It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks and exposes Westboro charlatans Baptist Church internal infrastructure during live c

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

So another hacker hacked West Boro then posted up Anonymous' slogan and stuff?

I'm confused here. Is Anonymous not just an anonymous gang of hackers. Therefore couldn't anyone just say they were a member and do what they like?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Maybe you should go and hump something so you can lightin' up, you know?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Apparently there were two hacks, I wasn't aware of that at first. I only heard of Jester DDoS their websites.

I guess later Anon put up a message on one of their pages.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I laughed so hard it brought a tear to my eye. Yeah, it may be immature, but people have to appreciate the way they orchestrated the attack. Even the interviewer couldn't stop from smiling at it.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

me too. I don't care if the group anonymous did it or not. If i could figure out how to hack their site and make a fool of these people I would. I couldn't agree with the letter that was wrote more. this is so funny, and i hope whoever is doing this continues to mess with these people. wbc are just gross.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by katfish
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I am curious if the member of Anonymous was really a member or someone Anon asked to work on this job.

You know very little about us if thats what you think.

Second line.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Expunged because: 1 sentence reply.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anon took down Gaddafi's personal webpage. Now whether they forced LunarPages to take it down via their letter or whether they took it down themselves is still unknown. Whatever though, doesn't seem like they're hurting anyone to me...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Whom ever hacked and exposed the Idiots at the Westboro Cult. Congradulations to them. Owned for real

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Says in the #ing interview man. Watch it before you speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I detest hackers but I detest Westboro more. This is just the best!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hahaha, brilliant!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Have these Anonymous folks got any better targets than West Boro or Scientology?

If they are talented hackers IMO there are people who deserve to be attacked much more than these two lame organisations. I have only recently heard of them so I am not fully aware of their antics.

Is your house located under a rock? The Scientology thing was done years ago! (and probably not even done by the same people)

HBGary was an amazing success. It aired, and is continuing to air the dirty laundry of Bank of America, themselves, and a few other 'security' firms. That whole saga was great, I don't think a fiction writer could've come up with better.

They took down many webpages in support of Wikileaks as well.

They even voiced their support of the Egyptian people to the US Gov before the riots & protests started.

Just to name a couple.. and we'll be hearing from them a lot more in the next year too.

MBF

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just wonder if they could post all those idiots names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses so everybody could send them a little not or call and express their feelings about them.
They deserve way more than they got.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2011 by intrepid because: Personal information removed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why is Annon not going after the stuff that brings down goverments more aggressively?
There are many intelligence services as well as other agencies which have been keeping secret files on citizens, witholding information, and generally screwing with little peoples heads for a long while.
If Annon would care to up its credibility with me, theyll have to come up with mpre pertinent hacks than WBC.(whom i have heard very little about.
They could hack into the Swedish goverments illegal mind implantations that have been ongoing for decades....they could hack into several agencies which deal with UFO reality, they could do so much to bring free energy technology to the people by publishing any secret plans for energy devices they dig up etc.....
It all seems so petty somehow what they are playing at.....
Like thay are not entirely serious or mature enough to carry on the fight on our behalf.....
Annon could be such a perfect thorn in TPTB sides of they desired.aaaawww PFFFT!

link   
I thought Anon was about exposing deception and justice and all that light jazz, not about attacking people. Standing up for everyones freedom, especially speech. Yet here they go attacking a group who exercises that right? Hypocritical. Anon, and nobody else should be dictating moral standards. Yet as always, anyone who gains power starts to trip on it. I'm not surprised Anon is starting to become intoxicated with it.
edit on 24-2-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I spent a few days within the lower echelon of Anonymous workings... Never got the slightest feeling that their was a puppet master behind the 1000's of seemingly independent people just pissed off at whats been going on in the world. As the "hacks" become better coordinated I have to wonder if maybe their is more to Anonymous than the 1000's who are Anonymous.

Regardless, I would like to thank them for their WBC hack, this made my day!

Kudos to you and all of them, whoever they may be! This is a bright spot in a lot of darker news today. To say they had it coming is a huge understatement...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Why is Annon not going after the stuff that brings down goverments more aggressively?
There are many intelligence services as well as other agencies which have been keeping secret files on citizens, witholding information, and generally screwing with little peoples heads for a long while.
If Annon would care to up its credibility with me, theyll have to come up with mpre pertinent hacks than WBC.(whom i have heard very little about.
They could hack into the Swedish goverments illegal mind implantations that have been ongoing for decades....they could hack into several agencies which deal with UFO reality, they could do so much to bring free energy technology to the people by publishing any secret plans for energy devices they dig up etc.....
It all seems so petty somehow what they are playing at.....
Like thay are not entirely serious or mature enough to carry on the fight on our behalf.....
Annon could be such a perfect thorn in TPTB sides of they desired.aaaawww PFFFT!

They, do, they helped support egypt, etc.

They only repsonded to to WBC because they were being attacked. They said they didn't want a war with them.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expunged
Ask and you shall receive.

That's both funny and disturbing that you had that right at hand.
Hope you're not hosting that yourself, I wouldn't want you to get sued.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator

Originally posted by Expunged
Ask and you shall receive.

That's both funny and disturbing that you had that right at hand.
Hope you're not hosting that yourself, I wouldn't want you to get sued.

No, I am not hosting it.

But you raise an issue that posed a bit of a "conundrum", so to speak. The founding family of WBC makes their living by suing people - they are many things, one of them being very capable litigators. When WBC first antagonized Anon it was decided that it would be best to leave them alone, please forgive the meme, but to leave them alone as it was a trap.

It was to be a potential goldmine for this group of people - they were goading the collective that is Anon into attacking them as a means to harvest the IP addresses and file suit against the individuals involved - this was clear from the beginning. This is the very reason that HBGary earned the wrath of Anon - they were attempting to sell false information and flawed training doctrines to the FBI - and profit.

Also, for the record here are some facts:

Anon has no leader.

Anon is not a hacker - he is your banker, your doctor, your cashier, your lawyer, a college student, a father, a sister.

Anon is not American, Russian, Japanese, Chinese. Anonymous is people attempting to be humanistic when society fails.

'Anonymous' Hackers Help Iranian Activists Fight The Regime

edit on 24-2-2011 by Expunged because: Typo's

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join