It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange loses out against extraditon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Senior District Judge Howard Riddle has found against him on each of the principal arguments against his extradition. This now means he has to appeal to an Administrative court, and perhaps a further appeal to the Supreme court against extradition.

www.bbc.co.uk...

On the other hand, the judge may actually be buying time for Assange, since he had some concerns over the issue of the warrant.
"On a more technical point, Judge Riddle also found the Swedish Prosecutor Marianne Ny was a "judicial authority with the function of issuing arrest warrants". Her status as an authorised prosecutor had been questioned."

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I did think that Assange's take on the validity of the Swedish prosecutor was a tenuous one but I would hope that the judge allows appeal before the extradition can occur.

I believe that the rest of the case warrants further consideration and that Assange is in real danger of being "forwarded" to the US if the extradition is enacted.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Already posted here ...
ATS Breaking Alt News Thread

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yes,
But the point I'm making is, has the judge, in saying "found" to be an issuer of warrants, he has left open criticism of prosecutor Ny, who specializes in sex crimes, and is controversial, this is a second-hand quote of hers from chief prosecutor Eva Finné who was the person that had said Assange was no longer wanted for rape,

"[Ny] decided to overrule Finné’s decision and reopen the case of suspected rape. Like Borgström Ny is a feminist. She is known to have said that when a woman alleges she has been a victim of assault by a man, it is a good idea to have the man detained, because it is not until he is arrested that the woman has time to think of her life in peace and realize how she has been treated. According to Ny the detention has a good effect as protection for the woman ”even in cases where the perpetrator is prosecuted but not found guilty”

Granted that story comes from WL news,

wlcentral.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Already posted here ...
ATS Breaking Alt News Thread

Thanks, for the link I did search using varying titles, I'll leave it up to the PTB

top topics

join