It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do people follow laws or rules in general???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As others said it is more the consequence than the law itself. Simply if there was no law against shooting people, I could shoot you if I felt like it. Of course you could shoot me back and there you have it, anarchy. What good is it to live in chaos? I follow rules and laws partly because I was raised a Christian so murder, etc. is out of the question and I can't stand cheaters, theives, and the like. (School is almost depressing for me) I don't want to go to jail of course
. Plus I am an organization freak so I like rules

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
people as a society have been conditioned to follow the laws and rules over the ages...

laws / rules were made consequences were given for breaking those laws so therefore the majority of the people decided to follow them and stay out of trouble.

I think the author of this thread might be trying to ask, what in our "minds" or "hearts" makes us follow the rules ?

I don't know that I can even take a guess at that one... for myself, growing up, I was affraid of my dad, I knew that if I broke the rules or got into trouble that I would have to answer to him.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
people as a society have been conditioned to follow the laws and rules over the ages...

laws / rules were made consequences were given for breaking those laws so therefore the majority of the people decided to follow them and stay out of trouble.

I think the author of this thread might be trying to ask, what in our "minds" or "hearts" makes us follow the rules ?

I don't know that I can even take a guess at that one... for myself, growing up, I was affraid of my dad, I knew that if I broke the rules or got into trouble that I would have to answer to him.

i am asking that...

good example: afraid to answer to parents...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I dont really do something because someone says i have to because its the law, i just do what i think is right/best. But that right/wrong has been influence in the society i was born so,the right and wrong in the law would have left impressions on it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join