It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher orderes students to beat up kindergarten boy and keeps her job!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Never really ceases to amaze me what the heck goes on now a days. I'm 22 now, but back in second grade this girl put her hands around my neck and literally choked me and the teacher said "well, he (me) probably deserved it!" Man... That made me furious. I'm not saying what happened to me was as bad as that, but it just curbed my shock value for stories like this. It's a shame crap like this goes on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I don't know where these parents get their self control. If this had happened to my son or daughters, the teacher would be picking her teeth up from off the ground when I got finished with her.

Mom: Teacher made kids beat son

A mother claims boys in her son's kindergarten class beat him up, and that the teacher told them to do it.

Rolinda Dunmire rushed to pick up her son, Amos, from his class on Friday, Feb. 18, after his teacher called and said the boy was acting up. When she got to the school, her son was crying.

"[The teacher] approached me and said that my son had hit another kid and, to punish him, she had all the boys in the class beat him up," said Dunmire.

Dunmire claims the teacher had eight other boys line up and start swinging.

Mora Independent School's Superintendent Thomas Garcia said the district was aware that something happened and is doing a full investigation, but the teacher remains in the classroom.

Garcia said since there is no claim the teacher actually made physical contact with the boy, there is no reason to pull her out.

KRQE News

Watch video of the mother's account here.

This is unbelievable. Sure, the kid should be punished for hitting another kid but this is way over the line. Didn't the thought of sending him to the Principal's office cross that teacher's puny little mind?

What this teacher did was teach the class a lesson in vigilante style justice; she taught her students to have no faith in the justice system and to take the law into their own hands. Instead of going through the proper disciplinary channels to punish this kid, she decided to fight violence with more violence.

What ever happened to the liberal notion that corporal punishment only teaches kids to handle their problems with violence? Isn't this why so many states are outlawing spanking? All those parents whose children participated in this beating should be raising hell too. They work hard to teach their children non-violence and this teacher undermines their authority with this one act by giving violence her official sanction.

To top it all off, it looks like the school district is going to let this slide because the teacher didn't PERSONALLY hit the student.

edit on 2/24/11 by FortAnthem because:

I have to say this, and they want more MONEY???? SCREW THEM!!! This woman did this to my kid, I would be personally beating her up, and then a lawsuit, and so much more until she is fired!! They want money and feel they derserve money because teaching is so HARD, my arse!!!! Blah!! How about this , they get rid of lazy arse teachers like this one, and let the parents teach instead, i say get rid of school, kids don't learn crap anyway, the best way to teach a child is to teach them yourself!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Children are spoiled now a days. My Mom and Dad spanked me with a willow switch when I was bad. When a teacher smacked me across the face, they said I probably had it comming. And ya know what, I did. I learned respect for other people with regards to that. I also learned that you never know what another person is capable of so maybe you should think twice before making a snide comment or enforcing your will on someone. Kids now a days don't have any respect for anyone. They grow up with no fear or responsability for there actions. Parents think taking the Ipod away is good punishment. But it doesn't teach a child anything of value. In a work environment, hitting another person will cause you to get sued or shot or worse. We are not teaching children life lessons any more.

Do I think hitting a child is right? no. But there has to be something more severe than the punishments that we dish out now. I want my child to have real world survival skills. And I don't think she is receiving any thing of value from todays schooling system.

Was the teacher right IF she did this.....no. But did the child learn a vauable lesson? I think so. And as another poster said, the only thing that got hurt was his parents pride.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epiphron
Just to UPDATE the story, the teacher has been placed on administrative leave.

The teacher was still the classroom as of Wednesday. The superintendent initially said she couldn't be removed because the district was still looking into the allegations. However, on Thursday, workers in his office and the victim's mother said the teacher was put on administrative leave.

The article also says the sheriff's department is involved. Good.

The thing that is so frustrating about these stories is how often a tenured teacher gets off with a slap on the wrist and no criminal charges for an incident like this. A teacher with tenure is almost impossible to get rid of, no matter how bad they are. I've read articles stating that it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to fire a union teacher.

Hopefully, with law enforcement involved, it will be easier to get rid of her if the allegations are true, especially if she is charged with a crime. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
We should try to get in touch with this teacher and ask him or her what it feels like to be a complete piece of crap.

Originally posted by GodofWar411
she should be so lucky that i wasn't the parent.....
.... they would be going to jail or i would be depending how fast the cops can there after i called them...

