It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Discovery Final Launch ~NOW~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't know, seems to be a very curious time to be ending space exploration. First we had WISE and now this.
Was the timing for the end of these two missions, calculated? Is there something (Tyche aka Nibiru) getting closer and perhaps they'll have an excuse (more so, the unwillingness) to report about it?

We've been in space for 50 years and now suddenly they're telling us we might have a 10th Planet (which the Sumerians wrote about and the Mayans possibly predicted about) but yet, missions are coming to a close?

This is either a very serendipitous Murphy's Law situation or.....a calculated plan. I propose the latter!

Cape Canaveral, FL, United States (AHN) - NASA says all signs point to a "go" for the final launch of the space shuttle Discovery on Thursday afternoon. Engineers continue to perform pre-flight operations and say the shuttle is ready for its last voyage. Nature has also cooperated with the astronauts, with experts saying there is only a 20 percent chance that foul weather could scrub the launch.

Engineers will begin fueling Discovery at 7:45 am ET, ahead of its 4:50 pm scheduled launch. "Everything is on track and going beautifully with the countdown," NASA mission management team chair Mike Moses said. "We're really looking forward to a very action-packed, successful mission and everything is on track."

"As we're powering up (the systems) we're seeing no problems at all," NASA shuttle launch director Mike Leinbach added.

Discovery will make its final trip into space as it heads to the International Space Station (ISS) on Thursday, bringing a crew rotation and vital laboratory modules to the habitat. As NASA retires its space shuttle fleet, Discovery will take into orbit a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module (MPLM) nicknamed "Leonardo." Previously, MPLMs would rotate in an out of the ISS, but during STS-133, the Discovery crew will help permanently attach Leonardo to the station, where it will continue to serve as a storage facility for spare parts and waste.

Discovery will also transport an ExPRESS Logistics Carrier (ELC) for installation onboard the ISS. The module provides power to experiments and helps transmit data to the ISS.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I don't know, seems to be a very curious time to be ending space exploration. First we had WISE and now this.

That's right. You don't know. I don't see space exploration ending.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
AWesome!! Thanks for posting that it was happening now! I caught it just in time to watch it with my 5 year old son.. he thought it was so cool!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Human_Alien

That's right. You don't know. I don't see space exploration ending.
www.nasa.gov...

Thanks Phage

NASA and government are always on the up and up. My bad!
Everything we're told is the truth and nothing but the truth so help us GOLD. Er, I mean, god!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

of course you think there is something sinister here................. altho if you had done any kind of fact finding you would relise it's all about money.when the funding runs out the missions stop.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
At about mission elapsed time 4:00 after solid booster separation, several pieces of insulation broke loose and struck the tiles. Don't know if anyone else saw that. Two small pieces and one large. Be weird if they had to repair tiles on the last flight.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
AWesome!! Thanks for posting that it was happening now! I caught it just in time to watch it with my 5 year old son.. he thought it was so cool!!

Very cool. I can imagine how exciting this could be to the innocent ones. Glad you shared this with him!
I am about 100+ miles south and was hoping to see it but, nope! Hope all goes well with the crew on board!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

of course you think there is something sinister here................. altho if you had done any kind of fact finding you would relise it's all about money.when the funding runs out the missions stop.

Greed and sinister-ism go hand in hand, no?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by billxam
At about mission elapsed time 4:00 after solid booster separation, several pieces of insulation broke loose and struck the tiles. Don't know if anyone else saw that. Two small pieces and one large. Be weird if they had to repair tiles on the last flight.

I didn't see that. Hope no problems ensue!
edit on 24-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

One more comment about your comment. Money? What money? Are you at all here in the present? There is NO money.

It's pretend funding for pretend money!

What a joke.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I saw several pieces fly off too.They didn't look like foam though. Square shaped and flipping down. Ill have to look at it again. The talking heads on the news show saw none of it of course. Seemed pretty obvious to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that it was going on. I didn`t know and my sister said it was going on after reading your post.

I did get to see a faint trail since I was a few minutes late getting out there but I sure like the night time launches better. S&F

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

?

Haven't they had to repair tiles and almost every mission since the Columbia disaster?

I have read some outrageous conspiracy theories about the shuttle progamme. But, it is a passing part of history, and I am still amazed every time I see them take off.

I don't think the USA will give up on space that easily, and if the NWO get their way, then we will see an awful lot of International Space Exploration. When we accept this International Space Exploration, they will then start to introduce additional Internationally based efforts, such as International Armed Forces or World Banks, oops, that one already exists.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Yep i saw that too. I am surprised that News Networks missed it. I believe that within next 1-2 hours NASA will come up with a clarification but not the answer.

If there is any body with science launch background then please come forward the primary concern is is the heat shield intact or damaged?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Shoot! I just missed it but at 5:23

What the hell just went past or through the Shuttle just now? I screen grabbed it too late!!!!

Oh, I just heard they are docking at the ISS tomorrow. How interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

Watching it on NASA TV - saw the same thing - just after SRB SEP the view from the external tank camera showed a large object bounce down between the body of the shuttle and the external tank.

Im watching the reruns now to see if i can grab a pic

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Managed to capture what looks like 3 pieces of something.

Ill try and post it here - but ill also put it up on FB

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here you go ....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
DO you ever look at the boards or do you just want tons of flags and stars.

Kiwifoot posted about the launch this morning. You couldn't add to her thread? Had to make your own.

I like your posts and threads but you should really look at the boards before you post sometimes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2/24/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join