It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know many people in med. field around Pgh,Pa and h1n1 is getting aggressive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok ATS I have taken the swine flu -bird flu -seasonal flu cocktail in sept. I have been doing pretty well smh as of now. The thing is I know people in the medical profession who work in some of the Pgh, hospitals. For 1 swine flu is coming down pretty hard. Some people are dying and one medical worker I know said in her hospital 7 people have died, and its not been shared from or with the media. SO ALL BE SAFE MAKE YOUR DECISIONS. But its hitting pgh a little more aggressive this year. Anyone from same or other cities share data. I will try and locate more...
BE SAFE

edit on 2/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Also yes I took the shot but that was my WILL my body, so dont do what I do, do what you feel is safe for your families. As I would be upset to have any follow me and get their shots and then get ill or worst. So this is just a heads up to watch the colds some of the children may contract. My 6 year old son and his mother were really ill my son seems to have kicked it his mother not doing the best. My son didnt take the vaccs. but his mom did in Oct. last year. Again I have taken it as well as my 13 yr old daughter, and we seem cool so far. So just alerting many of potential issues. All three of us took different vaccs.

I am going to be away for a while so feel free to share if any other communities are dealing with this yet.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
7 deaths from a flu virus is not a high number.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Yes this is one worker I know in one hospital and she said they died of swine flu.
thank you

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Yes this is one worker I know in one hospital and she said they died of swine flu.
thank you

Again, not a high number, at all. Thousands of people die each year from the flu. 7 deaths is not staggering, and without any further details on the patients, doesnt even compel me to take a second look.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That is fine. I felt it was something to add since its comming down here pretty bad. Again I know multiple sources within multiple hospitals this source I just spoke to yesterday. I am trying to find the local news data because they have been covering it more here. So you can get better feel.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That is fine. I felt it was something to add since its comming down here pretty bad. Again I know multiple sources within multiple hospitals this source I just spoke to yesterday. I am trying to find the local news data because they have been covering it more here. So you can get better feel.

More info would be great, however, I highly doubt that this is anything to be alarmed about. h1n1 has had a very low mortality rate, comparatively, and there is no indication that it will change.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Flu cases are on the rise in Pennsylvania, according to the state health department’s most recent report.

As of the week ending Feb. 12, there were 1,898 flu cases reported, up from the previous week’s tally of 1,632. Flu activity is statewide, but the department noted “significant increases were reported in the southwestern regions.”

Of 45 flu specimens sent to the state lab for testing, 60 percent were the H1N1 virus, according to the department’s website. Five deaths statewide were attributed to flu complications during the same reporting period, including one child.

“We’ve been putting shots in arms all week,” Adobato said. “It’s a hell of a wake-up call.”

This year’s flu vaccine protects against three strains of the flu virus, including H1N1, said Holli Senior, spokeswoman with the state health department. She said plenty of vaccine is still available.

“Flu season is not over,” Senior said. “In January, February and March, we see a large number of flu cases.”

This year, the health department is recommending the shots to everyone, not just the elderly or those with compromised immune systems. One reason for the change, Senior said, is the fact younger people have been found to be susceptible to the H1N1 virus.

investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am a medical transcriptionist and I type reports 40 hours a week. Granted, the hospitals/offices I type for are in the same general vicinity for the most part (which I won't say where do to confidentiality agreements), but in the past several months I have not typed a single report either originating from an emergency room nor a doctor's office where a patient had flu-like symptoms. Take that as you will!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Flu cases are on the rise in Pennsylvania, according to the state health department’s most recent report.

As of the week ending Feb. 12, there were 1,898 flu cases reported, up from the previous week’s tally of 1,632. Flu activity is statewide, but the department noted “significant increases were reported in the southwestern regions.”

Of 45 flu specimens sent to the state lab for testing, 60 percent were the H1N1 virus, according to the department’s website. Five deaths statewide were attributed to flu complications during the same reporting period, including one child.

200 more cases is a blip on the radar.

And it makes perfect sense that more people would have it in a specific area, as they are passing it through proximity.

again, h1n1 is actually a relatively weak virus. If it took over as the main flu virus around, we would all be far better off.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Thank you for the input to this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

“We’ve been putting shots in arms all week,” Adobato said. “It’s a hell of a wake-up call.”

This year’s flu vaccine protects against three strains of the flu virus, including H1N1, said Holli Senior, spokeswoman with the state health department. She said plenty of vaccine is still available.

“Flu season is not over,” Senior said. “In January, February and March, we see a large number of flu cases.”

This year, the health department is recommending the shots to everyone, not just the elderly or those with compromised immune systems. One reason for the change, Senior said, is the fact younger people have been found to be susceptible to the H1N1 virus.

