It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market Crash 2011: It will hit by Christmas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

One who has been eerily accurate in his calls the last couple of years is Barry Ritholz, the one who was quoted in the article regarding trading psychology.

I've been reading his blog (The Big Picture) for a while and he has called major changes to the day but, he doesn't actually make a call, it's usually an offhand comment. One time he did say they (the investment firm he works for) had changed their portfolio to a much higher percentage of cash... THE NEXT DAY the market tanked and continued to for days.

Before the market took off in March 09, again he made a comment that he expected the market to take off, despite the overall state of things and sure enough... there it goes.

Sunday, he makes the announcement that he's going on vacation and weird things tend to happen to the markets when he travels... well, this week speaks for itself.

Even reading the comments on his blog is terribly informative. I think he has a lot of investors (of other people's money) that read his blog.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who cares what the stock market does.

Anyone who knows anything knows that the stock market doesn't equal the TRUE state of the economy.

America is done one way or the other.

Cut the deficit : America's GDP takes a huge dive.
Continue the deficit : America gets too much debt, investors force the bond market to raise rates, US has to use all taxes to pay bonds or default. GDP takes a huge dive.

Bernanke screwed it all up.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Didnt some russian guy state the the US
was gonna collapse in 2010?
We made it through that one..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

At this point, I wish it would hurry up and get here cuz the suspense is killin' me! It's the not knowing I can't take.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Realtruth
I would have to agree with this and the reason is when oil jumps up really quickly like this, it always causes the market to crash soon after.

It's not a doom scenario just an observation.

I would say the dow will be at 5000 or lower by X-mas.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Nope, if they follow the same playbook as 1929, which I believe they are, the second crash should bounce off about 6500.

Even if they do follow that playbook, which I know exactly what your eluding too, I would agree with you 100%, but for some reason my gut is telling me 5k.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

ultimately we cannot be held responsible for what a corrupt power does to mislead, we can only see what happens and know that what is really happening is their whole creation is dissolving. How life carries on from that point will be up to all of us, not just a few. Now we are able to see what not to do, we are free to create something much better and I mean something awe inspiring. We have nothing much to loose and much life to gain. The simple satisfaction of a joint creation that is truly beneficial will fill us all with energy to make the needed changes.
Words can change mind and mind changes matter, let it be our minds that do the job and not the minds of the selfish crew.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join