It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Grave Sites Across Canada to be Surveyed by International Tribunal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Mass Grave Sites Across Canada to be Surveyed by International Tribunal

beforeitsnews.com

The five-nation Executive of the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS) today authorized the commencement of an immediate investigation into alleged mass graves of children at former Indian residential schools across Canada.

ITCCS forensic assessment teams and investigators will arrive in Canada tomorrow to lead this inquiry in conjunction with local aboriginal elders.

The ITCCS action has been sparked by the refusal of Canadian Prime Minister Steven Harper to respond to two letters from the ITCCS Executive asking that his government investigate the graves and com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
itccs.org

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not sure if this news site qualifies for "Breaking News" so if I have this in the wrong forum I hope the mods will reposition it accordingly.

I don't know anything about this "Canadian Genocide" as it's being called but this really sounds serious. I just stumbled across this story and I thought I'd post it and see if anyone else knew what was going on up there.

From what I've read, it appears that both, Prime Minister Harper and the Pope may end up being incriminated, at least to some degree, in these atrocities.

Can any of our Canadian ATSers enlighten us as to what's going on? This sounds to me like it may turn out to be something really big, quite possibly even bigger than the sexual abuse scandals that have plagued the catholic church for the past 20+ years.

Looks like there may be some additional information here; www.hiddenfromhistory.org... I'm checking it out now.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-2-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Being Canadian and surrounded by no less than 5 different tribes, this has never come up.
In the old days they used to attack each other often enough to cause deaths, but never to a great extent . This has not happened in many years and tribal wars cannot be accounted. As to schools, when Europeans arrived , they brought along a lot of diseases that were not natural to this land. I am certain that some deaths were not accounted for as 100+ years ago life was not like it is now.Maybe we should look at the war atrocities of this century. That is an accounting to be looked at because war is much more atrocious.
This not is not to excuse wrongdoings, but to point out where they should really look and why.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It was horrible that the people were forced into these schools. What was even worse...was that my government just threw money at them to get them to shut up...all people had to do was prove they went to a school and they got a payout. I know of some families that would make a claim for a disabled relative and then take their money away from them and spend it.

The Canadian gov't keeps throwing money at our problems instead of trying to rehabilitate these people.

edit: and no...no one has EVER brought this up before...you would think if massive amounts of people were missing there would be some investigation...if not by the RCMP than by the Indians.

edit on 24-2-2011 by superman2012 because: adding

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow, I need to look into this further. I was mortified by the link you supplied. I am familiar with a great many of Catholic and other "Christian" churches nefarious actions, but I have never even heard of this...I can't believe this was 1944 and only coming to light now. Thanks, back to your link.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sounds similar to various US-vs-Native American "events" that went on way back when.

Interesting. I had never heard of this. Then again, being from the US, we don't generally pay much attention to news from the "northern territories" (that like to call themselves "Canada") .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They are all spirits now.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'm watching the video I found on hiddenfromhistory right now. It's almost 2 hrs. long and so far it's unbelievable. On top of "usual" accusations of pedophilia associated with the church, they're also talking about murdering these children and burying them in mass graves. Apparently these people have been crying out for justice for quite some time, only to be ignored by TPTB in Canada. WOW!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Canada was a haven compared to what went on in the US, where you could quite accurately describe the National policy as 'genocidal'. I'd be very surprised if this turned out to be anything as sinister.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The residency schools treated natives horibley back years ago when they operated (till the 50's or 60's). The idea was that if they forced the kids of natives to live at these schools they would beat them for speaking there own language and force them to dress western and speak english (or french) usually they where affiliated with either the catholic or anglican churchs in the area. The living conditions where bad and sometimes the punishments crossed the line into trully horrific. Lots of kids got sick from disieases in the schools (crowded bunk rooms, poor sanitation and insufficient heat in winter)

The grandfather of my neighbour went to one; two years ago the gov't settled with the survivors and their decendants. The payout was like 10k per year you where forced to go, plus x for certain punishments (like steralization) you recieved. If you had passed on then your children or next of kin all split the money owed to you.

Sometimes the children died from the punishements or sickness and where burried in the schools graveyard. No one knows how many people are burried in them. Some of the people who are pushing for the excavations are also pushing for genetic testing of all those burried and all those around the area to figure out who's the decendants of the deceased's siblings so that they can then be eligible to apply for funds. As an example the native band I live beside had 600 or so members back in the 50's and now has about 10,000. So I can see the gov't point in that there would be millions of people who would need to be genetically tested to figure out who was eligible for a share of any future settlement for loss of life.

It was a horrific thing that happened but digging them up for a buck is just as bad. Some native groups are also pushing for war crimes against those who did it (all are dead now) and against the pope since some churchs where catholic and against harper as the current prime minister.

list of the know mass school graves
www.nativevillage.org...

This is mostly in the news total because it was set to co-incide with the new book tour by Kevin Annett starting today for his new book about these crimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

yeah, yeah. Don't forget, too, please, it happened all over the US on a much larger scale. OK.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you have a link to the video?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I'm having a hard time finding a direct link but you can watch it by clicking on it in this link; www.hiddenfromhistory.org...