1)Of course they are encouraging the shot. They do it every year. If anyone can show me any data that actually proves a flu shot helps anything, I would love to see it.

2)This time of year is always a flu season. Nothing new.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Summary

Influenza activity was on the increase in Pennsylvania during week 7

(week ending February 19, 2011). Below is a summary of week 7 flu activity:

Influenza (flu) activity continued to be categorized as WIDESPREAD during week 07. An increasing number of influenza cases continue to be reported in all counties of the state.
1, 898 flu cases were reported, up from 1, 632 cases reported the previous week. While all regions of the state reported increased flu activity, significant increases were reported in the southwestern regions.
19 Influenza outbreaks in long-term care facilities (LTCFs) were reported during week 7, up from 17 outbreaks reported the previous week. Ninety five (95) outbreaks have been reported since the begining of October 2010.
Emergency Department (ED) were elevated throughout the state during week 7.
4.5% of all outpatient Visits to doctors reported by sentinel physicians were for flu-like illnesses (IILI), which is nearly double the state baseline (2.4%).
Nearly 70% of all specimens tested for influenza at the state lab were positive. Specimens tested at the state lab are mostly from people with influenza-like illness(ILI). This high positivity suggests that most people presenting with ILI at this time have the flu.
Influenza type A continues to account for a majority (90%) of flu cases reported with flu type B causing the other 10%.
Of the 45 influenza specimens sutyped at the state lab during week 7, a majority, (27/60%) were the 2009 A/H1N1, 13(29%) were the seasonal A/H3N2, 2 (4%) were untyped influenza type A and 3 (7%) were influenza type B. There has been an increase in 2009 A/H1N1 flu cases during the last three weeks, and it appears to be mostly affecting people under 30 years of age.
In addition to seasonal viruses, two unrelated infections with a swine origin influenza A/H3N2 virus have been identified in Pennsylvania with onset dates in September 2010 and October 2010. In recent years this virus has also produced human illness elsewhere in the country, generally in association with direct contact with ill pigs. It has not been associated with person-to-person transmission. Clinicians should remain alert to the possibility of infection with this virus in persons with influenza-like illness who have a history of recent exposure to swine populations, and collect appropriate diagnostic specimens.
189 influenza hospitalizations were reported, most of them involving the elderly (>65 years) and young adults (25-49 years of age).
Five flu deaths were reported during week 7, altogether 39 flu deaths have been reported since October of 2010 including 4 deaths in children (65 years of age). Less than 30 flu deaths have are reported by February during most flu seasons (except last year when the pandemic A/H1N1 circulated). These deaths may be an underestimate of all flu-related deaths because not all deaths are reported to the state and there may be delays in reporting some deaths.
Influenza activity is likely to continue increasing over the next few weeks, and the recent deaths show us that severe and fatal illness can occur in health people through the season.
Most of the recent influenza hospitalizatons and deaths are in people who have no recent history of influenza vaccination.
www.portal.state.pa.us...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

From your source:

Five flu deaths were reported during week 7, altogether 39 flu deaths have been reported since October of 2010 including 4 deaths in children

39 deaths from the flu in 5 months? That number is pretty darn low.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ok D--I ---A I see what you are trying to do. May god be with your soul.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

ok D--I ---A I see what you are trying to do. May god be with your soul.

Excuse me? what am I trying to do?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I can verify that in my area hospital several people have died in the last few weeks to H1N1 strain that the vaccine is evidently useless against. The hospital staff is on edge. One of the dead was Husband of a nurse there.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Since I left the military where I had to get it, I haven't had it in over 10 years since I left. Every time I get a shot to prevent something I get it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I live in a small community and work in a small country store so I come in contact with alot of people daily. If I were to "guess-ti-mate" I would say that 30 percent of my community is down with the flu at one stage or another. My husband and I are both sick.
But what is really frightening is that I know personally of 5 people in the hospital with pneumonia and 2 of them are in ICU. All 5 people are in their 20's and 30's, normally active and healthy. Originally they all had " just the flu"

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am not buying this for one second, here in Ontario they spent over 30 million dollars in the past two years on advertising for the flu alone!

Last year was a flop here for flu and this year its almost March and not one death in this area due to the flu.

I should clarify that we live in South Western Ontario here.

They tried playing the "You are sure to die" card here again this January in the papers and on the radio.

Then Lo and behold a survey appears in the local paper here that says only 60% of health care workers here took the jab.......I wonder how many that refused were nurses and doctors? I bet the bulk of the takers were office staff and were afraid of rocking the big and mighty pharma boat.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join