It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher orderes students to beat up kindergarten boy and keeps her job!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't know where these parents get their self control. If this had happened to my son or daughters, the teacher would be picking her teeth up from off the ground when I got finished with her.

Mom: Teacher made kids beat son

A mother claims boys in her son's kindergarten class beat him up, and that the teacher told them to do it.

Rolinda Dunmire rushed to pick up her son, Amos, from his class on Friday, Feb. 18, after his teacher called and said the boy was acting up. When she got to the school, her son was crying.

"[The teacher] approached me and said that my son had hit another kid and, to punish him, she had all the boys in the class beat him up," said Dunmire.

Dunmire claims the teacher had eight other boys line up and start swinging.

Mora Independent School's Superintendent Thomas Garcia said the district was aware that something happened and is doing a full investigation, but the teacher remains in the classroom.

Garcia said since there is no claim the teacher actually made physical contact with the boy, there is no reason to pull her out.

KRQE News

Watch video of the mother's account here.

This is unbelievable. Sure, the kid should be punished for hitting another kid but this is way over the line. Didn't the thought of sending him to the Principal's office cross that teacher's puny little mind?

What this teacher did was teach the class a lesson in vigilante style justice; she taught her students to have no faith in the justice system and to take the law into their own hands. Instead of going through the proper disciplinary channels to punish this kid, she decided to fight violence with more violence.

What ever happened to the liberal notion that corporal punishment only teaches kids to handle their problems with violence? Isn't this why so many states are outlawing spanking? All those parents whose children participated in this beating should be raising hell too. They work hard to teach their children non-violence and this teacher undermines their authority with this one act by giving violence her official sanction.

To top it all off, it looks like the school district is going to let this slide because the teacher didn't PERSONALLY hit the student.

edit on 2/24/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a law suit against the school for failure in duty of care AND second set of litigation against all the parents would soon make enough of a statement.

show the school and teachers what can be done with the rule of law,.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We should try to get in touch with this teacher and ask him or her what it feels like to be a complete piece of crap.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If the school district does determine that the fight was ordered by the teacher, Garcia said it will be handled as a personnel issue, and could not discuss the punishment.

Knowing that this
has to be a union teacher, probably nothing will result from this. The union will stand behind her 100% and the worst she'll get is a nasty letter in her file or maybe some paid time off (suspension).

I can't believe that no one thought of calling the police on this teacher. How can this NOT be a criminal offence?

If I were in that parent's shoes, I would have offered the teacher a choice; either I call the police on her or dispatch some vigilante justice of my own on her for what she did to my child. Give her a taste of her own medicine, as well as some of her own blood in the process.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
she should be so lucky that i wasn't the parent..... teacher is to provide ethical and logical display of how a adult is suppose to act. and to keep a child safe from any harm....

i would have probably not been able to hold myself back.... they would be going to jail or i would be depending how fast the cops can there after i called them...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is a good example of why parents homeschool their kids. I have a feeling that public schools as they are now will be going the way of the dinosaur. I think some school districts will find that online schooling will be more cost effective. I mean if you really think about it, it would eliminate alot of bullying issues don't you think?
edit on 24-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
We should try to get in touch with this teacher and ask him or her what it feels like to be a complete piece of crap.

Originally posted by GodofWar411
she should be so lucky that i wasn't the parent.....
.... they would be going to jail or i would be depending how fast the cops can there after i called them...

Originally posted by FortAnthem
If I were in that parent's shoes, I would have offered the teacher a choice; either I call the police on her or dispatch some vigilante justice of my own on her for what she did to my child. Give her a taste of her own medicine, as well as some of her own blood in the process.

So all of you are taking this one woman's word as complete fact? This woman, who you most likely have never heard of before, is definitely telling the entire truth? Absolutely no possibility of the teacher being innocent?

Personally, I do not know this woman who is making this claim. I do not know that she is an honest woman who is telling the truth. This may have happened exactly as she says, but I do not know that as of now.

MOTF = judge??
GoW = jury??
FA = executioner??

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? We have no proof of anything. All we have as of right now, is the word of 1 person.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
This is a good example of why parents homeschool their kids. I have a feeling that public schools as they are now will be going the way of the dinosaur. I think some school districts will find that online schooling will be more cost effective. I mean if you really think about it, it would eliminate alot of bullying issues don't you think?
edit on 24-2-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

It would also help keep a lot of parents out of jail.

If teachers keep pulling stupid stunts like this and continue to get away with it, it won't take long for fed up parents to break out a can or whup-ass on them.

It would be considered a case of justifiable assault if I were on the jury though.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

From what the mother said, the teacher right up and told her that she had instructed the students to beat up her son.

Those are some pretty serious allegations. If anything, this teacher should be removed from the classroom and prevented from having any contact with children until the investigation is complete. Leaving a person who could do something like that in charge of Kindergartners would be dangerous and irresponsible IMO.

There's also the possibility that she could be influencing the children to protect her and instructing them on what to say when questioned on the incident.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It is what it is friend. Either it happened or didn't. If so my comment stands, if not my comment still stands cause I'm a jerk like that. Sorry but I don't put too much faith in the legal system. Any verdict can be bought with enough money.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Fortanthem, your choice of title does not accurately reflect what's in the article you linked. The story is about a child making accusations on hte teacher. The school is investigating, and should the claim be true, will take action. Since the student did not claim physical abuse from the teacher, there's no need for a precautionary "just in case" removal of the teacher from their post during the investigation.

