It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Punches Bart Sibrel for calling moon landing fake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

For all those generation x, y, and z fools who think the moon landing was a fake, I submit the following:

1. I saw it happen live on TV at the age of 6. This was when America was great and not overrun with young fools and crusading foreigners.

2. WE DID NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY BACK THEN TO FAKE THE MOON LANDING!!!!!!! Look at the sci-fi movies of the era. There was no CGI then!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
After watching the video all I can say is Go Buzz, it doesn't matter if you tell someone their story is a lie, you can't call them a liar and a thief to their face, thats not only rude its ignorant and deserves a slap.
And IF the guy doesn't believe in the moon landings why doesn't he go find Neil Armstrong and say the same thing? Or at least ask "DID you go to the moon?" in a civilised manner instead being a buffoon.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigun_9
reply to post by gpena

For all those generation x, y, and z fools who think the moon landing was a fake, I submit the following:

1. I saw it happen live on TV at the age of 6. This was when America was great and not overrun with young fools and crusading foreigners.

2. WE DID NOT HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY BACK THEN TO FAKE THE MOON LANDING!!!!!!! Look at the sci-fi movies of the era. There was no CGI then!!!!!

You didn't need CGI back then all you needed was a large enough set and some crappy cameras to show dodgy pictures

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigun_9
reply to post by gpena

Kubrick's 2001 was made before the moon landing happened, we certainly did have the technology to fake it. I'm not sure where I stand on it, but your "evidence" doesn't hold water.

We had the technology to send a manned capsule round-trip to the moon and back and we couldn't fake some grainy black and white footage?
edit on 25-2-2011 by Hawking because: Misspelled Kubrick

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Violence starts when the brain stops.

I thought you Americans believed in freedom of speech?

You could call me anything you like, they're just words and if Buzz had nothing to hide here I'm sure that guy's words would have just rolled off his back like the water off a ducks back?

There are lots of anomolies in the moon footage to cast some real doubt on the whole moonlanding story for anyone with an open mind and not coming from an "American pide" attitude- For example, why is there no dust on the lunar modules landing legs, Where is the thrusters imprint on the luner surface...the list of unanswerable but obvious questions could go on and on...

With all that being said, it was a good hook.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong only ever did 1 (ONE) press interview EVER after he claimed to have walked on the moon. Thats right folks - the one man ever to walk the planet walked on the moon and he didn't want to talk about it afterwards. Amazing. What was he hiding I wonder..? Sounds a bit like Bush and Rumsfeld actually. They dont want to talk about 9/11 either..

edit on 25-2-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So what? He was obviously having a domestic dispute. He is human after all.

Some years ago I broke the aerial on my ex-g/f's car because she pissed me off big time. Does that mean I have no integrity?

But then your response is typical of most of if not all of your responses to threads on ATS. You attack the character not the facts which frankly does nothing for your credibility which in my opinion is zero..

edit on 25-2-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Years old.

Frankly, although the guy is being a royal pain in the butt, Buzz should have been brought up on charges of assault for hitting him as he did.

Assault is assault.

Freedom of speech is either a good idea or it's bad idea.

If you agree freedom of speech is a good idea and wish to preserve it's principles, *You* cannot make judgements on what you think a citizen can and cannot say to another citizen.

Buzz had other options, and he chose not to use them, instead he *chose* to assault the guy.

That choice should have been punished.

How many of you 'whoo hoo...hit him again Buzz' types, would feel the same way if Buzz had punched your mother or father or daughter / son in the face, because they told him they considered him to be a liar and dishonest about his exploits? I wouldn't be.

Buzz committed a crime...get that? A *CRIME*...not petty theft, or not paying a parking ticket, but a violent assault on a citizen. Regardless of whether the guy was an irritating little prick or not, is not important...Buzz could have chosen to walk away, ignore him, turned the tables intellectually, made a joke of it, went inside, called a cop for defamation of character..in fact, there were many choices that he ignored in favour of the choice to commit assault.

He's a criminal...just hasn't been prosecuted for it.

And yeah, while the guy went about it the wrong way, and i would have been mad at him myself, i would not have committed a violent assault on someone for expressing their deeply held beliefs to me, whether those beliefs were right or wrong in my opinion...he had a right to make those points, and i would have had a right to ignore or ridicules them in return, just like Buzz did.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its these over the top reactions which actually fuel more doubt. If you know its true and you've got nothing to prove, there hardly needs to be a reaction.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I cannot believe that so many on here condone violence. These same people also seem to think it is their duty to decide what people can and cannot do, telling someone they cannot get in someones face and call them out to what they honestly believe, especially when it pertains to the hundreds of millions of people in the US. I do not care how many battles the man fought in or what his supposed accomplishments were/are, if you lie to the american public like this Bart guy believes, and has a good reason to, IMO, you are a liar and a coward. It also sheds a lot of light on the moon landing to see him react in this way. Such a shame that todays american icons act in such ways.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
All of the claims of the people who think its a hoax can be proven false. Study up if you don't think so. If you still can't believe it, that's fine as it was pretty "far out". (pun intended) Though you must wonder why on Earth would they spend billions of dollars on over sized bottle rockets and billions more on 10 years of labor and research and cover ups to make a few movies that this wack job could scrutinize. Not to mention those the lives that were lost. Was it just to stick their tongues out at the russians?.....to not let Kennedy eat his words?.....just for fun?....Sure all would probably be important but it seems rather excessive to me.
To those that think it was so terrible that Buzz popped that sucker in his sucker I just don't understand. I mean, even though it would be hard for me to ignore the "liar, thief, and coward" along with disrespecting my greatest achievement,(the greatest achievement of man in Buzz's case) I understand taken out of context it could have been very wrong to hit that poor sap. But no, he did not say calmly, "Excuse me sir, I believe you are a liar, thief, and coward. You did not go to the moon. Care to comment?" He approached him aggressively with a very violent tone getting in his face and making challenging comments. I believe any real man would have punched him on pure instinct. Also, I bet it would be a pretty easy self-defense case if ever taken to court.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I don't know how educated you are but I advise you to get some info about moon and the troubles for traveling to moon. I advise you to do it yourself.

