It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you ask God, to prove that he was real.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
I don't know that this would prove the "voice" were God or not, but here's some questions I would have:

1. Has there every been a successful DVDA?

LMFAO! I nearly gagged on my instant noodles! I'm sure most of the conservative crowd around here wont have a clue! Lucky you!

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So many gods, so many questions!!

Actually, no questions, no gods, just failed creations of people who refuse to take the responsibility to run their own life!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I would ask him what he's done with all the Mod's , why is our ALIENS and UFO's forum being overrun by religion

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I would ask him what he's done with all the Mod's , why is our ALIENS and UFO's forum being overrun by religion

Spot on...

Needs to be sent to hell

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My on-topic (Aliens UFOs) reply comes from Star Trek: "What does god need with a starship?" - creating the REAL question:
"Why does god require believers and worshipers (and human institutions to promote and merchandise these activities) or the concept of salvation?".
THAT is the question.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Faith and belief in a creator of everything should not be confused with faith in the religious institutions and belief that they are telling you the truth. There were books that the monks who put together the Christian Bible purposefully left out. They altered things because they needed it to conform to the belief system they were putting in place. The places of worship force people into believing that if they do not attend these places of worship that they are not of the true faith, but why can a person not have faith without attending on of the places of worship?

This brings me to my answer to the question at hand, I would have no questions for someone claiming to be “God” in such a manner, because if there is a god, and in my faith there is, he would have no need to show himself in such a manner as would be blatantly against everything I believe the ultimate creator to be.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If you were able to talk to God, wouldn't that mean he was real? The proof of God is the light within your soul that can be found in deep states of meditation, called samadhi it is a state of heightened consciousness and purifying peace. To obtain this state turn your mind upon itself, and focus on the spirit of the mind. Become aware of the Self that is beyond this mind, that is the witness to the actions of the mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There are going to be millions of people worldwide, who fall for this gigantic hoax, if and when it happens. And i believe it is possible the technology already exists to pull it off. The thing is, how could you convince millions of your fellow men, who have no idea about such things, that it was just a super hi tech hoax, orchestrated by the elite, to create their new world order.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

One thing I have learned form these boards is that if someone wants to believe in a proven hoax, it is hard to deter them. Some people just want to believe no matter how bad the hoax.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

GOD voice can be heard w/o technological devices. When his son speaks you will know FOR SURE for the reaction cannot be mimicked. I would ask Alpha did we get a good count and by his answer I would know...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Any "god" that demands my worship is not a "god" that would receive it. I worship nothing, and no one.

Reverence is another matter, as it stems from love and respect. I have no problem with that. But I will not be a pawn used to stoke an ego.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly my thinking. Any true god would not need or care about the worship of mere people.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I wouldnt ask Him to prove himself. I guess I would call such a request a little arrogant. What I would ask , is what I always ask. Keep us safe, and when that isnt on the cards, look after the souls of the dead, and keep the jackasses out of heaven. And by that I mean everyone who got involved with a hate war, on any side, for any reason. Like that malignant little gnome... whats his name.... George Bush. Keep him the hell out of heaven. Yep thats about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It would not be arrogant if you knew it was a false god, it would be a duty to your fellow man to unveil the truth.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
If your really God... can you make a boulder bigger than you can lift?

God: I did create such a boulder. I call it your free will. You must lift it yourself. I made it so out of love.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sure, but if I thought God didnt exist but talked to him anyway, I think I would have to section myself on the grounds of increasing evidence of some sort of split personality disorder, or the likelihood of an impending psychotic break !
I mean how messed up would that look ? :

Me:
" Hey, God, why all the suffering? Why all the war and torment? Whats the deal???!!! Prove you exist by doing what I ask you !!!"

Random person:
"Whoa, dude... theres no one around,whats with the one sided debate here? Are you ok??"

Me:
"Oh Im fine... no worries, just talking to God"

Random person:
" Ah... you a believer then?"

Me:
" Nah, Im just trolling ."

I mean that would get me sedated and in a brand new suit in about a half hour... A lovely white jacket, with many shiny shiny buckles, and long strapped up sleeves. It would look damned good , but I dont think getting involved with that sort of tailoring is a great idea .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hmmm. Now, if I was sitting down with one whom IS god, and I know Im sitting there with HIM...because thats your question..."What would you ask God, to..."...then I wouldnt need to ask him to prove HE was God, right? Otherwise, your question answers itself, right?

Lets see...Im there with GOD...and am supposed to ask Him to prove Himself...but He IS God...oh HELL! Im confused....

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: brain salad surgery

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Ha ha excellent .. worth a star mate, but im going on the point, that it would not be god, just an hoax by TPTB to fool the masses.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Hell were all confused friend, very funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Me personaly , I dont see that I need proof of Gods existance anyway. I figure that the majority of the advice in the Good Book is sound, and its like an instruction manual for avoiding being a terrible person. I have had one of those lives where I have had oppertunity, and in some cases what other people might call an excuse to be a real lowlife. Now more often than not, no matter how hard life gets, I carry my own honour high enough to avoid that ... but sometimes, sometimes Im too weak to do that for my own benifit, and I guess it helps me keep on the straight and narrow to think that the creator of the universe might be offended if I dont keep my self together.
I have done alot of good out of that need to avoid his ire

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join