It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deepest Thought Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nottheonlyone

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." - Nikola Tesla

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Latley I've been feeling like I'm experiencing too many moments of "nowness" than is healthy for my brain. It's like I cat space events out enough to get things done with appreciation for time. I am always cathing up to my thoughts but giving up in the process.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My deep thought is that it's hard to have any deep thoughts when there are a lot of girls in bikinis or no bikinis on the tv screen. I guess that just means we really have two brains. We have our more instinctive brain that lives in the moment reacting and watching and then we have a more intellectual brain but both brains are not usually active at the same time.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sometimes I allow myself to observe and comprehend how fast time passes. Like, I blink my eyes, then yawn, those are gone forever, then I pet my cat, the moment is history soon as it began. Do you all know what I mean? Have you done this? Don't look at it too close, it'l drive you to obsess. There is something wrong with this picture. videos films and photos can freeze a moment forever, but I cannot freeze the moment forever? Literally. And why not? Why can I not even reverse----the moments and make them un-unexist going backwards. To what era? Any one I want. But how? I feel like I am looking through a glass darkly. How blind into this particular matrix are we? What for?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I had an experience like that about 2 years ago. It can return anytime i decide to probe the thoght, but ive learned that the human mind simply can contain the reality of it. We simply cannot reduce the Irreducible into our dualistic terms of understanding. I though of G-d, and the thought brought me to a more fundamental and deeper aspect of the question until i was utterly disoriented, and left a bit nervous by the thought.

We are children. Little babies with egos that like to make us feel were more important, intelligent, beautiful, or powerful than we really are. We are simply here to perform our own mission and do it to our best ability; with humility, and grace and esteem for that ineffable G-d who gave us Life.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I have had similar thoughts, but not that exact one. I do know what you mean though. I have thought deeply about time and reality. Once a moment passes it is gone forever in the sense of time, but it does exist somewhere - it must for it took place, it happened. Perhaps the moments that pass only exist in our minds. We can freeze any moment there. How real is a thought? It exists in a mind - you cannot touch it but you can describe it, you can have another person visualize it. You can bring it to life through art of any kind. You can also change it and mold it.

Then I wonder.... What if all we are is a "thought" of something greater than ourselves. Like G-d's thoughts... How real is our reality really. Is it only as real as we perceive it to be?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Sounds like life may be a little chaotic for you at the moment. Have you tried meditation?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
My deep thought is that it's hard to have any deep thoughts when there are a lot of girls in bikinis or no bikinis on the tv screen. I guess that just means we really have two brains. We have our more instinctive brain that lives in the moment reacting and watching and then we have a more intellectual brain but both brains are not usually active at the same time.

Speaking of TV, I've been turning mine off more and more lately, which kinda scared me at first (Oh no, what will I do without at least some background noise?). I love it, but I hate it at the same time. It just irks me to no end that I can't seem to put a coherent thought on paper (or keyboard) while sitting here laughing at How I Met Your Mother. I think a little quiet time away from the boob tube would do wonders for advancing ourselves intellectually... Maybe answers for some of these deep questions would start popping up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join