It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul (film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This movie looks funny as [snip]
Thought I'd post it on ATS, since it's very-much related to typical ATS content ...

Official Site

Wikipedia Page

Internet Movie Database (IMDB) Page

Official Trailer on YouTube ...

2nd Official Trailer on YouTube ...

edit on 14-3-2011 by Gazrok because: Edited out censor circumvention [snip]..original word was slang for feces.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I just saw the preview on TV like 20 min ago. Looks awesome can't wait to see it! LOVED these guys in Shawn of the Dead.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
could use some light entertainment right about now~!
can't wait:
for the movie!
Not for the inevitable:"Uhm...hey guys does anyone think hollywood is inserting clues in media to get us ready for the anticipated invasion of small cute/funny cgi guys in Rv's??"comments sure to come).

edit on 24-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

But there have been a lot of alien movies coming out lately... Are they trying to tell us something?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Is this not out in america yet?
I saw this and thought it was great, the whole cinema was laughing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I saw it in the cinema last weekend, its a brilliant film, but at times, it does reek of a disclosure movie, especially when the film starts to get a bit religious.

Also, i am aware there are camera rips of the film at the moment, on torrent sites.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hmm I liked SImon Peggs sit com (spaced) and I loved Shaun of the Dead but Hot Fuzz and Run Fat boy Run left me a bit cold.
I'm hoping this film can turn my
into a

Looking at his imdb profile I never realised that SImon Pegg was in a couple of episodes of Band of Brothers, I've seen that loads of times and didn't notice him

edit on 24-2-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
E.T. meets Shaun of the Dead, meets Role Models....

Should be interesting... Pegg is either hit or miss, but when he hits (Shaun of the Dead), it's awesome...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This could go either way for me, I'll have to wait till I see it to decide. I guess with Pegg you know that it has the potential to be brilliant, and both of them are sci-fi nuts so I doubt they want to release a dumbed down family adventure.
Don't know, looks OK though.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Can't wait to see this. I love Simon Pegg.. Run Fatboy Run was great IMO. Shaun of the Dead a classic of course.

He had the best part in Star Trek.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've already seen it.. So I will provide a vague review as not to spoil anything..

It starts off slow, but starts to get hilarious after a while. I will say that it spoofs on several movies and is probably exactly what you expected but yet not at all what you expect..(you will understand what I mean by that)

I think it's important to note that this is in no way a kids movie.. Again b]Do not watch this with your kids!! There is really excessive foul language and a plethora of sexual references. This movie is full of stupid humor but I still found it quite hilarious.

I give this movie a "definitely worth seeing" rating

I don't think it's been released yet.. as the release date says March 18, 2011.. If you are wondering how I've seen this already.. send me a U2U
edit on 8-3-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It was actually surprisingly a lot better than I was expecting. Certainly the best movie to come from this duo since Shaun of the Dead. Anyone catch all the little pop culture references (and the not so little ones?).

My favorite is Jason Bateman shooting the radio and saying "it was a boring conversation anyway"...(picture Han Solo saying the same when dressed as a Stormtropper and blasting the console).

Yes, that was actually Speilberg on the phone....(its in the movie).

Kristen Wig is going to have a very BIG year I'm predicting....she was great in this, and has lots of other things coming out.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You bet your hairy love eggs she was....

I watched it again.. Love this movie..

You miss a lot of things the first time.. I thought it was funnier the 2nd.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Whaaa was a featured extra and a driver in "Paul" Look for the Gray haired, bearded old hippie man in a couple of scenes or most of the time is was in road scenes driving a green toyota pick up. Fun shoot! Mostly filmed in the Land of Enchantment....Tamalewood....

Great crew, cast and the parties were incredible with lots of booze and ......

I have yet to see it.
edit on 10-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I just saw "Paul" and I never saw myself but did see my green toyota PU.
I thought the film was amusing. Great scenery of New Mexico; almost shot entirely in my back yard of Northern NM. The story/script was catchy even though the use of so much profanity seemed a bit adolescent. Perhaps that is the demographic that "Paul" is meant to appeal to.

As in most movies if you can care about the principals [main characters] then the film was a success. I thought the cast was great and I actually wanted the "heroes journey" to be successful.

new topics

top topics

join