It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brazil [HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yeesh, I wish people start to understand the difference between "CGI" and "consistent with what CGI can do". The question isn't "Is this fakable?", but rather, "What evidence do we have that this video, in specific, has been falsified in some way?".

This _isn't_ hard, folks! Of COURSE it's doable in CGI! Everything is! That is not evidence that this has been faked. Now, can someone point to a specific frame or sequence of frames that, when closely examined, reveal the video to be special effects?

If not... well, STFU already. The same goes for anyone ready to declare this incontrovertible proof of ET involvement.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot
Yeesh, I wish people start to understand the difference between "CGI" and "consistent with what CGI can do". The question isn't "Is this fakable?", but rather, "What evidence do we have that this video, in specific, has been falsified in some way?".

This _isn't_ hard, folks! Of COURSE it's doable in CGI! Everything is! That is not evidence that this has been faked. Now, can someone point to a specific frame or sequence of frames that, when closely examined, reveal the video to be special effects?

Agreed. Everything CAN be faked with CGI but that doesnt mean it is. I have never seen a actual UFO so I cannot say what they look like when they fly around.

I do not understand alot of people's thinking process, these videos are always called fake for 1 of 2 reasons: if it is grainy than it must be a fake because it is not clear enough to make out what is being shot, if the video is clear it must be CGI because you can see the object.

Im not saying that this is 100% an alien craft. But, this is one of the best videos I have seen and I will be researching further.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by audio assasin

what do you think the flash was at the end

cgi^^ sry but i love it^^

ha ha ha ha lol

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by audio assasin

...what do you think the flash was at the end?

More embellishments by the makers....more added CGI effects, just as seen in many, many, many other such hoaxes....

Welcome to the 21st century. Gee, did anyone else notice all of the other vehicles stopping to look, in "amazement", at this alleged "object" putting on such an obvious show....in broad daylight??

Total fail. (But, will continue, as usual, to fool those "true gullible believers").....

edit on 24 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

We'd all be absolutely astounded if we knew just how totally *unobservant* most people really are, especially during car travel. It's of zero surprise to me, that cars were not stopping or noticing.

On the whole, people just don't tend to look up into the sky while they're driving. Even if they are not driving, most people rarely look skywards...just sit down near a crowded street or shopping centre, and look at the people walking by...virtually none of them look up, they are all looking either at the path in front of them, goods in shop windows, other people, the traffic etc. but hardly any will look up...try it, you'll see what i mean.

It's the same when driving. *Most* people, never look up to the sky, normally, they're looking at the road in front, the vehicle in front, or behind, at the sides etc, but rarely upwards.

Unless of course, they are all like me and scan the skies routinely, which let's face it, most people are not and don't.

Other cars not stopping is proof of only one thing...people are very unobservant, and preoccupied with their own affairs to notice much of anything going on in the skies.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot

If not... well, STFU already. The same goes for anyone ready to declare this incontrovertible proof of ET involvement.

You must have missed watching the 2 videos in this thread showing the UFO disapears on close inspection when a truck passes.
edit on 25-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
sometimes i think some of the people on this site are CG lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The HOAX stamp of non approval has finally arrived, I wondered where it was. Really a craft of unique non Earth quality may not even show up totally on our cameras and vid. recorders as we are photon viewers so our technology is as well. Some craft may be non photon generating.
edit on 2/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Here are 2 seperate consecutive frames just before the truck passes.

edit on 25-2-2011 by yeebsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

clearly
unmistakable

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't understand why people keep posting nonsense like this and pretending to wonder if it's real or not... here's your clue: If it's posted on youtube without ANY SOURCE INFORMATION whatsoever... only a date but no info as to exact location, time of day, or the names of the people in the video, then guess what... IT'S FAKE!

If I had seen such a thing I would file it with the NUFORC or some other legit organization rather than merely post to youtube. And even so I think I would provide paragraphs of info in the description... contact info and statements of intent to work with and share info with investigators. Instead we get no info at all but a date... Where in Brazil? What exact time of day? What are the names and contact info of the people who took it, etc...?

If these guys taped this then certainly they filed a report which can corroborate the sighting... others may have seen it as well. It's fairly ridiculous to think that in all that traffic, someone else didn't happen to notice this and also report it. But since there is NO INFORMATION it is impossible to properly investigate and therefore validate... the sure sign of a hoax is to leave you nothing to work with... no info... no names... nothing, nada, zilch.

This all equals fake and that, my friends, is something you really can believe in.

These hoaxes serve only to damage the credibility of legitimate UFO research. Shameful!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Not quite accurate.

When I saw a UFO recently, hovering in the skies to the West of our home, it certainly 'played to the observers' (me and the wife), and we didn't even have a camera to hand. When we vocally exclaimed 'my goodness - a UFO' (or words to that effect) it moved rapidly from side to side, seemingly in response. When we shouted about that movement, it moved equally rapidly up and down a few times, before hovering steadily once more. The impression we got was that it was aware of our observations.

A few days later I began seeing 'UFOs' quite often, for a period of around a week. I began to make hand signals 'at them', and even to speak out instructions as to what would convince me that 'they' were indeed a real UFO and not some other phenomenon. One of the most impressive came when I said aloud: 'If you do a 180 and go back the way you came I'll be convinced.' It promptly glowed extremely luminous for a few seconds (as though turning a front mounted headlight through a 180, pointing at me for a moment), before gliding back the way it had come. It had originally drifted across my field of vision from left-right, a couple of miles away at a rough guess. It would have been seen by others, but perhaps dismissed as a helicoptor / chinese lantern in the distance.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnunakiRageTheChosenPeop
If this is a hoax then it's exactly what Von Braun said would happen because this is obviously no a stand alone video hoax.

