It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You and Your Spouse Become Roommates ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
This could lead into bitching about the spouse post.
Cause believe me I am a veteran of divorce messages boards.
But I ain't going there and I ain't doing that.
And ...............ok gotta stop myself,sorry.

edit on 25-2-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Ive never been on a divorce message board but i bet it can get intense

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's not that hard,just let it flow cause it helps and feels good.
Good to vent to others who understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I have to say that its quite considerate, as this is a rampant problem amongst I would say couples that have been together for a quite amount of years. I dont think this a new trend, actually I think that t.v. and the internet have made many couples stay together for fear of whats out there.

Those who have rode it out find it easier to stick with it as opposed to go into the world that has changed even in the last 5 yrs or so. Then again thats my opinion.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

This could lead into bitching about the spouse post.
Cause believe me I am a veteran of divorce messages boards.
But I ain't going there and I ain't doing that.
And ...............ok gotta stop myself,sorry.

edit on 25-2-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Ive never been on a divorce message board but i bet it can get intense

OMG it gets ugly,trust me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

You'll have to send me a link
, as I dont think that ATS is the place, as judgment is crazy here. But to find a place where others are going through the same, it must feel good to let it out sometimes.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Not married, although I have been living with the same woman for years. We are "taking a break as of Saturday". I wont get into why but the point is recently we have had alot of issues that have made us grow apart. She comes from a family of lunatics who believe it is their way or the highway. They also have had a horrible relationship. I come from a family who has been married almost 32 years. I grew up watching them communicate and work through everything. She tends to act like her parents and not want to communicate. Long story short, I think alot of it depends on the relation you saw your parents have. It is one thing to love someone, but it is another to be in love with someone. Great thread by the way.

My parents always seemed to communicate and work through everything but they had some scream fests i can remember that use to scare the heck out of me..And good luck with your break on sat i hope it all works out and thank for the reply

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

I have to say that its quite considerate, as this is a rampant problem amongst I would say couples that have been together for a quite amount of years. I dont think this a new trend, actually I think that t.v. and the internet have made many couples stay together for fear of whats out there.

Those who have rode it out find it easier to stick with it as opposed to go into the world that has changed even in the last 5 yrs or so. Then again thats my opinion.

Peace, NRE.

And I have been out there,it's not that scary,but for the most part it's alot harder then when you where younger.
It gets harder as we get "set in or ways".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

How sickening actually. The divorce rate is what 40%? Do you know what the Bible's standard is?

"What God has joined, let no man separate." The moral high ground is no divorce unless your spouse cheats. Single parenthood is the single greatest cause of poverty and social problems in youth.

The Rockefeller brainwashing is in place. Your spouse is now simply another way to feed your ego and derive temporary pleasure. The NWO brainwashing is very keen on destroying the family unit. It allows them to control the population and to keep generations in miserable slavery and poverty.

This may come as a shock, but "Love" is not just a spontaneous feeling that comes over you or that you are stricken with, like a disease that's eventually cured. Rather love is a choice! That's right you can choose to love your spouse. In fact Jesus commands this for christians.

Just to let you know, when you casually decide to leave your spouse you will be causing yourself and him or her to commit adultery and you will be held accountable on judgment day. So when you are discovering new things to hate about your spouse, or you are searching for "greener" pastures, remember that you are at least half of the problem and probably more like 2/3 of the problem. Your moral foundation is deeply flawed and you are helping to destroy your entire culture.

The easy divorce mindset happens to really piss me off because of it's wide reaching destructive power. It's worse than crack coc aine IMHO. At least that's a bad habit that could possibly be terminated. The destructive power of divorce lasts a child his entire lifetime and no 7 step program will help him or her.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Your right it is, I completely agree. I also think with these wars, that divorces will double. Believe me, I came back a different person, alcoholic, ptsd and on medication. Things like this will cause many relationship problems. Especially when you have a spouse that doesn't understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Peace, NRE.

I never looked at it that way but ya know i think your right..It would be scary for me to step out and start over things are different now even from 6 years ago

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
NRE ,for one you have to get rid of your avatar,
and I think we maybe safe here.
I am no longer on any of those sites for a few years.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Actually having this experience has taught me alot about myself. I learned to be patient and understanding, and to realize that just because I feel a certain way, doesn't mean its "my way". I guess I did end up set in my ways, but it has come at a time when most are not looking for the same things anymore.

People have changed and being a good person, understanding, and trying your hardest to be drama free, is not up to today's standards.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Kdog, nre, any of you....anytime your feeling down and need to talk, u2u me. You can tell me your gay, cheated on your spouse, kicked your dog....im not going to judge you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Peace, NRE.

Believe me I'm only 38 but I'm already set in my ways probably not a good thing..

And I have been out there,it's not that scary,but for the most part it's alot harder then when you where younger.
It gets harder as we get "set in or ways".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Well thank you!
I hope you are up to it!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I am no longer on any of those sites for a few years.

I hope you know I was kidding. If I wanted to find a place Im sure I could search Google and get hundreds of thousands of sites with people ranting about their spouses

But I was curious about this.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I may not be the brightest SOB here, but ill damn well listen to everything you tell me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Kdog, nre, any of you....anytime your feeling down and need to talk, u2u me. You can tell me your gay, cheated on your spouse, kicked your dog....im not going to judge you.

Aww, thats sweet and thank you. Just as long as you know that you are welcome to do the same.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Drama free!!!!
I love that,that is what we have almost achieved!
Get over it,move on and life goes on,cause things could be much worse.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by donkeystyle

How sickening actually. The divorce rate is what 40%? Do you know what the Bible's standard is?

"What God has joined, let no man separate." The moral high ground is no divorce unless your spouse cheats. Single parenthood is the single greatest cause of poverty and social problems in youth.

The Rockefeller brainwashing is in place. Your spouse is now simply another way to feed your ego and derive temporary pleasure. The NWO brainwashing is very keen on destroying the family unit. It allows them to control the population and to keep generations in miserable slavery and poverty.

This may come as a shock, but "Love" is not just a spontaneous feeling that comes over you or that you are stricken with, like a disease that's eventually cured. Rather love is a choice! That's right you can choose to love your spouse. In fact Jesus commands this for christians.

Just to let you know, when you casually decide to leave your spouse you will be causing yourself and him or her to commit adultery and you will be held accountable on judgment day. So when you are discovering new things to hate about your spouse, or you are searching for "greener" pastures, remember that you are at least half of the problem and probably more like 2/3 of the problem. Your moral foundation is deeply flawed and you are helping to destroy your entire culture.

The easy divorce mindset happens to really piss me off because of it's wide reaching destructive power. It's worse than crack coc aine IMHO. At least that's a bad habit that could possibly be terminated. The destructive power of divorce lasts a child his entire lifetime and no 7 step program will help him or her.

divorce lasts a child his entire lifetime and no 7 step program will help him or her.. i do agree with that statement..thanks for your reply

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join