some traces are :

moon has no atmosphere so the flag should not be moving ?

crossing ' van allen belt ' is impossible.

moon is bombard by asteroids rapidly (because it has no atmosphere)

and one tough question : if moon traveling was possible 40 years ago then why they don't repeat it ?

i used to think the moon landings were fake after seeing a documentary,like the flag flying and no dust or debris beaing blown outwards as the pod was landing,then yrs later i realised we did go there seen that the moon was already occupied and so u have the airbrushing of pics n vids,so yeah we went there was warned of and thats why weve not been bk

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by molecularstranding
I cannot believe that so many on here condone violence. These same people also seem to think it is their duty to decide what people can and cannot do, telling someone they cannot get in someones face and call them out to what they honestly believe, especially when it pertains to the hundreds of millions of people in the US. I do not care how many battles the man fought in or what his supposed accomplishments were/are, if you lie to the american public like this Bart guy believes, and has a good reason to, IMO, you are a liar and a coward. It also sheds a lot of light on the moon landing to see him react in this way. Such a shame that todays american icons act in such ways.

How does someone fly in 66 combat missions and go into space a coward. Imo this is why Buzz punched him you don't call old school military cowards and just walk away from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

it is not oscilating upside-down it is oscilating right and left and as the flag has some mass if should be falling because of gravity of the moon.

Firts of all, there was a rod along the top edge of the flag to keep it upright, because, as you point out, it would have been drooping due to the gravity on the Moon. The rod can be seen clearly in this picture:

Vibrations/oscillations of the pole will translate to the flag and cause the flag to move in all directions, especially considering that the top edge is being held steady by the rod. Plus, because of the low gravity and no air resistance on the Moon, you would expect the dampening of those oscillations to look "odd', which they did.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
...Frankly, although the guy is being a royal pain in the butt, Buzz should have been brought up on charges of assault for hitting him as he did.

Assault is assault.

Bart Sibrel would have to press charges, which he didn't.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The context of the film is hard to discern. Where was he and what was he doing? For the benefit of those who are not American and are unfamiliar with what few remaining freedoms we enjoy I will explain why I think he acted well within his rights. We have the right to pursue happiness. “Buzz” Is no longer a public employee; he is a private citizen, as such he is entitled to go about his life unfettered. This man violated his space and received (what I thought was an over hand right) a punch in the mug for it, so what? I fear for the human race if they think for a moment that it is permissible to get into another private citizens face and make any wild accusation they please, this not freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is in place to assure a free press and open debate (among other things), not to allow a supposed journalist to pester you anywhere and at any time they choose. Those with any degree of common sense would know if you are inside of another’s space IE: their strike zone and you are behaving in any manner other than being a convivial host, you are responsible for what happens to you. I am amazed how time and time again people are appalled when the snake bites the hand that feeds it.

As to the moon landings, I thought the Myth Busters did a very good piece on it and satisfied the majority of the questions the deniers have brought up. As I tell the wife, sometimes you have to read an entire book to find two sentences of truth. You may have to read 10 books to get one paragraph of truth but that paragraph may be from six different chapters. I believe much of what we think we know is nothing more than disinformation. I therefore conclude there is greater truth to be known and only in time will that truth be revealed. There were tests, only small minds would not have taken the tests to an operational level.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
In this place where anonymous internet accusations and real life 'in your face' accusations have come together for a brief moment in time, the vast difference of possible results are obvious.

One cannot escape the hazards of inexplicable reaction when the safety of the blogosphere is left behind and actual personal real life confrontation is attempted.

People can muse about the legality of that fist in the face, but that is all after the fact, isn't it? Can Buzz affort to fight it in court? Likely.

Way to go, Buzz.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I don't know how educated you are but I advise you to get some info about moon and the troubles for traveling to moon. I advise you to do it yourself.

some traces are :

moon has no atmosphere so the flag should not be moving ?

crossing ' van allen belt ' is impossible.

moon is bombard by asteroids rapidly (because it has no atmosphere)

and one tough question : if moon traveling was possible 40 years ago then why they don't repeat it ?
Just because you choose to be stupid doesn't mean everyone else has to be. Go google it or get an education if you're wanting to know more. Deny ignorance.

That or you can hunt Buzz down and get a fist in the face.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Its these over the top reactions which actually fuel more doubt. If you know its true and you've got nothing to prove, there hardly needs to be a reaction.
Might work on paper but not in life.

I think he just got annoyed. Wouldn't you? Doesn't have to be a conspiracy to explain it.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gpena

I have never seen or heard of that video. Thanks for the thread. Buzz sure did give that guy what he deserved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join