It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you ask God, to prove that he was real.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
IF god exists i doubt he'd need to answer dumb questions to prove it was really him

I reckon the creator of everything would kinda stand out, don't you?

One thing is for sure though he would want to hope he/she/it doesnt post its arrival on ATS he/she/it would just get flamed and debunked

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chooselove
IF god exists i doubt he'd need to answer dumb questions to prove it was really him

Yeah he does
I wanna know what REALLY happened with that battle with Lucifer, bringer of light so many eons ago. Since it was supposedly Lucifer as a Serpent that gave us knowledge, and the guy who set himself up as God of the Jews, Muslims and Christians was all about killing and destruction... The Flood Sodom and Gomorrah, Inquisition, Crusades, Salem Witch burnings, Jihads, Holy Wars etc etc....

I want to know how he can prove He is the good guy

Now if I get zapped... you will have the answer

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Prove it, Make me a waffle

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey zorgon well put, you have a great way of thinking through things.

link   
Prove it, make be a god damn waffle

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No sane person would ever be dumb enough to take the name of a god in vain that has proven himself to be real.
Danm it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

What would you ask God, to prove that he was real

Think about that question for just a minute and then, imagine that YOU were God and some pipsqueak, no-account creation of yours had the arrogance to ask for proof of your existence.

Nothing personal, mind you... but this is exactly why God asks for faith. Look around you; there is tons of evidence that UFOs exist and that 9.11 was homegrown in Washington DC. But even so, we still argue.

God could plant His foot on a nudist camp of atheists, Fox News could be LIVE on the scene... but, you would never hear a word about it on the 6 o clock news and even those who witnessed it would still deny God's existence.

If you can't look around and find God in the falling leaf, in the passing breeze or the sound of a newborn... then there is nothing He could do anyway.

edit on 26-2-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If he did not want us to ask questions, he would not let us do so.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogertom
If he did not want us to ask questions, he would not let us do so.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Your point is well taken... but still and all, even if God DID prove Himself... who would believe it? How many idiots would deny Him and call it a debunk?

If you can't find faith in God, no amount of proof will replace it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

Yeah and the Vatican finally apologized to Galileo

1992: Catholic Church apologizes to Galileo, who died in 1642
4thefirsttime.blogspot.com...

Took em a while

And now they are ready to Baptize Aliens

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
if God DID prove Himself... who would believe it? How many idiots would deny Him and call it a debunk?
If you can't find faith in God, no amount of proof will replace it.

Faith is just a belief system with little resemblance to reality... or the truth. No amount of faith can manifest that which is not. Having faith in 'god', is in truth, just having faith in the word of another man. There has never been any word directly from a god. Just another man's tales of such.

At face value, faith in god is the spiritual equivalent of taking candy from a stranger.

IRM
edit on 27/2/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wonder what percent of ATS is athiest, more than 50 probably.

The answer to the thread is this question, (we would have already determined God was all-knowing at this point so you cannot ask with a question mark, you are asking personally)

"Can you save my soul"

If this thread is asking to question God as if we were Moses and spoke face to face with God, remember Moses was terrified and had his face to the ground. I would ask for things like gold to appear and the best wife that I could ever imagine and to live the longest best life possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
"Can you save my soul"

Why do you feel your soul needs saving? You do something wrong?

If this thread is asking to question God as if we were Moses and spoke face to face with God, remember Moses was terrified and had his face to the ground.

Moses also wore a 'radiation shield' and his hair turned white from radiation
But why would anyone want a God that scares the crap out of you? This whole 'Fear of God" thing is just wrong. Most of the other religions love their God, not tremble and cower in fear. I bet that descent onto the mountain was a spaceship
That would certainly terrify someone in that time period

I would ask for things like gold to appear and the best wife that I could ever imagine and to live the longest best life possible.

For that you need to contact a D'Jinn... it can be done, if you use "The Secret" but I would advise caution... they are a tricky lot and do not have a love for mankind

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Why do you feel your soul needs saving? You do something wrong?

That was an answer directed for everybody, I am not claiming to have sins I am repenting for. I guess it boils down to a belief in the afterlife. This powerful creator of everything can do whatever it wants. I not only completely fear death, but want to live hundreds of years more than possible.

But why would anyone want a God that scares the crap out of you? This whole 'Fear of God" thing is just wrong. Most of the other religions love their God, not tremble and cower in fear. I bet that descent onto the mountain was a spaceship
That would certainly terrify someone in that time period

A lot of learning in this earth is about accepting that you don't get what you want. I got life, and now I want to live for hundreds and hundreds of years. I am assuming that I have a soul based on experience and believing that I will encounter the creator after life it's more than an educated guess to believe this creator is powerful. It just makes sense that such a powerful thing wouldn't let you walk all over it. Yes I believe that a good muslim shouldn't fear God every day, I'm a Christian and I'm always God fearing, it's just a choice of a belief system that I intuitively feel good about, and feel good about based on the evidence I researched.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This powerful creator of everything can do whatever it wants. I not only completely fear death, but want to live hundreds of years more than possible.

Hmmm well I am in my eight carnation at the moment, but the true creator is YOU through the energy in the Universe. However the Universe doesn't care about good or evil (though I do see a slight favoritism to the good)... that choice is left to YOU...

Not preaching, but in the end you will know

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

This powerful creator of everything can do whatever it wants. I not only completely fear death, but want to live hundreds of years more than possible.

Hmmm well I am in my eight carnation at the moment, but the true creator is YOU through the energy in the Universe. However the Universe doesn't care about good or evil (though I do see a slight favoritism to the good)... that choice is left to YOU...

Not preaching, but in the end you will know

Yes I know the choice is up to me but if the universe can have some sort of favoritism that it must be some sort of collectiveness. Whether we face this after death, be born again without facing this, be trapped on the earthly plane as a ghost, go to hell or what they call heaven. There are so many stars in the universe why not go to another planet and take another form somewhere suitable for life.

I trust myself much more than others but I give praise to what I call the Master Controller, the particular god is the hebrew god.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'd ask it to answer an unanswerable question without saying it doesnt have one, or anything along that line.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chooselove

You can ask God any time you like...

"Let me experience what you are"

If you are ready, he will respond without a doubt.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'll tell you what I do really believe in, and I know it to be real and many believe in it too.

CONTROL....

Take all your gods, church systems, different faiths and so and and so forth and what you will have at the end of them all is a control system that the person must follow or they will be struck down in some form. Sorry, that'sa control system long before you attach any faith to it.

Look at what is going on in the world, humans have followed their faiths and beg their god to come down and fix all these problems going on in the world, it seems that calling is on deaf ears so we have started to see a new 'hope', a hope that aliens will come down and fix stuff for us.

Who is next on the lists of something people are going to put faith in rather than deal with it themselves.

I've been a victim of religion thanks to different religion parents in Northern Ireland, I've had the nuns tie my left hand behind my back to force me to use the right one because of some daft religious belief fostered by various religions, I guess I was lucky to have been born in 1961 as a few hundred years before and I would have been burnt as a with I guess.

So stop being lazy, deal with your own life, stop trying to get someone to fell you what you need to do, make the changes you need by common sense and not because a little book tells you its a sin.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
what are this weeks lottery numbers????

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join