It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Grave Sites Across Canada to be Surveyed by International Tribunal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Simple history lesson.....50% of residential scholl abductees died in custody.
Torture and abuse was common in many if not most of these genocide schools.
I have done threads on this before , funny no takers much then....but its all the rage now....pffft!
These atrocities were perpetrated by the CHURCHES!
Both catholic and protestant churches too.
My good friend,(an elder now) was made to kneel on a broom stick for two weeeks till they realised he would be crippled if they didnt relent.They tortured these children without mercy, the "good fathers< and the Nuns.alike.
Boys and girls were tortured indescriminately!
it is about time justice was served!
The goverment should not only have to pay the survivors, but they should have to pay the descendant families of the dead too!
This was a genocide!
Any surviving staff should be facing jail time or worse........murder charges.....
edit on 24-2-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
reply to post by exile1981

yeah, yeah. Don't forget, too, please, it happened all over the US on a much larger scale. OK.

Agreed. That's what I was alluding to with "events".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Ya but you see...this thread isn't about the killings in the US....this is about the ones in Canada. Incase you forgot to read the thread title.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Most of those involved probably are pushing up daisies but with DNA testing perhaps they can find LIVE relatives who can sue the friggin Catholic, Anglican and United churches and bloody bankrupt them for good!!!

Perhaps we need to dig up every old Catholic & Anglican church school/orphanages worldwide and I'm sure we'll find hundreds of thousands more grave sites of little children.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Just had a conference with Grand Chief Phil Fontaine last week. He was National Chief during the 2000s and headed the Residential School repayment policy.

He mentioned that there were a lot of deaths at residential schools. At residential schools in the north (territories), there were sometimes less than a 50% survival rate. Apparently there's even large walls loaded with memorials to dead "students".

Of course the reality was that this wasn't education; it was assimilation.

I heard there were over 140 million aboriginals in the Americas before Europeans came with greed, guns and disease. At first Europeans needed the natives to teach them how to survive, and they coexisted. Then the church came, alongside with empirical ambitions. Within decades, the aboriginal population plumeted to less than a tenth of the original number.

Though the situation in Canada was a bit different from the outright race wars in American territory. We tried hard to assimilate them... and yes, we did use biological warfare against them. Even right here in BC, Europeans gave small-pox laced blankets to the natives. There were stories of travellers finding quiet native camps out in the bush, and upon further inspection, finding skeletons of diseased natives in their tents.

Entire populations wiped out, probably the worse case of genocide ever in the history of man. No wonder why the West preaches so hard against Hitler's genocide of only a fraction of the amount that they originally killed off.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I find peoples arguements about genocide hilarious when they are talking about the 1400's to even 1800's. We are more civilized now(?). What happened to these children was horrible. Let's keep the focus on that. History is full of conquering nations who didn't give the ones they conquered gold and spices to go away...they killed them. Everywhere. This thread is about more modern times and the atrocities these kids faced. No one deserved that.
If we want history lessons we can open a textbook.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It must be noted here that the Anglican church of Canada HAS nearly bankrupted itself to pay these reparations.
I would love to see how much actually WAS payed out by the responsible other parties.......RCC etc....
The RCC still continues its attempts to dominate these people on the reserves.
The social situation between native and white people remains discriminatory and fraught with predjudice, in Canada.
It is amazing how badly we still treat anyone differently coloured than white.
From my own perspective the discrimination, and social ostracism,has never stopped.It continues today around the world.
Not just Canada, but everywhere the native peoples are suffering at our lily white hand.
"White mans burden"is alive and thriving in the hearts and minds of societies everywhere.
Perhaps it is human nature for this to be,but if so, it makes humanity hardly worth saving .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is horrible if this is remotely accurate and what's even stranger is some responses are comparing the US to Canada stating where more trajedies had occurred...does it really matter we are all freaking people/human beings...what a crying shame and just the thought of mass graves is extremely depressing and reminds me of some third world countries...just freakin horrible

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

"It is amazing how badly we still treat anyone differently coloured than white."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we treat people horribly within our own races or ethnicities...It's not just whites treating x race poorly it's black on black murder, white on white murder and so on and so fourth...when people are trusting of other people than their will always be exploitation whether it's for money, sex or power...horrible traight we carry and it comes out in more in some people than others...go to some other countries and see how people treat their own race...look at the protests going on...look at South Africa and see how they treat the white farmers, China how they treat the Buddist, Northe Korea how they treat their own people it's all around us...and it's a shame

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Can any of our Canadian ATSers enlighten us as to what's going on? This sounds to me like it may turn out to be something really big, quite possibly even bigger than the sexual abuse scandals that have plagued the catholic church for the past 20+ years.

The theory behind residential schools was assimilation. The Church was to be the vehicle to turn the First Nations white. So somewhere between Indian Affairs and the Church, the decision was made to, if necessary (and perhaps the preferred way) was to "Beat the Indian out of them."

I welcome this inquiry, and hope that all are made to account for their actions in process.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is why I don't begrudge the First Nation people for trying to get everything they can get.

Imagine the psychological trauma this would have on YOUR family if they had experienced this for many generations?

There is a lot of alcoholism and domestic abuse on the reserves but slowly it is getting better as they gain their dignity, spirituality and self-respect back.

