It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Punches Bart Sibrel for calling moon landing fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I don't know how educated you are but I advise you to get some info about moon and the troubles for traveling to moon. I advise you to do it yourself.

some traces are :

moon has no atmosphere so the flag should not be moving ?
crossing ' van allen belt ' is impossible

moon is bombard by asteroids rapidly (because it has no atmosphere

and one tough question : if moon traveling was possible 40 years ago then why they don't repeat it ?

moon has no atmosphere so the flag should not be moving ?--------The lunar surface is grainular and tough to poke the flag into. So, they have to rock the pole back and forth shoving it down into the ground. Watching on the TV, this back and forth motion makes the flag swing back and forth like it is waving.

crossing ' van allen belt ' is impossible.--your right,thats why theyve made it there and back fine. How do you think they made it back? ITS BEEN DONE.

moon is bombard by asteroids rapidly (because it has no atmosphere)--Doesnt mean they will get bombarded by them,its not constant enough to be a worry for them.

and one tough question : if moon traveling was possible 40 years ago then why they don't repeat it ?----Simple,no reason to go back. Or if you believe in the theory we have been told NOT to by the residents currently up there.
edit on 24-2-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Just to elaborate...

Crossing the Van Allen Belt - Yes, a big concern at the time of the Apollo launch. Not so much now. The general concensus is that the astronauts aboard the spacecraft passed through the Van Allen Belt so quickly that they did not receive a detrimental dose of radiation.

Also, one must take into consideration the protection methods used. How much radiation is filtered out by the spacecraft itself? (All low flux particles would be filtered out.) How much radiation is filtered by the spacecraft itself and the spacesuits?

I really don't feel like getting into this lengthy discussion about the Van Allen Belt, but trust me, or better yet, find out for yourself. It is not at all impossible to traverse through it. Relavent materials can be found in the 1999 "Review of Particle Properties", specifically the sections on "Radioactivity and radiation protection", "Passage of particles through matter", and "atomic and nuclear properties of materials".

www-pdg.lbl.gov...
edit on 24-2-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: link

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh man!!! That video just made my day!!

Git 'em Buzz!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

When liars are exposed, sometimes they get violent!

Or when the ignorance line is crossed a punch is deserved.

That guy was a jerk and deserved it.

Go Buzz! That was awesome!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

BUZZ ALDRIN = SCUM JUST LIKE NASA!

They never got close to the moon and they know it!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I want any conspiracy theorist to make a video showing that it is possible to reproduce the moon landing. Everything about the moon landing is correct. Even the dust particles that fall to the ground after the module takes off are correct.

It's pretty simple. The dust falls quite quickly on the moon simply because there is no atmosphere to hold it up. To fabricate this, the 1960's reproduction team would have had to make a vacuum within a studio. Even then, I think it would still fall much faster than in the actual lunar video.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Or when the ignorance line is crossed a punch is deserved.

That guy was a jerk and deserved it.

Go Buzz! That was awesome!
It seems like Sibrel was actually trying to provoke a response...to get some footage.

He succeeded.

If it ever did get to trial I would think at least 11 of 12 jurors would think the guy had it coming.

We teach our kids that violence isn't the answer and it never solves anything, which is a good thing to teach.

But in this example, a good punch seems appropriate, because he was really, really asking for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
moon has no atmosphere so the flag should not be moving ?

The flag moved because the flag pole was oscillating (due to the astronauts moving the pole).

crossing ' van allen belt ' is impossible.

Crossing the Van Allen Belt IS IN FACT possible. The astronauts passed through the Van Allen Belt relatively quickly. Dr. Van Allen himself said that the Apollo astronaut's exposure time was not long enough to cause too much bodily harm.

moon is bombard by asteroids rapidly (because it has no atmosphere)

Meteors do impact the Moon very occasionally, but it's not like it's raining large meteors on the Moon.

and one tough question : if moon traveling was possible 40 years ago then why they don't repeat it ?

Money.
NASA's budget was over twice as much (correcting for inflation) during the height of the Apollo program than it is now. And back then, a large portion of NASA's budget went toward Apollo. Today, NASA's budget is much more spread out among many different programs.

The Space shuttle program funding began around the time Apollo funding ended. The shuttle program and planetary exploration probes (Voyager, Viking, the Mars rovers, Galileo, Cassini, etc.) have not left much money in NASA's budget to do anything else.

