It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really believes in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I do believe there is some major energy related situations oriented around that date. Not sure if exact date but could be close enough.

edit on 2/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think we are in an era of great change, beginning with the industrial revolution.
There is no turning back now... the date may be impossible to pinpoint, but the changes are coming at an alarming rate!

Just look at how much has changed in the last 100 years alone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

so 2012 is just one date for the end of times, we have 21 june 2011 to get through first link:www.ebiblefellowship.com...
the rapture they say, I think im working that day though

then we have march 4th 2011 The weird planety tychee thing becomes a sun and fries us,lost the link to that one.

may 21st 2011, another rapture (busy couple of months for god) link; technorati.com...

some predictions for the solar maxim in summer this year hitting us with x45 cme flares. run to the hills!!!

Its a very congested end of times over the next few years, .In answer to the original question I do believe there is something going down, but i'm ready and a bit excited, so bring it on,

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
2012 is not the end of the world. As stated by others, it is the end of a one cycle of a calendar and the beginning of another. However, it is stated that this period of time is a period of great turmoil and change. This, I believe is entirely correct as there is much that is going on that is dire.

There is an asteroid named Apophis that is predicted to certainly hit the world soon, the only question is when. That is why the Asteroid was named Apophis. What is important concerning 2012 is that the asteroid is approaching earth right now and many astronomers are working to make more accurate measurements of the asteroid and predictions of its path. These observations will be made as the asteroid passes by the earth in 2012. What I fear will happen is that this close fly by will show that no matter what they do to this asteroid, it will hit the earth. If they try to move it, it will simply hit the earth at a different time, perhaps sooner, rather than later.
But when these calculations are made and as the asteroid passes close by the earth I fear that the governments of the world will go to war with one another trying to reposition themselves outside of its path. What would China do, if it learned that the asteroid will hit off their coastline? What would the U.S. do if its citizens learned that the asteroid will hit off the California coastline and cause the eruption of the Yellowstone volcano and the largest earthquake zones in the U.S. will also erupt thereby utterly destroying 90 percent of the U.S. This asteroid is much larger than people are being told. The governments continue to state that the asteroid is now less than half of what its original measurements stated, which only means that either Nasa continuingly lying to the public about their calculations, or they can’t measure anything in the universe with less than apparently 10 percent accuracy on any given occasion. Basically, how can every measurement be smaller and smaller when they are supposedly accurate every single time. The reason is that the asteroid is huge and they want to lie about it, not just to you, but to the governments of the world as well.

Global war would start today perhaps if the governments of the world read the Book of Revelation and realized that perhaps the asteroid is the event spoken of in that Book. Be prepared my friends, for these events have a way of fulfilling themselves when so many external events are also going on at the same time.

2012 will not be the end of the world, for God says no one will know the time, however, it certainly may be the beginning of the end for many reasons.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

havent you got an exact date that i can add to my previous post!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

These observations will be made as the asteroid passes by the earth in 2012.

The actual date is 2029.

This asteroid is much larger than people are being told.

Why do you say that? The predicted path is based on its trajectory and mass and the forces acting on it.

The governments continue to state that the asteroid is now less than half of what its original measurements stated, which only means that either Nasa continuingly lying to the public about their calculations, or they can’t measure anything in the universe with less than apparently 10 percent accuracy on any given occasion.

I get it. You expect the first information to be end all and as refinements are made you'll simply disregard them unless it fits with some predefined agenda of yours.

Basically, how can every measurement be smaller and smaller when they are supposedly accurate every single time. The reason is that the asteroid is huge and they want to lie about it, not just to you, but to the governments of the world as well.

Your conclusion does not follow from the information given. What is severely lacking here is the issue of precision. There is always uncertainty in measurement. The first estimates of the mass are going to be off. The path of the object is watched. If the predicted path does not match the observed path, then the estimate for the mass is refined. This process continues until the observations match the prediction. When you understand what is happening then this irrational claim of lies is a moot claim.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I did not say that it would hit in 2012. I said that the next time that it flys by for calculations is starting right now up to 2013 as stated here on the wikipage for it

en.wikipedia.org...

What this means is that by the middle of 2012 the governments of the world will have all the calculations of this asteroid that they need to realize the fact that they will need to position themselves for the largest global catastrophic event in modern history. This asteroid will most likely hit the earth, the only question is when. Once the governments of the world have their calculations in order by more closely observing this asteroid this year (2011) and next (2012) then the pieces on the chess game will begin to move.

Countries that are calculated to be in the path of destruction will obviously want to invade their neighbors for supplies and Exodus from the impact zone. Countries seen as safe haven will be flooded with refugees from the calculated impact zones. Hording of food supplies and vital resources will trigger civil unrest and global warfare. The entire world will be fighting for every scrap of safety and resources make no mistake about it.

This is the calm before the storm.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I believe that something major will happen near the end of 2012. Nothing physical mind you, but something on a more spiritual and intellectual level that will put everyone on the planet on a higher plane of consciousness. This is just a gut feeling as I've never done any serious research on the topic aside from reading articles and listening to varying points of view.

What do I mean by "higher level of consciousness?" I don't know exactly. If I did, I'd be there myself. But in all honesty I simply cannot see this world functioning on a productive level very much longer knowing what I do about the sheer STUPIDITY of TPTB in virtually every country on the planet. Seriously, sit back some day and listen without prejudice to news reports from around the globe. Pay attention to how the leaders from countries all the way down to religious sects react to both good news and bad. They all seem to be out of touch with the common man.

What I see is the earth on a path of self destruction because the vast majority of people on this planet are sheep. They need a shepherd. The problem is the shepherds don't give a damn about the sheep and the sheep are too stupid to see that. All they see is that they're being led and don't care too much about anything else. Gives a whole new meaning to the saying "The blind leading the blind." Realistically, how long do you think this can continue without something very bad, or drastic, happening?

I believe in intelligent ET life forms and to a certain extent the "human ant farm" theory. I believe that they see and recognize what is going on. I believe that the time we have to keep doing what we're doing is about to end. People talk about seed banks. Maybe all the life forms on this planet are just that and the ET life forms that put them here are seeing that they are slowly destroying themselves. If we are their investment, then it would behoove them to step in and "protect" their investment, would it not?

Anyway, that is why I "believe" in 2012.

Have a nice day

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Actually it states that measurements would be taken in 2013 when the asteroid gets close to Earth. The article also mentions Foresight to track the asteroid. That probe would be launched at earliest in 2012 and not arrive at the asteroid for 5 to 10 months.

What this means is that by the middle of 2012 the governments of the world will have all the calculations of this asteroid that they need to realize the fact that they will need to position themselves for the largest global catastrophic event in modern history.

How can this be true if the measurements won't happen till later?

Countries that are calculated to be in the path of destruction will obviously want to invade their neighbors for supplies and Exodus from the impact zone.

That's just fear mongering. I don't think that is obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join