They must break the cycle but I think it will take several more generations to heal.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It's not my mission to bankrupt the church but if the accusations are true, then to whatever extent possible, those responsible should be held accountable and if it bankrupts the church in the process, so be it. Once it has been established that criminal activity resulting in the death of children at these schools did indeed occur, then I believe that the church should pick up the cost of the DNA testing as well.

If we know the whereabouts of a Nazi war criminal today, do we not make attempts to bring them to justice? To just say that too much time has passed and it would be too difficult to identify and prosecute those responsible would be a miscarriage of justice in itself.

Kinda reminds me of Obama stating that we're only going to focus on the future when ask about possible prosecution of Bush administration officials for crimes against humanity. Under that premiss, if I robbed a bank last year and haven't yet been caught, I'm off the hook because we're only going to look forward. I couldn't believe it when he said it and I don't believe it now. What a load of crap.

Accountability is the foundation that justice is built upon and when we lose site of accountability, we end up with a very distorted system of justice that is quite one sided to say the least.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO
This is why I don't begrudge the First Nation people for trying to get everything they can get.
Imagine the psychological trauma this would have on YOUR family if they had experienced this for many generations?
There is a lot of alcoholism and domestic abuse on the reserves but slowly it is getting better as they gain their dignity, spirituality and self-respect back.
They must break the cycle but I think it will take several more generations to heal.

We throw a ton of money at the First Nations but the government does not get the fact that they are doing it wrong. It doesn't require more dough...it requires money to be more wisely spent. Health care, education and good leadership along with an appreciation for the right to their culture will affect change.

I might add that I am not surprised that Steve is balking. He and his neocon/theocon bunch of thugs are changing what it means to be Canadian. How can you expect anything else from a national leader who believes the world is 6000 years old, and man walked with dinosaurs? Ain't no room for 'Indians' in his universe.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Agreed. This has nothing to do with money. This has to do with basic respect for the native culture and leaders. Racism is alive and well and hopefully white people will become more enlightened.

I grew up near one of the 28 mass grave sites. I used to hear the drums beating at night when pow-wows were going on -- very beautiful.

I knew nothing about this before today. Very haunting now that I think back. Those children were so completely powerless.

BTW - I don't agree with the left/right thinking you're talking about. McGuinty is a bigger corporate crook than Harper.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Gamma MO because: addition

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

BTW - I don't agree with the left/right thinking you're talking about. McGuinty is a bigger corporate crook than Harper.

As a nation, we used to be honest brokers and peacemakers. We are now pursuing an aggressive ideology that also leaves non-whites in the dust. Israel gets a free pass, no questions asked, aid to Africa being cut, and a stupid war in A-stan, just as a few examples.
Provincially, we have new standards and guidelines that demand consultation with indigenous peoples in the archaeological process. It may be a bit of apples and oranges, but I see the province doing more outside of the white hierarchy than the feds.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Perhaps, but to characterize all people who don't go along with the left as you did is simply not true. Seek truth.

Both sides are made up of elitists who are self-serving bastards. The left has alot of hypocritical, corporate-driven, fake environmentalists who exploit the naive trust of the people. It's all a sham.

Canada is not what it used to be. G20, as an example. People had better start waking up and see that we can't leave our well-being to either the Cons or the Libs. We need to demand better.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Perhaps, but to characterize all people who don't go along with the left as you did is simply not true. Seek truth.

Both sides are made up of elitists who are self-serving bastards. The left has alot of hypocritical, corporate-driven, fake environmentalists who exploit the naive trust of the people. It's all a sham.

Canada is not what it used to be. G20, as an example. People had better start waking up and see that we can't leave our well-being to either the Cons or the Libs. We need to demand better.

Yes, and not to demean the electorate, it is the Government of Steve I refer to...which is showing no apparent interest in the issue at hand.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For those wondering about this and wanting more info here's some links to what its about.

Unrepentant
This documentary will blow your minds. A must see!

Hidden From History-The Canadian Holocaust
Good info here even if some views presented get a little extreme.

The info in these links will shock you if you have never heard of this before.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
One more tidbit I just had to add for all to see.

The term “Final Solution” was not coined by the Nazis, but by Indian Affairs Superintendent Duncan Campbell Scott in April of 1910 when he referred to how he envisioned the “Indian Problem” in Canada being resolved. Scott was describing planned murder when he came up with the expression, since he first used it in response to a concern raised by a west coast Indian Agent about the high level of deaths in the coastal residential schools. On April 12, 1910, Scott wrote,

“It is readily acknowledged that Indian children lose their natural resistance to illness by habitating so closely in these schools, and that they die at a much higher rate than in their villages. But this alone does not justify a change in the policy of this Department, which is geared towards the final solution of our Indian Problem.” (Department of Indian Affairs Superintendent D.C. Scott to B.C. Indian Agent-General Major D. McKay, DIA Archives, RG 10 series).

Source

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Thanks for the links, I'm going to check them out now. These atrocities are inexcusable and should not overlooked or ignored. I had never heard of the Canadian Holocaust prior to stumbling on this article and you're right, it just blows my mind to think that it actually happened and that no one is being held accountable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join