to radiations of every kind.
The whole premise stands to reason that harmonics of certain frequencies will stimulate others and the material which vibrates in those ranges.
The whole multiverse is a huge dance of frequencies of vibration or radiation or whatever......
\
One other thing is that Edgar Case predicted the use of sound as a theraputic tool in medicine long ago......not that that is any guarantee but well....he was pretty cool......

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreemasontruth

You also need to relate the concept of decreased production cost. What once took many people (production cost and also royalties) and A LOT of gear can now be done by one guy/girl in their basement. Add to this the sale of digital media rather than manufactured products and the profits will, most likely, turn out to be favorable in current conditions versus that of many decades ago.

Sorry, I don't intend to derail the topic.

Regarding particular frequencies... when making music, the greatest impact a writer has is in the relational patterns that they develop and "abuse" in their communications. Often times the "sound" of the words are more important than the words themselves. With so much in art being esoteric, that which should be the focus when understanding music is the fruit of a particular concept rather than it's novelty.

This is very similar to the idea that certain foods might add to your spirit. While one food or another may nourish your body more or less, the provision of food and thankfulness for it is, by FAR, the true source spiritual contact when dealing with carnal consumption. The same applies to the consumption of music and it's fundamental frequency structures.

Just my own thoughts.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I love music. It always makes me feel better. I like classical when I want to relax.

I have been VERY depressed lately and all I know is I bought Phil Collins love song compilation CD today and I have been smiling all day. Even though the songs are sappy they make me feel good. Music is my anti depressant no matter the wattage

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great conversation. I have done much reading in this issue and was led to believe that A=432Hz I really can't figure where this 444 Hz is coming from? Perhaps someone can define this 444. Will be watching this thread; very interesting to see that people (humans) are interested in this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join