It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why abortion is legal - why it is not wrong, murder or genocide.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by byteshertz

When ever you terminate a living being whether in the womb or alive it is murder.

They are a person even at conception, no ifs ands or buts.

But hay all the people for abortion are alive.

A beached whale has a greater chance of survival than an unborn child.

Did you actually read anything I posted - or do you actually have trouble processing the situation. You said "When ever you terminate a living being whether in the womb or alive it is murder" - prove to me a zygote is a human being! PROVE IT! "They are a person even at conception, no ifs ands or buts." read the article i posted before this post - both the law and science do not agree with you. If you want to be technical a person is a coporation and they dont become that corporation until the birth certificate is signed - but thats another thread. You say they are a person at conception - Prove it! What is a person?
Don't come in here spouting off your opinion as truth unless you are prepared to back it with facts!

It is obvious that people who believe abortion is morally wrong are just coming in and staring people's posts that agree with their point of view - nothing to do with considering both sides of the argument, processing the facts and coming to your own conclusion - Here at ATS we call it denying ignorance, sadly not many are very good at it any more.
edit on 24-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

In a candid conversation with my mother about my absentee father I found out that he suggested that she have an abortion. I came close to being an aborted baby. That being said, I still believe that abortion should be legal.

If you want to argue the ontological status of a foetus than I say, no, a foetus is not a person. Biologically and genetically, yes, a foetus is human but so is a tumor or the mucus I throw away when I blow my nose. Am I partially aborting myself when I have a cold? A foetus is no more self-aware or conscious than the above.

Is a chicken a chicken at hatching or fertilization?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Is that not copy and paste?

This argument is pointless, It will only go round in circles. We cannot prove where life starts neither can you, Abortion may be legal where you live, Over here it may be illegal. It's like Arguing about God.........No evidence to prove he exists, No evidence to prove he doesn't.

People need to be more responsible in life, Use a damn condom if you don't want to get pregnant, And we are the same people that expect the world to change and become a more positive place overnight.....Shame really, You reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa

Is that not copy and paste?

This argument is pointless, It will only go round in circles. We cannot prove where life starts neither can you,

THANK YOU! This is the point of my thread, which you have been arguing against - and the reason both science and the law can not say abortion is murder.

edit on 24-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Is a chicken a chicken at hatching or fertilization?

I don't know, There could be a chance it's dog before hatching......

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thread's gone quiet already... not really something you can argue with I guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

There is nothing to argue about. Nobody is gonna change their mind about this issue because of a thread on the internet!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm not surprised. Your biggest opposition on this thread actually admitted to being unable to prove when life begins as you pointed on in your previous post.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Yeah, I shot myself in the foot

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I disagree in part, I change my opinion about things all the time based on what I read on ATS, it is hard for me not to question my point of view when someone can show me evidence suggesting the opposite is true.
Most people are unable to do this though and will blindly stick to their opinion, seeking anything possible to back it up.
I still like to think ATS is capable of denying ignorance - but that may be me just following my opinion blindly and not checking the evidence matches ;-)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You didn't shoot yourself in the foot, the other poster did by adamantly saying he could prove life at conception and then conceded in a post that it can't be. I missed that part.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Yeah - I mean shot myself in the foot in the sense that now I have destroyed the opposing argument the thread isnt going to get much attention

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Haha, now I get it. I was like... you won.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

As i previously stated, It's a fruitless topic hence the lack of discussion at the moment. Those mature enough to realize that ATS is not a battle ground have found a more interesting thread to contribute to, All we are doing here is going around in circles.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Give it up dude, anyone reading this can see that you have made a fool of yourself.
ATS is not a battleground - it is a place to deny ignorance, that to me suggests using critical thinking - critical thinking means you must critisize all idea's even your own and hold them to scrutany of the facts - something you have not done or you would not have agreed a few posts back that this whole discussion goes in circles - which was the point of my OP, law does not recognise that which can not be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Give it up dude, anyone reading this can see that you have made a fool of yourself.

How old were you when you had that abortion again? Mrs. Know it all.

it is a place to deny ignorance

You seem to be the most ignorant person posting in this thread.

critical thinking means you must critisize all idea's even your own

Then why have you still not given in? What makes you think the law is perfect? For one it's got many loop holes in it. Even murderers, Rapists and Pedophiles walk out of court free men in some instances. Even a broken watch is right two times a day and there is some truth in what i say.

which was the point of my OP

You have tried to defend abortion in any way possible, Your opinion is biased. Let us hear your other side of the story, The negative effects of abortion straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

How old were you when you had that abortion again? Mrs. Know it all.
You seem to be the most ignorant person posting in this thread.

I am a male. I see you are trying to make a personal attack direct at me, thinking I am a woman that has had an abortion, and trying to use this to your advantage to hurt my feelings. A complaint will be filed.

Then why have you still not given in? What makes you think the law is perfect? For one it's got many loop holes in it. Even murderers, Rapists and Pedophiles walk out of court free men in some instances. Even a broken watch is right two times a day and there is some truth in what i say.

Why would I give in when I have provided facts that support my point of view and the only real oposition I have encountered has not provided any sources besides some biology quotes that did not support your point - which you soon changed to match my OP.

You have tried to defend abortion in any way possible, Your opinion is biased. Let us hear your other side of the story, The negative effects of abortion straight from the horses mouth.

My opinion has not been expressed - I have only stated the facts as I see them. I personally believe it is a persons choice - this is the only opinion I have given.
I have not expressed my opinion besides this - but I actually think that too many abortions happen, and happen way too late in pregnancy, for all the wrong reasons - because my critical thinking mind counters every argument I can put foward to abortion = murder.

edit on 25-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is an article from my philosophy class.

A Defense of Abortion - JJ Thomson

Most opposition to abortion relies on the premise that the fetus is a human being, a person, from the moment of conception. The premise is argued for, but, as I think, not well. Take, for example, the most common argument. We are asked to notice that the development of a human being from conception through birth into childhood is continuous; then it is said that to draw a line, to choose a point in this development and say "before this point the thing is not a person, after this point it is a person" is to make an arbitrary choice, a choice for which in the nature of things no good reason can be given. It is concluded that the fetus is. or anyway that we had better say it is, a person from the moment of conception. But this conclusion does not follow. Similar things might be said about the development of an acorn into an oak trees, and it does not follow that acorns are oak trees, or that we had better say they are. Arguments of this form are sometimes called "slippery slope arguments"--the phrase is perhaps self-explanatory--and it is dismaying that opponents of abortion rely on them so heavily and uncritically.

She presents you with some hypothetical situations/thought experiments.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Dendro because: Forgot about external

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen, I asked a question I simply wanted an answer, Kindly report me if you wish but I'm not the only one name calling here.

Why would I give in when I have provided facts that support my point of view

Your point of view and mine defer, Once again biased.

which you soon changed to match my OP

I edited for spelling? Is that a crime.......What I've been saying through out the thread is that abortion is wrong, Period.

I have only stated the facts as I see them

Once again you contradict yourself, And i quote "I have provided facts that support my point of view".....Well what about the facts that do not support your point of view? You're simply brushing them off. Why make a thread if you will not listen to other peoples opinions?

This is a response to your post before the edit:

I see you have edited your OP twice now, Very smart, And now you quote Matthew?
edit on 25-2-2011 by Serizawa because: last line.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Thanks Dendro! Reading over now - wish I could star your post more than once

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join