It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: TIME Magazine to Report 9/11 Commision Finds Al Qaeda Ties to Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ask me if I care, really it comes down to the peoples wishes in Iran does it not? or are you implying that the mullahs should remain unmolested irregardless of the Iranian peoples desires? and that the UN should be used to prop up murderers and torturers.

Who's sticking up for the UN? : the premier arm of the globalists' agenda. I am just tired of hearing about Saddam and the violated "UN resolutions". It's irrelevant to the big picture. If the US actually followed THE CONSTITUTION, we would never had allowed Bush Sr. and the CIA to "prop up" Saddam in the first place.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
originally posted by Jamuhn,

They better provide some more information though, very, very specific information before they try to start a war in iran. No more of this, they have stockpiles of weapons crap. Where, how much, what are they doing with it, when did it get there, how long is it going to be there, etc., etc.

I am in 100% agreement with you on this statement, it is essential that the public has detailed information on anything like this, without it the public falls into a devisive state of perpetual argument with the result being our troops moral is affected - not to mention the publics moral.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Further...
Iran's 9/11 role revealed: reports
July 18

THE September 11 commission's report, due out Thursday, says Iran may have facilitated the 2001 attacks by providing eight to 10 al-Qaeda hijackers with safe passage to and from training camps in Afghanistan, according to media reports today.

Time and Newsweek produced similar reports quoting congressional, commission and government sources.
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

They said Iran relaxed border controls and provided "clean" passports

HA! This sounds more like the US. Open borders..issuing passports to terrorists. ...TIME TO INVADE DC!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I gotta say that rather then a full scale war in Iran, I would favor supporting/encouraging a civil revolt within the country.

UN be damned!

Yeah, we've got'em surrounded, but were spread a little thin right now. Last thing we need at this point is to commit the numbers of troops neccesary to win a full scale war in Iran also.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
May I remember fellow members that US does not have the financial means to invade another country, and neither the manpower.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Reuters is reporting that Iran has arrested a number of Al-Qaida sympathizers.

"Iran's intelligence apparatus has identified and arrested small Iranian deviate branches of the al Qaeda group," state television quoted minister Ali Yunesi as saying. It did not elaborate or specify how many were detained.

The rest of the story

Iran seems to be trying to prove that they too are fighting the war on terror. They pick up a couple of small time players, and then put out a press release to make a big deal of it. All of this curiously timed after the bit about what the 9-11 commision will be reporting.

[edit on 7/17/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
May I remember fellow members that US does not have the financial means to invade another country, and neither the manpower.

I don't know about financial means, but the draft will certainly take care of the manpower problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
if we go over there i think the # will hit the fan and then we are all screwed

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How are we going to feed? with camel meat?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I don't know about financial means, but the draft will certainly take care of the manpower problem.

The draft would be a disaster.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What does this statement mean in real terms, that Iran was compassionate to terrorists?

I wonder what the British Special forces were doing there recently (the ones that were caught and 'shown off' like trophies on TV).

One thing is clear is that western inteligence is keeping a close eye on Iran, and the country must obviously feel un-easy.

The second a mistake is made or evidence of such is found, the 'Bush admininistration' will be sizing up the possiblility of sending in the storm troopers.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If we are going to deal with any other country we will have to do this diplomatically, US is not in financial shape to do any other invasions, and the countries in the Middle East knows that.

Wars are not free; they are very costly and expensive. Some people may say that it is better to go and kill the evil before another terrorist attack happened in US and many of our fellow Americans be caught in it and die, and for people like me and most Americans is the patriotic way to think.

No American wants another 9/11 and definitely no me either. But let�s see the ramifications of another war in our some what not very stable economy.

When you see up to the minute financial cost for the war flying by, be sure to bear in mind that had proper diplomatic channels been adhered to such as obtaining UN resolution and securing a commitment from other countries, much of this financial burden would be shared as it was in the first Gulf War.

The views of our president in lets do it our self war and we and ourselves alone is taking a toll in our economy.

Right now the burden of Afghanistan and Iraq is taking a toll on the states of the nation they have smaller budgets and bigger financial need to deal with our nations own population problems.

