It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Austerity Measures Lead to Violent Riots in Greece

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

it was about time don't you think?
the satanic /reptilian CRIMINALS MUST DIE!
Behedead if possible!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The video works fine in ROMANIA

for those who whant to download the video you can get it from here :

www.2shared.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The motto of this site is displayed when you post.
DENY IGNORANCE.

Yet this thread is full of ignorant people.

It is getting really frustrating having to explain to people what is really going on, and point out the sensationalism and at times out right lies and purposeful confusion of the masses by the mass media.

You people are on the biggest conspiracy website on the Internet.
Are you that dense that you have a complete lack of understanding of how the media is used to manipulate public perceptions and create a false image?

Are you unaware of the term called sensationalism?

Riots?
Things are heating up?

What garbage is this from the original poster?

Heating up? LOL yeh, maybe it seems that way to ignorant people who rely on mass mainstream media for their general knowledge on the world.

Get off your lazy asses and do some basic simple research.
It may be difficult at first, you know having to actually find information and expand your general knowledge on your own without someone(THE MEDIA) doing it for you(and telling you what they want you to hear), but in the end you will be thankful you got off your lazy ass and did something good for your self.

LOL @ infowars as a source for this. While it may not be "mainstream mass media", it's just as bad because it's full of sh**.
It's amazing how people will cling to something because it's telling them what they want to hear.

Geez, I'm not even going to bother pointing out the obvious retarded flaws in the second thread in as many days.

edit on 25-2-2011 by BLV12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Exactly. These protests in Greece are nothing like the protests in the ME. It is basically people who have a cushy life provided by the Government getting pissy because they've finally run out of money. Greece has been that way for years and now it's time to pay the bill. Add on top of that the blatant lies they spouted when joining the Euro is precisely why they needed a bailout and why the Euro has weakened.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't even know why some people visit this forum when all they do is complain about the manner in which some members exhibit some enthusiasm about the information they share. Find a place somewhere else that suits.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Exactly. These protests in Greece are nothing like the protests in the ME. It is basically people who have a cushy life provided by the Government getting pissy because they've finally run out of money. Greece has been that way for years and now it's time to pay the bill. Add on top of that the blatant lies they spouted when joining the Euro is precisely why they needed a bailout and why the Euro has weakened.

That's partly true, but not entirely true.

The majority of people who are protesting peacefully, are average people who did nothing wrong, they didn't lie, they didn't cheat. Hard working honest people.
The minority, ie the wealthy, the political elite, are the ones to blame.
But the burden of their crimes is not falling on them, but on the average person. That is what the protests are about. Those who are responsible, are not being punished are not facing justice and are getting away with their crimes.

And if you think this is something as simple as a few governments and their wealthy backers lying and cheating for self gain, think again.

Who lied? You make the assumption that the European Union was not aware.
They were very much aware, that's why Greece, among other countries which were not ready to join, were allowed to join. Some of the big EU economies even fudged their paperwork.

It seems you are from the UK. Well if you were German, I could tell you to stop complaining because Euro interest rates were for years kept artificially low, way below what they should have been, in order to prop up the German economy. This was also done to get governments in countries like Greece borrowing ridiculous amounts.
Then you have the hysteria about security during Athens 2004, which forced the government to spend an unprecedented 1 billion dollars on security. Completely unnecessary because Greece never was a target for Islamic terrorists, and local radical left wing groups were under control and in jail.

You have to get all the pieces of the puzzle and start putting the puzzle together. The pieces fit, it's just a matter of recognizing the puzzle and it's pieces.

Then when it comes to corruption, who isn't corrupt in the EU?
I can tell you the Germans are just as bad as Greek politicians.
The whole EU is one big corrupt brothel.
Bribes totaling hundreds of millions, and that's the stuff the mass media has reported. Don't be surprised when it's revealed bribes totaling in the billions overall one day.

What this is about is privatization, the "new world order', etc etc etc. And by new world order I do not mean some crazy out there conspiracy theory, but the new order in which we live in today. Thing's have changed, this is a new order we live in, in other words.
How is it obvious that this is what it is about?
Because the Greek government did not need a bailout. Anybody who believes that, is refusing to open their eyes.
What the government COULD have done, is freeze wages for public servants, fix the pension system, raise the retirement age, implement reforms to combat tax evasion, actually start cracking down on tax evaders especially some corporations. And on top of that, they could have begun reforming the economy and legislation to make it a more business and investment friendly environment. Once that was done, there would be more private sector jobs as there would be more investment from abroad in the country, and then they would be able to begin reducing the size of the public sector which is huge, and people would have more job opportunities.

If they went down this path instead, sure there would have been more pain that was more severe, but in the mid to long term the country would have been better off then it ever has been. What has happened now is they have sold out to the IMF. They've created a bigger debt that will take longer to pay back, state assets will be sold off to the lowest bidder(ie some mega multi national corporations). But on the plus side, the necessary reforms I mention above are being implemented. But is it worth losing state assets and creating a bigger debt and paying even more interest to the same mega rich bastards who lent money in the first place to create the initial massive debt? I don't think so.

These are things they could have done, and should be doing. Some of those things they are doing already, but slowly.

Another reason why we know this is about the 'new world order', is because the IMF has wasted no time in suggesting the government begin selling off assets.

HOW IS SELLING ASSETS GOING TO FIX THE ECONOMY, HOW IS IT GOING TO FIX THE DEFICIT?
It's not!!

But all of the above things I mentioned that could have been done, will fix the economy, will fix the deficit.

These politicians, like in your country, are not working for the benefit of you or other citizens. They are working to a global agenda, where the corporate elite and mega rich are continuing to consolidate their holdings and power.

The Greek economy before joining the EU and EuroZone, while it was not a stellar performer, it also did not have the massive deficit it does today, nor did it have the gigantic debt.
All these things are courtesy of the European Union and Euro currency.
Do you think it's a coincidence that since Greece joined such "prestigious" institutions, that it's economy has gone from one disaster to the next?

THIS is what people are protesting about.

I often read Americans complaining about their president or senators committing acts of treason.
Boy, if they had politicians like those in Greece. You want to talk about treason? What the Greek government has done is treason of the worst kind.
What they have been doing for decades is treason.
Are people aware of the natural mineral wealth of Greece? 99.9% of people are not.
There is vast amounts of oil, gas, gold, and many of the rarest minerals.
That massive gas find by Israel, which overlaps into Cypriot waters(which they are going to exploit), also overlaps into Greek waters. THAT'S how big this gas find is. Do you think the Greek government is doing anything about it? It's an extra source of income. Of course they aren't, they are traitors.
There's huge amounts of natural resources, but they aren't doing anything about it.

The riots, they are limited and minor. It is a few hundred individuals who riot, compared to tens of thousands who protest PEACEFULLY.

That is something that some of you need to start to comprehend. You are posting on a conspiracy site dealing mostly in alternative subjects, where denying ignorance and seeking knowledge is customary. Yet when it comes to some topics, some people couldn't be any more ignorant.

Originally posted by surrealist
I don't even know why some people visit this forum when all they do is complain about the manner in which some members exhibit some enthusiasm about the information they share. Find a place somewhere else that suits.

See above.
I could also say I don't know why some people visit this site when all they do is regurgitate mass media propaganda. Unless that's their objective, to fill this site with mass media propaganda.
edit on 26-2-2011 by BLV12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by BLV12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dr3ws

That Cop is a human being just like anyone else. He`s just doing his job. He probably has a wife and kids. You like it that he has been set on fire?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Some people don't seem to realize that the police too feel the effects of a recession.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join