It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Blogger Sued For Copying Photo From Website - WGHP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BenAcel

Case 1:11-cv-00211-JLK

This will more than likely be thrown out. Why? There is no "copyright" protection extended for taking a photo depicting any public official, law enforcement personnel or civil servant performing their normal routine dutys. That photo is just that. Findlaw does not have many good things on that Righthaven Firm. Just another diversified law firm that found a niche to operate in. Their original filing is for criminal law and malpractice.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's just not true. Whatever or whoever is in a photo has nothing to do with copyright.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BenAcel

The copyright laws are getting out of control thats how i see it.

The guy had every right to post what he wants for his blog afterall we have our freedom and our rights, they cant sue a simple person, whose just running an blog i may add if i may what blog was he running on?
edit on 24-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by BenAcel

The guy had every right to post what he wants for his blog afterall we have our freedom and our rights...

Within law. Fair use that is. Also he cannot violate paternal or moral rights to images. Photographers have rights too

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Is the fact that he is autistic relevant? He seems high fuctioning if he is keeping up a blog. Everyone has their "quirks". I just hate when people have to label everyone.

Well call me old school but I was taught NEVER prey on
Women, Children, and Handicaps, it is just bad ethics...
edit on 24-2-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

Call me new school but I was taught to treat the handicapped as equals. Which means if they do something they get held accountable for it.

In no way do i support this lawsuit, I think it's ridiculous and should be thrown out. But I don't feel any different about the case because he is autistic.

I thought for a lawsuit to be made there had to be damages? How is there any damages? Did the guy make 150 grand from advertising on his blog? Is 150 grand what they would have charged him to use the picture? Just seems outrageous.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That sum is absolutely ridicilous. That's why I have the feeling this is just a scam veiled with copyright law. They send out these ridicilous claims to hundreds if not thousands of people. If few decide to settle out of court they make profit. They should be shut down. Common practice around here is if someone uses copyrighted image I can bill them maximum of 4 times of what I would've charged for legal use.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by BenAcel

The guy had every right to post what he wants for his blog afterall we have our freedom and our rights...

Within law. Fair use that is. Also he cannot violate paternal or moral rights to images. Photographers have rights too

Well Craig Walker told me in a email that he doesn't even own or have any rights to any photos he took himself. Isn't that sad?

Hes a corporate cow working for the lawsuit factories and corporate factory farms.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ben- it's not my lawsuit and I dont own the photographs. Sorry

This is what he said to me whenever I accused him of bullying this autistic person.

So Craig F. Walker is a corporate slave and has no copyright rights. What a total surprise!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

yes it is all some sort of scam. Read my reply with the quote of what Craig Walker said to me. What a total shame that he has no rights to photos he took himself. He should get another job if hes tired of people being abused by the court system over a photo that he took.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BenAcel

Just because he presses the shutter doesn't mean he owns the copyright. There is multiple issues that factor into that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join