All we have is the claims of a kindergartner and his mother; hardly an indictment.

But you want a witch hunt. So none of this seems to have phased you at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

My oldest son was bullied and I was and still am in awe of my anger and hatred towards those boys. Granted, I didn't act upon my emotions but boy, did I want to,

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

From what the mother said, the teacher right up and told her that she had instructed the students to beat up her son.

Exactly!!

You did not hear the teacher's statement. You also have not heard any other person stating that the teacher said such things. All evidence, as of now, is the words of one woman.

I am not claiming, without a doubt, that the teacher is innocent. I am only saying to wait for evidence before preparing the noose or dropping the guillotine.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just to UPDATE the story, the teacher has been placed on administrative leave.

The teacher was still the classroom as of Wednesday. The superintendent initially said she couldn't be removed because the district was still looking into the allegations. However, on Thursday, workers in his office and the victim's mother said the teacher was put on administrative leave.

Apparently there's some truth to the allegations, otherwise they would not have placed her on administrative leave.

Hopefully the school fully investigates and does the right thing.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Epiphron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Teachers make mistakes with kids all the time as do parents, it seems the only difference is that the teacher gets sued and the parents lose the kid if child services find out.

I once had a teacher hand over control to a big rough kid for some football training while he went off to the toilet, now this big kid looked around then caught my gaze and shouted get ******y. I ran faster than I had ever run and adrenaline kicked in real hard with only the smaller faster kids catching me and one by one I belted them until finally the bigger kids caught me and beat the living hell out of me.

This was one of the best lessons I could of learned at that stage in life, beatings back then had definitive lines you didn't cross like kicking whilst on the ground or stomping. Now I say we are bringing up generation after generation of sooks that never do anything wrong in their own eyes and the only punishment they get is to have their iPod taken off them for 10 minutes or no internet for an hour.

The lessons that kid in this case may have learned about life and society are probably more than he would learn in a whole year of being pandered to by some PC teacher. The only thing damaged here is the mothers pride but I think she will be more than financially re-numerated for the child's suffering.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If that's actually what happened, and it was my child, I would tie her up, and have all my female relatives beat the crap out of her, and see how she likes it.

Either that, or she would just "disappear"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Disappear, really?

'Cause murder solves so much, right? And makes you a morally superior being, I'm sure.

Quit the chest-beating, it looks stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by James1982

Disappear, really?

'Cause murder solves so much, right? And makes you a morally superior being, I'm sure.

Quit the chest-beating, it looks stupid.

I was actually implying I would pay her 1 million dollars and give her a plane ticket to the other side of the globe. No not really, but I was about as serious with my previous comment as I was about that.

*beats chest*

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Ignore post...second thoughts, this is pretty bad
edit on 25/2/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Teachers make mistakes with kids all the time as do parents, it seems the only difference is that the teacher gets sued and the parents lose the kid if child services find out.

I once had a teacher hand over control to a big rough kid for some football training while he went off to the toilet, now this big kid looked around then caught my gaze and shouted get ******y. I ran faster than I had ever run and adrenaline kicked in real hard with only the smaller faster kids catching me and one by one I belted them until finally the bigger kids caught me and beat the living hell out of me.

This was one of the best lessons I could of learned at that stage in life, beatings back then had definitive lines you didn't cross like kicking whilst on the ground or stomping. Now I say we are bringing up generation after generation of sooks that never do anything wrong in their own eyes and the only punishment they get is to have their iPod taken off them for 10 minutes or no internet for an hour.

The lessons that kid in this case may have learned about life and society are probably more than he would learn in a whole year of being pandered to by some PC teacher. The only thing damaged here is the mothers pride but I think she will be more than financially re-numerated for the child's suffering.
Sometimes a real punch in the nose is all it takes to straighten a kid out. The problem with the disciplinary system as it's is that it offers no appropriate punishment. For the kid, getting sent to the principal and being suspended is like having a day off from school. They'll just do it over and over until they get thrown in jail because they have no life skills. Then they just drain the state budget until everyone is taxed onto the street. We have an ineffective over-bloated system.

We spend millions to fix what a simple bloody nose could fix for a fraction of the cost. In general, this is what government has done across the board. It makes everything excessively expensive just because liberals are crybabies and are too afraid to see a little blood or improvised justice. When you don't have billions of dollars to pay for things you improvise. Apparently government doesn't know how to operate within its means it just wants billions and billions more to add more and more legislative trash on top of the enormous pile already present.

My grandpa was right. They did what they did back then because it worked. We just forgot. When a tree was leaning on his house he cut it down himself and took a big chance. He could have got hurt or his house could have been damaged. If that had been someone nowadays they probably would have spent thousands of dollars fora contractor to deal with it and I bet the state would get involved too because of the power lines and pipes and god knows what else is on their list. Obama would show up with a camara crew and tell us how he helped give jobs to contractors. My grandpa's generation knew how to tie their shoes. They were tough. They had troubles, but they worked through it like champs. They knew how to survive. These days if the power is cut people are helpless. If the trucks stop trucking food and water people will starve to death. We're helpless by comparison.

One day we're going to have to cut off this legislative cancer before it kills us.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join