Our own education is eroding. Our basic needs as energy and natural gas are rising and with it prices to.

You look around your neighbors and friends and see that their retirement investments are disappearing, because the economy and lack of good heath care, the elderly have to deep into their retirement plans for good treatments.

Lots of children in the US live in poverty and for a country that can finance wars abroad this is a shame.

Our infrastructure is deteriorating, more people is loosing jobs and becoming homeless the programs for social services have been stop, slash or eliminated for lack of state and federal funding.

At the end it comes to one question, look around your communities and see the truth picture of what financing a war is costing to your community and then think.............how this administration is going do to fix our own needs.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What in the world is this mad man trying to do colonize the entire Middle East with Americans troop�s death bodies?

No, I think they are trying to stop any attacks that would make the US filled of dead bodies again, or any other western country.

What I just hope is that they make more public the discontent that the Iranian people have with their present regime, and what they are going through. Before the war in Iraq the government did a poor job from making more available to the public the hearings of Iraqi dissidents asking us to do something about Saddam's regime. That i remember it was only covered in C-SPAN, and not many Americans watch that channel.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Muaddib, I think that the war in Iraq was a mixture of many things, perhaps, greed, the need to prove a point, wrong information, pressure from financial tycoons, revenge, hate and stupidity at the end.

The Iranians are going to see US as the same as most Iraqis sees US as invaders if US gets involve in their affairs.

US can not fight the entire Middle East without repercussions.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Marg, do a search on the net about pro-American Iranians, or how Iranians feel right now about US intervention. There are many countries that are willing to recieve help from the US to take out really oppressive regimes. Most Americans have no idea what oppression trully is, neither do most British and other European people. It is not only that many countries are truly being oppressed, is that these countries do pose a threat to our allies and the US.

I am not one of those people willing to let any country threaten to use terrorism and other means against the US. I am not that naive to think those will always and only be empty threats and bluffs, 9/11 was not a bluff and neither was 3/11 and the other terrorist attacks in the US and abroad.

[edit on 17-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
BTW Marg, I don't think most Iraqis see the US as invaders. You see dissenters on the news, because it makes news. But is that what most Iraqis feel like? I have seen on tv how at least some Iraqis are demanding that they execute Saddam as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OK I think we need to calm down here a little. I don't think any of us can truly know what is going through Iraqi's minds. I feel they might still have a fear of Saddam, or anyone that may be left from his "Squad" to even give a true feeling of what they want, but again I do not know what is going through their minds. We need to wait and see how this report plays out before we can make any accusations as to who or why. Iran has been in the Eyes of the US before Bush even took power. The US has at least a million troops not on deployment, and there is the possibility of the draft, and in one way or another The US can and will afford it.

Lets see what the report brings out....

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I am not one of those people willing to let any country threaten to use terrorism and other means against the US. I am not that naive to think those will always and only be empty threats and bluffs, 9/11 was not a bluff and neither was 3/11 and the other terrorist attacks in the US and abroad.

Look, this has nothing to do with pro-American Iranians. You're argument is trying to invoke emotional feelings and ethics and trying to ascribe them to logic. The logic is we only attack in cases of threat and more recently with Clinton and others, in ethnic cleansing. The facts that Iranians want American intervention, 9/11, and 3/11 have nothing to do with the significant amount of facts MISSING from this article about the possible relationship between Iran and 9/11. Obviously, right when this commission report comes out, you will scoop it all up and take everything as truth no matter how broad the statements. Thats my opinion

I remember just 2 weeks ago you were telling me how crooked the 9/11 commission was when they released a report about the lack of wmds. I know you personally don't like oppresive regimes, but we can't just attack Cuba anytime we like and start making a fuss about Castro. War is a serious matter to take lightly...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
OK here's how I see it.

When the USA has it's next terrorist attack (before the elections) there will be 2 maybe 3 countries lined up to take the blame and then the bombing.

1, should the next attack use a bio/chem weapon then Syria will be accused of supplying the weapon to AQ.

2, if a nuke is used then Iran (along with NK) will get the blame. NK might not get attacked directly as this could piss China off just a little.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join