It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Layoffs Begin—With Senate Majority Leader's Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
And, in the next move of Walker's little chess game, the 1500 layoffs he promised if the MIA legislators didn't return have begun.

As the standoff between Wisconsin Democrats and Republicans over controversial legislation stripping public unions of collective bargaining rights continues, teachers are beginning to receive preliminary layoff notices, including the wife of state senate majority leader Scott Fitzergald (R).
Source

She may be a Democrat. *Shrugs
edit on 2/24/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
pff publicity stunt to make it look ok and that even political peoples families are affected by the situation. Course she is loaded probably a retarded sub and her husband is probably wealthier now then prior to easily compensate for her loss job. That and she was probably wanting to retire anyways.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That'll teach em'!... wait.

By the way Lysergic, Fail for sourcing the Huffington Post.

Star and Flag, but also a hypothetical -1 star.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I guess no one can accuse the govenor of bias in his lay offs.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Here. Maybe this will get me back to zero.
I only posted this for the irony.

wtaq.com...

And by the way, she's a a counselor.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

She may be a democrat! No excuse for not reading the very short (for a change) OP!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Okay, looks like you're off the hook this time, but don't let it happen again, 'pal.'

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Here. Maybe this will get me back to zero.
I only posted this for the irony.

wtaq.com...

And by the way, she's a a counselor.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

S & F Lucidity.

This is nuts.

That freak-tard governor starts with a projected budget surplus, screws the state through mis-management and ill-advised tax cuts and spending, then holds the government employees responsible to correct it.

The unions agree to all the cuts.

But that's not enough - mr dipstick governor wants to end collective bargaining, which is the crux of this manufactured "crisis"

He oughta be b*tch slapped.

EDIT: I can't think of ANY governor who has gotten his state so hosed up in so short a time!

edit on 24-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

No no no—it's not the governor! It's those MIA democratic legislators who are to blame. This is all their fault!

Did you hear he wanted to not pay them electronically/direct deposit but instead cut real checks and either make them collect their checks in person or lock them in their drawers at the capitol to get them to show up? Lunacy.

(I know, I know they should be at work blah blah...this is just to show how creative they're getting! www.nytimes.com...)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

S & F Lucidity.

This is nuts.

That "freak-tard" governor starts with a projected budget surplus,

"mr dipstick governor" wants to end collective bargaining, which is the crux of this manufactured "crisis"

He "oughta be b*tch slapped."

edit on 24-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

Proof of how tolerant and understanding liberals are. When you start disagreeing with them they start calling you names and threatening violence. Public employees and their unions have been eating at the public table for far too long. There is no way to justify the benefits these people are receiving, especially with the state of our education these days. Whether or not there is a budget problem this needs to happen anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

As if they don't provide a service for their money.

Please. Not this again.

It needs to happen? What, the lay offs? Sure, we've cut just about everything else from schools, why not counselors and librarians.and teachers now too? Hell just close all the schools, right? And stop the school taxes? Don't need firefighters either—just grab your own hose. And if you have a car wreck? Who needs that pesky cop poking around and EMS showing up to help. Just wait for a private ambulance and call your own wrecker. How low can we go?

How much money could we save if we just suspended all the state legislatures for 2 or 4 years? I know we could do without them all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

And, in the next move of Walker's little chess game, the 1500 layoffs he promised if the MIA legislators didn't return have begun.

As the standoff between Wisconsin Democrats and Republicans over controversial legislation stripping public unions of collective bargaining rights continues, teachers are beginning to receive preliminary layoff notices, including the wife of state senate majority leader Scott Fitzergald (R).
Source

She may be a Democrat. *Shrugs

it's a "sympathy" move!

next, He will announce that He's "doing my part in these troubled times" or words to that effect!!!

or "we all have to sacrifice for the common good".

it's an old trick.....

and if/when She retires, WHAT will Her pension be????

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by mydarkpassenger

There WA no surplus. There was no big spending.

There was no tax cuts.

Get your facts straights.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

No no no—it's not the governor! It's those MIA democratic legislators who are to blame. This is all their fault!

Did you hear he wanted to not pay them electronically/direct deposit but instead cut real checks and either make them collect their checks in person or lock them in their drawers at the capitol to get them to show up? Lunacy.

(I know, I know they should be at work blah blah...this is just to show how creative they're getting! www.nytimes.com...)

I agree. The whole Madison thing is a circus.

Been thinking about how all this will affect the future, and what I see doesn't look good.

I see this - whoever the ruling party is at the time - when it looks like it might be a close vote, suddenly the state troopers show up to put enough people to make a quorum into "protective custody" to "protect them" from some obscure threat supposedly made against them - but really it's to keep them from running away.

Sounds way too much like a police state to me. Let's not go there ...
edit on 2/24/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Tough times..
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This article explains that under the Obama "stimulus" plan states loose funding if they target unions. But.. it's not extortion .. and it's not run like a mafia, so ignore those similarities.

I have to say, with this entire fiasco that's going on in Wisconsin and Indiana it's really incredibly pathetic of Democrats to do this.. demonize the bill all you want, bring in the protest, try and negotiate.. but running away and making a spectacle out of it?

Embarrassing..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
He's basically said what the Governator said in California "we need to pay more / cut back / raise taxes or we will face massive layoffs" and when they refused, he followed through.

People hated Arnold for raping the system with cutbacks after they refused to raise taxes to pay for it all, and now Walker is getting the same treatment.

When are people going to realize that a Government funded job just isn't a secure place to be anymore, and never should have been?

Wait until the Federal Government starts making changes to Medicare and Social Security to save money, you'll see the same sort of response.

It's exactly the same as what has happened in Greece, Portugal etc when Government cutbacks etc were announced for Government funded programs and positions.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So now that the bill has passed (see here), are these layoffs off the table?

I guess we'll see.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe the layoff notices are for state employees that are not teachers, the teachers layoffs are handled separately.

I still think Walker needs to run for President.

top topics

join