The video is about halfway down on the right side of the page where it says; "Full Length Film On Google Video." Sorry but at this time, that's the best I can do.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Shocking,but true,religions are allways preferring to protect by secrecy because it destabilizes the status quo if it becomes widespread knowledge.Now in order to have secrets you need fear,if fear does`nt work then ,you have force,this is the constants of history and it all comes down to control.This is a sad sorrowfueled event of history that cannot be replayed and stopped,just as what hitler did .To be silent is to do nothing,hitler was`nt silent,so that is`nt true.
Canada is a beautiful country,it obviously has its problems,just as europe and america.In europe a growing consencise is multiculturism has failed.Well that was what hitler adopted as a stance and look what happened, everyone wishes to go back in time.I don`t want to visit the ideologies of the past,and anything less is not good for us all.Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the Canadian history lesson, I needed it. It sounds a whole lot like what our own government did to the American Indians in the early days, from forcing them into the white man's schools to giving them blankets infected with smallpox. What a disgrace. Also, thanks for the link regarding known grave sites, I'm checking it out now.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is it really a tribunal if you just form it and declare yourself one? That's what they did then they got some sponsors at the UN to back them up.

Actually almost all of the evidence that these graves even exist is third hand or worse. Someone told someone that over heard that someone told someon else that bodies where burried there. Also most of the stories have come through Kevin Annett an ex-minister with the anglican church. If you goto the official press release from him on his findings (which the IHRTGC has recently cropped out some of his accusations) he claims the kids where killed in snuff films (even though most of the deaths happened before films) and that it's tied into MKULTRA and other conspiracy buzz words.

Here are some of his claims
censored-news.blogspot.com...
canadiangenocide.nativeweb.org...
www.turning-point.ca.../22148

This site has his press release how they used the kids in MKULTRA experiments and burried inside the walls of mcgill university.
narcosphere.narconews.com...

About his new book deal and the tour starting today.
www.hiddenfromhistory.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

I'm not condemning "Canada" in any way. It doesn't matter to me where it happened, it only matters that it did happen and the people responsible for it should be brought to justice whenever possible and those who have been harmed should be made whole.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Thanks for the Canadian history lesson, I needed it. It sounds a whole lot like what our own government did to the American Indians in the early days, from forcing them into the white man's schools to giving them blankets infected with smallpox. What a disgrace. Also, thanks for the link regarding known grave sites, I'm checking it out now.

No problem, it was something that we did to the natives and for which those responsible will burn in hell for. I think it's a very serious issue and I think it needs to be addressed, but I think Kevin Annett is destroying the credibility of the issue by tieing it to so many fringe conspiracy theories. In the end a lot of people will ignore the issue of school deaths (which I suspect was from poor food, living conditions etc and disease rather than some group of genocidal murderers) because of the other theories. I have talked to some of my native friends and neighbours about the school issue and heard some of the stories of the conditions and it's bad enough I won't go into details in this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by chocise

I'm not condemning "Canada" in any way. It doesn't matter to me where it happened, it only matters that it did happen and the people responsible for it should be brought to justice whenever possible and those who have been harmed should be made whole.

As if that would ever happen. I think you're concealing your own hidden agenda here, in that you really just want to blame the church, but I'd wager these deaths are accountable to smallpox.

It is important to note, however, that these epidemics were just some of the causes of population decline during European contact. Intermarriage, slavery, wars, massacres, political disruption, economic changes, malnutrition, destruction of traditional subsistence patterns, and alcoholism also changed the composition of many Native American groups, whether they favored the changes or fought them. Eventually, these changes caused substantial depopulation and cultural change. This Native American depopulation occurred during the contact period, causing the Native American population size to decline from 18 million before European contact to an estimated 530,000 by 1900.

This paper looks at social implications of the smallpox epidemics because this disease may have contributed significantly to Native American population decline...

www.earlyamerica.com...

It also looks like your Kevin D Annet has a similar hatchet when it comes to casting blame.

While it might be very popular to attack the church I do not believe you can blame missionaries or the like, who helped with vaccinations, for any so-called 'genocidal acts'. Canada had, and still has a much better record than the US, Australia & Spain, and you will never be able to 'bring the people responsible to justice'.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Believe it or not, I agree with your assessment in that those responsible will not be brought to justice primarily because of the fact that most of them are probably pushing up daisies as we speak. But I did notice in the video that some of these atrocities allegedly took place in the 40's & 50's, long after the "contact period" you speak of, in which case some of those responsible may still be living. With regards to America's history and it's despicable treatment of the native american indian, I agree it's much worse than that of Canada. No argument here.

With regards to my having an ax to grind against the church, I guess that in some respects you are correct. Although, I have to state, so as not to be misunderstood, that my ax grinding is against all "Organized" religion and not against any one in particular. I personally believe that organized religion is nothing more than a divisive tool utilized to keep the masses focused on their differences rather than their similarities. I am a very spiritual person but I have no use for organized religion whatsoever. There it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join