It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Google Bot Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is not a paranoid post, only an interesting one I thought I would share. After I posted a thread today, I attempted to revisit it to see other's responses, etc. For whatever reason, I was having trouble accessing ATS, however, I received one of those notes from Google, stating that they had a cached copy of it.

My post was at 2:52 PM EST. The cached Google page is at 19:56:53 GST (which is 2:56:53 EST)

I am not super website/SEO savvy, however, I do know that it takes time for the Google spider bots to crawl through the web to index information. I know ATS is a very popular site and may tend to get indexed quickly, however, in this case, it was within 5 minutes! Seems super fast to me, especially for a page deep within a site.

So, do you think that Google has ATS in it sites for real time monitoring? I think it would be safe to say that that is true. However, if you are into web/SEO, maybe you have a better understanding.

edit on 24-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

So I must assume you ar using Google Chrome flavored browser?

I've never received that in IE or Safari.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Close. I am using Chromium, the open source variant. If I do anything I think is really questionable, I use FF. Since I am using Linux, I don't have the luxury of using IE.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'd say you are miles ahed of me. Nothing special about IE, I'm no fan. Just too lazy to try something different and I have tons of folders / bookmarks etc. ( I suppose I could export them though) Open source rules! I suppose I'm not sure how you came across your bot love issue then.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, it just sort of popped up and I noticed the time stamp. Nothing really crazy. I guess it just means my post is now indexed in the Googleplex and is now accessible by everyone in the world - which is okay by me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You may enjoy this: 11 great hidden things google can do that you should know

My thread about it awhile back
edit on 24-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That's helpful. I knew about the simple math, but not the rest. Makes you wonder what else you could do ... like if the google employees have inside jokes.

new topics

top topics

join