It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Penalty is Always Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
over in the thread, Am I the only one ashamed to be American?, there are many replies to the effect of, "if you dont like it, then GET OUT!"

to those of you who say this, i would like to remind you that this is not really an option....at least not in the way you mean it. sure, i suppose that you could expatriate. but this amounts to merely changing your nationality. what about those of us who shirk the notion of authority altogether? can i elect to be a member of none of the above?

i dont recall ever being given the choice whether or not i want to be an american. it is my default status. and it is, IMO, precisely because of this assumed "default status" that allows for the abuses of assumed power which are spiraling out of control in our present day.

YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE.

the fellow at the website "no state" has done the unthinkable by relinquishing his american national status. apparently it costs $500 to file the paperwork, and a slog through several sessions with state officers cautioning you "NNNOOOOOO....you MUST not do such a thing." in their most spooky and ominous tone. all in all, i would say that this fellow, who is officially under the jurisdiction of no nation-state, is doing quite well. his reasoning for doing so follows:

The Penalty is Always Death

To be sure, the State is mostly careful to not exercise the penalty too often. The system of compulsion and coercion, backed by the ultimate tool of death, is one which States have learned functions much better when the sword is cloaked in layers of misdirection and abstraction.

The simple — and perhaps more honest — compulsion of the local tyrant demanding of his subjects, “Do it thus, or I shall kill you,” has been replaced with a long chain of escalation beginning with paper things like demands for compliance and citations, leading through more forceful papers such as summonses and warrants, but ultimately grounded upon the power of that barely-concealed blade.
nostate dot com

i applaud this brave soul. IMO, if we were allowed the basic right of electing our own national status, we would see a whole new world of freedoms open up to us that we have not dreamed possible.

i long for the day when i can CHOOSE to be an american.....rather than being one by default.

what would such a world be like?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We should all relinquish our national identities and take up a global one. We are born of the EARTH more specifically than countries, we are all of the same planet. Nationality just creates more division amongst us...

Nutopia

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

haha....that is a pretty cool site.

i agree with your position. if people were given the choice, i believe that time would see the idea of The State fade into obsolescence.

but such a notion has undertones of the "NWO conspiracy" and.....

....this thread is NOT about the NWO!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
adios

2nd

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
confirmation, yet again, that the only way to carry on a conversation on ATS anymore is to focus on CONTROVERSY.

a couple weeks ago, people were all overwrought about the effects of "outrage speech" in the MSM.

but it is now clear to me: an ATSer's (and the modern information consumer's) only desire is to piss all over other people's ideas in self-righteous outrage. if you cannot serve that most basic need then you are wasting your time authoring a thread. there will be no discussion of the merits of ideas.

i fear that ATS has now, after all these years, finally gotten the best of me...

or perhaps: our spoon-fed media and technology has gotten the best of all of us...

or maybe its just a bad spell that is persisting longer than usual...

whatever the case: ATS may now wallow in its muck. i am done with thee.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Above Top Secret, love it or leave it!

This too will pass, my friend. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by tgidkp

Above Top Secret, love it or leave it!

This too will pass, my friend. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait.

Hey jean, I love your posts and insight, but I have to ask...do you really believe waiting is more effective than organizing under a banner of authentic liberty?

In regards to the article, indeed, death is always the result of non-compliance. If you resist giving up you're "contraband" you will be shot. If you refuse to pay property taxes and defend your home that is bought and paid for, you will be shot. I think a multitude of such situations, brought together and initiated in concert by a group of well educated and prepared citizens in close proximity to one another would do a lot to stifle the system. What would occur if a neighbor defended another from a tax collector or eviction enforcer/peace officer? What if people refused to give up their illegal substances together as a group of armed and independent citizens? Is that highly illegal? Sure, but so was much of the civil rights movement.
edit on 24-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Hey jean, I love your posts and insight, but I have to ask...do you really believe waiting is more effective than organizing under a banner of authentic liberty?

They are not mutually exclusive. The first American Revolutionary era began around 1763, which was more than a decade away from the actual revolution itself. It was not a matter of spontaneous combustion, it was a matter of a steady heat until it reached a boiling point. As the old saying goes; "A watched pot never boils"

By all means organize under a banner of authentic liberty, it is a moral duty, but do not let impatience derail the movement.

top topics

join