It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LCP Holster Rec.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The other day I picked up a LCP and so far I am pleased with it. Now, I need a holster for it, does anyone have any firsthand recommendations for a good concealment holster? TIA

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well it all depends on what type of holster you want, inside pant,outside pant,boot,back or shoulder. There all alot of holster styles for your weapon.Holsters

I usually get all mine off of Ebay alot cheaper but thats just me..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Congrats on your purchase. Holster recommendations are tricky.

My situation is I rarely wear clothes with belt loops, holsters are a challenge. Also, I'm a constant carry guy so comfort is all important - I use a "belly band" or a "shoulder holster Tee". Works with just about anything from gym shorts to overalls.

The other 20% of the time it's an IWB holster for me (leather seems most comfortable). You might find a pocket holster for an LCP if you live in a cold region and have lots of "outerwear". Hope this helps.

ganjoa
edit on 24-2-2011 by ganjoa because: spelling and spacing

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Oklastatefan

Thanks.
I suppose I should have provided a little more info, I think I would prefer an outside or inside the belt style.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a TCP and it's virtually identical dimensionally and weight wise to the LCP.

I have a High Noon Pocket Grabber that I carry it in daily. Jeans, slacks, cargos, whatever. Very comfortable and draws free every time. www.highnoonholsters.com...

If you like pocket carry I'd recommend it. I have a couple of cheaper pocket holsters one no-name and a couple from Blackhawk and they suck. They come out with the pistol all the time and are bulky.

Should add I also have an IWB Bare Asset from High Noon as well for some larger auto's I carry. It's the most comfortable IWB I have. For reference I'm over six feet tall and built like a skeleton. Carrys and conceals super easy. Just an untucked t-shirt and shorts on a hot day.
edit on 24-2-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have a LCP too and am very pleased with it.
It does take some time at the range to get any accuracy at all with it though.
In cool seasons I use an inside jacket pocket.
Warmer weather use a waistband.

I'll be interested to see what other choices pop up.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That's the Ruger LCP right? An Uncle Mikes pocket holster (I think a number 2, too lazy to look) is an excellent in the pocket holster.

The LCP is based on the KelTec P3AT, which I own. I love my Uncle Mikes holster, and its cheap, like ten bucks. Gun and holster together "print" like a wallet. The UM holster is really well designed.

EDIT: The LCP is one pretty little gun. You got a keeper there brother.
edit on 24-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Add

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks all, I will keep your recommendations in mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Thanks all, I will keep your recommendations in mind.

I wish there was a good way to find the "right" holster. Unfortunately, I now have a drawer full of holsters for various pistols that I thought or hoped would be the right ones. It always takes trying it out to find out if it's right, and by then you've bought it - er ... purchased it.
edit on 2/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Me too. Takes a lot of trying to get the right one, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Get a Nemesis pocket holster. Perfect for the LCP.

top topics

join