Originally posted by FortAnthem
If I were in that parent's shoes, I would have offered the teacher a choice; either I call the police on her or dispatch some vigilante justice of my own on her for what she did to my child. Give her a taste of her own medicine, as well as some of her own blood in the process.

So all of you are taking this one woman's word as complete fact? This woman, who you most likely have never heard of before, is definitely telling the entire truth? Absolutely no possibility of the teacher being innocent?

Personally, I do not know this woman who is making this claim. I do not know that she is an honest woman who is telling the truth. This may have happened exactly as she says, but I do not know that as of now.

MOTF = judge??
GoW = jury??
FA = executioner??

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? We have no proof of anything. All we have as of right now, is the word of 1 person.

I would ALWAYS believe my child over any teacher. Adults lie. Children at that age are not aware of what a lie is. Why would this woman be lying? I've been in a very difficult situation like this, but with my younger brother. I had to pick him up from school because he had spat at his teacher. She claimed he did this randomly. My brother told a different story. His teacher called him and idiot and smacked the side of this head. No one believed my brother, except me. I fought her, and the school principal, (Not literally) I was in process of suing the teacher when other mothers came forward of students in the same teachers classroom that the same had happen with their children. You know what the school did? They suspended her, she got paid for her suspension. I went off of course. Threatened legal action if the proper steps were not taken, and these mothers were also threatening legal action. So basically, after probably a year of going back and forth she was fired. She moved to another state. I can only assume she's making other 2nd graders feel like crap. If she get's caught up in her child's lie, remember, why would a mother not believe her child over any person? A mothers intuition is to ALWAYS believe her child.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Never really ceases to amaze me what the heck goes on now a days. I'm 22 now, but back in second grade this girl put her hands around my neck and literally choked me and the teacher said "well, he (me) probably deserved it!" Man... That made me furious. I'm not saying what happened to me was as bad as that, but it just curbed my shock value for stories like this. It's a shame crap like this goes on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Must be more common than I thought! When I was in, probably 4th grade I'd guess, this girl hit a kid over the head with a thick book. The kid tells the teacher and she said the EXACT same thing! "well he must have deserved it" The same little girl that hit the kid was always spouting off about how bad "males" were, can you believe thinking that kind of thing at that age? Must of had some femmi-nazi as a mother. Wonder what boost that gave to her beliefs when a female teacher says it's OK to assault male classmates.

Anyway, I'll agree with others in the thread that kids don't get "taught a lesson" enough, but I think you should make sure it's the right lesson. Nobody knows why that little kid hit the other kid, maybe the other guy was picking on him? Who knows. If the kid was just defending himself, you send him the message that it's not OK to stand up for yourself.

I remember another time, this was in middle school, there was this one ass that would just give me crap all the time. I was a chubby kid, so after harassing me he would run away thinking I wouldn't be able to catch him. His favorite was, what was all the rage at the time, where you come up behind somebody and kick them in the back of the knee to make their leg give out. I can't even count how many times he did this. One time, he didn't hit me in quite the right spot, and I turned around and took off after him. This was after school and I was chasing him down a side street, caught him and tackled him, in the process he lost a tooth, got a bloody nose, and some scratches. His mom who was on her way to pick him up at the time was coming down the street in her minivan and starts screaming at me for hurting her "baby"

I got in a ton of trouble, when I was doing was defending my self. That kid never harassed me after that day, either.

My point is, if the kid in the OP was just being harassed all the time, and got fed up and swung at the kid, I don't think he should be punished. Although we don't know if that WAS the case, it's very possible, so I guess it's a good idea to keep an open mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

I would ALWAYS believe my child over any teacher. Adults lie. Children at that age are not aware of what a lie is. Why would this woman be lying?

Obviously you did not read my comment. However, you have inadvertently agreed with me.

You contradict yourself with-"adults lie, but why would THIS woman be lying?"

I do not know why she would be lying. I did not declare that she was lying. My comment was in direct response to the comments of vigilante justice against this teacher with the only evidence, at the time, being the words of this one woman. I simply stated that we do not know exactly what happened, and that the teacher should at least be given the consideration of a possibility of innocence before the lynch mob is released.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I dont think it was that bad. Personally. I think the teacher will probably get in trouble, and rightfully so, but underlying the issue is the fact you have a little boy who is bullying and hitting other children, and the teacher in her way was trying to teach him how it felt to be in their shoes.

Did you read the comments under the video?

Parents need to take responsibility for teaching their own children good social skills, and how not to be bullies if they dont want strangers to try to do it their own way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join