Von Braun never said anything of the sort. You cannot find one direct quote attributed to him about a fake alien invasion. Dr. Carol Rosin put those words in his mouth after he died.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
@weedwacker

Yep, there are hoaxes about, but not all sightings are hoaxes, and ones like this discredit the real ones. To say believers are gullible is a warped generalisation, you are gullible to believe, that in this vast universe, we are the only living spieces! FAIL!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

To say believers are gullible is a warped generalisation, you are gullible to believe, that in this vast universe, we are the only living spieces! FAIL!

Actually you completely own this fail friend. And here's why:

U:unidentified
F:flying
O
bject

no wheres does that say alien spaceship. A UFO is something unidentified in the sky. Saying this UFO video is a fake like every single one I've ever seen, is not discounting the possibility of alien life at all.

The gullibility comes from people who see this un-sourced video and believe it's real without any reason to. no investigation is done, it's called an alien ship right off the bat and the rest of us are disinfo agents. The REAL work is left to people like me and Mulder to pop your bubble and point out the various flaws.

This video has plenty. It also has some of the best camera matching I have ever seen from a novice. now this could have been done by adding in camera movement in post, but as the video starts in the car and one shot goes out beside the car then zooms in on the object (that you couldn't see until he zoomed in), but the object doesn't appear to shift and move as bad matching would produce.

That said, the fade as it peeks from behind the cloud is just awful. And the depth of field is also off simply watching as the truck passes you can tell. The ship is CGI, but alone, might have passed. The lame little light show however, fails completely.

Someone above said, this follows the hoax ufo script to a T. someone randomly spots something, or just happens to be filming nothing then it comes into view, teases the camera a few times then leaves. no one else reacts at all. It's playing to the camera 100%.

don't worry though, soon enough we'll be informed that aliens have manipulated the video to make it appear fake, or some such nonsense.

Even if this ship wasn't cgi, there's still no reason to assume it's being controlled by aliens. Common sense, the laws of probability, and occam's razor tells us this would probably be secret military techology.

how many 100% proof aliens are real videos came out of Nevada through the 80s? And now we know, yes, you did see large black triangular ships, they were stealth fighter tests. It's even been proposed that the military used the UFO phenomena to their advantage allowing people to think it's aliens when in fact it's extremely advanced tech from us.

Look at the black bird, or the stealth fighter, and tell me you wouldn't call that a UFO 10 years ago or 20.

And to touch on that comment about hollywood recruiting people like this. No, this isn't that good at all, anyone can download the software and get a free tutorial on how to do just this, adding effects into a pre-recorded scene, it's 3D software 101.

Beyond that, we're talking home camera then uploaded to youtube. That's a far cry from a believable effect in HD or movie resolution. Much easier to fake crap now with youtube because it compresses the hell out of the video.

i promise you 100% if we had the source DAT tape or whatever media it's on, it would not look half as believable as the video
edit on 2-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No background information, that is needed. It doesn't matter if you believe or not, more info is needed. So far there is missing frame/s or whatever is needed to describe the UFO missing for a moment. There has been a few new videos with a similar MO, with a UFO popping out and in the clouds. These two have a same MO, and possibly the same source,

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was walking the fence on this one until I saw that the UFO was missing from one of the video frames.

Two references here:

1. The following set of 3 pictures are frames from the UFO Brazil 2011 video. The first two are just before the big truck and the third, when the truck blocks the view. In the last frame before the truck arrives, the object disappears. You don't notice this in the video itself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/803daee03c48.jpg[/atsimg]

2. Same observation from another website:

UFO Brazil 2011 - Is it unidentified, or just unreal?

Continue reading on Examiner.com: UFO Brazil 2011 - Is it unidentified, or just unreal? - Montgomery UFO | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Looks pretty clear to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwine425
Yeah its a definite fake, a poor one at that. I don't understand how people in this thread are saying its a good fake if it is one...

I am also perplexed by people who thought this was "impressive"..........to me it looked totally fake on first viewing especially the flashes at the end, and the guys over reactions to it.

Just like the Jerusalem video it's funny how these UFO's decide to put on a light show just as the guys have their camera rolling.
Any professional wildlife film maker or photographer will tell you that it can and often takes weeks of filming to get the "money shot".

And yet we have amateurs turning up with their camcorders, who point and shoot for less than 30 seconds and hey presto the UFO performs on demand.......yeah right!

edit on 5-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Unfortunately, this fake video suffers from a common mistake many hoaxers make, which is "the camera becomes the audience." Notice how it kind of peeks from behind the cloud, just showing enough but not too much, as if it's saying, "I see you over there camera person, and I'm going to play with you." Then it puts on a light show that the camera again doesn't miss.

It's playing to the camera. It's presenting itself to you, the audience, and telling a little story. And that's a sure sign of a hoax. Real life just isn't that convenient.

Sometimes it's apparently even more convenient.

One of the particular weird ideas that began creeping into researchers’ minds was that many cases were instances of “display” by the phenomenon. It was, and is, an odd thought. Display to a witness seems much too subjective and dangerous to really credit. Coincidences happen all the time. We—who are essentially egocentric—often attribute causal linkages and personal significance to things that accidentally cross our path. With thousands of UFO incidents, certainly some rather spectacular coincidences are bound to have happened. And the mind is a wonder at creating syntheses and patterns out of nothing.

A paper by Michael Swords, entitled "We Know Where You Live", discusses reports of UFOs "performing" in a manner that suggests an awareness of the observer. Interesting read.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join