So, basically, they haven't had enough money to go back to the Moon.

edit on 2/24/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
...We teach our kids that violence isn't the answer and it never solves anything, which is a good thing to teach.

But in this example, a good punch seems appropriate, because he was really, really asking for it.

Right.

Plus, people seem to forget that the early astronauts were not timid choir boys. Many of them were a rowdy and strong-minded group of guys. They were people who liked to live fast and hard, which is what was required, because many of them were military test pilots.

Buzz, in particular, seemed more "old school" than the other Apollo astronauts, and always seemed to be a particularly rambunctious sort of guy (i.e., not one to shy away from things).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by gpena

BUZZ ALDRIN = SCUM JUST LIKE NASA!

They never got close to the moon and they know it!

FINALLY...

A voice of reason in this thread!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Starred and Flagged!!!

GOOD FOR BUZZ!!!!

Yeah, call a combat veteran a coward. Not a real good idea that, even if he is 80 years old (Buzz was born in 1930) as that punk found out.

Stinking punk SOB. Never heard of that guy before, but I hope he gets run over by a trash truck: it would appropo.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

AMEN. That sucker was asking for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

For cripes sake!!!

This happened in 2002!

(Sibrel is an idiot, BTW):

news.bbc.co.uk...

....witnesses came forward to say that Mr Sibrel had aggressively poked Mr Aldrin with the Bible before he was punched.

Did I say that Sibrel is a moron??

en.wikipedia.org...

In July 2009, Sibrel, who also works as a Nashville cab driver, was charged with vandalism when he jumped up and down on the hood of a car owned by a woman with whom he was having a parking dispute.

"Nuff said. The imbecile had is "fifteen minutes" back in 2001-2002. Time for him to go.

edit on 24 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

it is not oscilating upside-down it is oscilating right and left and as the flag has some mass if should be falling because of gravity of the moon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Haha S+F,that was awesome,call a man a coward to his face,what did that guy expect!

Ditto. I totally agree.
Call Buzz "A liar and a coward", you get what you deserve!

PS: The Cock Puncher should be sent after that guy!

edit on 2011-2-24 by EnhancedInterrogator because: fixed url.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yo Buzz! Maybe we need to turn him loose on that Arkansas Cult-church thingie. lol. Can't think of the name of it -- the "God hates you" people.

Imagine how frustrating it would be though. Like having watched planes fly into the towers on 911, then having someone tell you "there were no planes".

Even though I don't approve of any violence, one may easily consider this a lovely moment in our American history.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That's a mean punch.

The thing is. If this idiot had maybe approached the old man respectfully and maybe arranged an interview or discussion he may have garnered a lot more information.

Sadly the guy was an idiot and walked away with a fist full of astronaut.

Incidentally, a guilty man would probably not have punched the jerk, whereas a wounded man with a hurt pride or whatever would. I dare you to say the same to a war vet and say 'hey you didn't serve in the war, you're a liar!' , i'm pretty sure you'd get a similar response.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

....and maybe arranged an interview....

That's just it! You should research the full story.

Anecdotally, from my memory, this is what went down:

Bart Sibrel's "assistant" contacted Buzz Aldrin under false circumstances....for an "interview". Ostensibly, Buzz thought it was about a book he had just had published, and was going around the country promoting. He went into the interview with that impression.

Then, Sibrel ambushed him, with a clip from his (Sibrel's) appallingly bad "mock"-umentary, with some claim of "fakery" while onboard the CSM. (Typical of the vile filth that constitutes his "film").

Buzz, seeing the set-up, got up an left.....the weasel Sibrel followed him out, pestering him as already mentioned. Buzz's teenage granddaughter was with him, BTW....so, not only did he have this jerk in his face, but he felt protective of her, as well.....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So, we can land 2 robots on Mars and have them work amazingly well for much much longer than thought possible. These are accepted facts. Why would they waste time and resources on landing a man on the moon when they are already on Mars. probably doing a better job than a human would?

It happened.....and half a century ago.

No one has done it other than us. We went multiple times. Im sure theres stuff that goes down there that we dont know about.

We are busy discovering gigantic new planets in our solar system.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They went to the moon...
...but something happened they don't want to talk about (except Buzz)...
...but the body language and the silence about the 'something' makes them look suspicious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join