It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brazil [HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Impressive, but I can't help but wonder why all those passing vehicles never thought to stop and wonder what it was...especially the biker who would have seen it all coming.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Numbers of probability cannot be based on common sense. That isn't disputable and quite a bit nonsensical.

Thank you, Merlin. I didn't realize my numbers would be taken so seriously. They were simply making a point. Enough pedantry.

It has nothing to do with being pedantic, I was just pointing out how asinine it is to make a 'point' like that.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Exactly. Looking at the forum right now it seems the top 5-6 topics are all easily spotted hoaxes that some people are still debating for some unknown reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Those bastards! I hate these hoaxers.

link   

Numbers of probability cannot be based on common sense. That isn't disputable and quite a bit nonsensical.

Thank you, Merlin. I didn't realize my numbers would be taken so seriously. They were simply making a point. Enough pedantry.

It has nothing to do with being pedantic, I was just pointing out how asinine it is to make a 'point' like that.

You consider the point...

there is much more chance of this being CGI than real, so it makes sense to consider the CGI conclusion first

... to be asinine? Because that is the quidditas of what I was saying, which I'm sure most people understood clearly.
edit on 24-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

link   

A few things are needed:

1) A translation of the conversation in the video.
2) Eyewitness report.
3) Date, time, location.

I honestly don't know what to make of this video but it sure is impressive.
I'm Brazilian and I thought I might give a hand with the translation!
By the audio in the vid you can tell that theres two audible voices, so I'm going to use the number 1: for the camera man, and the number 2: for the driver.

1: Stop Rafa(short in portuguese for Rafael), stop dude, I can't see it, wait, its shaking too much, stop, stop.
(1 Gets out of the car) Damn it dude, damn, where is it now? Oh its there, its there.
2: (voice very low) Gustavo,(thats what I thought I heard) whats happening?
1: (Points the camera to the clouds direction) Dude from the heavens(literal translation), I told you I was seeing something. (answers to Rafa, something that Rafa asks but I can't really hear it clearly) There, on your side dude.
2: Its not even 4 o'clock yet, theres enough time to go to Lençóis and go back to Bauru still. (The city that number 2 refers to as Lençóis could also be Lençóis from the state of Bahia, which is quite far from their location and which I think is probably not the one that he is referring to)
1:Look at that dude, look at that(says something in portuguese in such a terrible accent that even I that am from the same Brazilian state that these guys are from, can't understand it) You're not seeing anything over dude, you have to come see it in the machine(meaning filming camera)
1: Hey Rafa, its turning dude(curses in excitement).
(1:08min)1: This god damn battery is finishing dude(UFO flashes light and starts descending) God damn it dude its heading down.
2: I'm gonna leave you alone here dude... I'm out dude, I'm out(meaning I'm leaving now)
1: Wait dude stop being afraid dude(more curses)
2: Put this thing down and let go away dude.
1: I'm shaking like crazy dude...I don't know damn it, how am I gonna know, damn it(videos ends)

So anyways, it seems like these guys are coming from the city of Bauru in the state of Sao Paulo but are headed to Lencois Paulista also in the state of Sao Paulo...by their tone of voice and especially by what the way the driver is saying, it sure seems like they are seeing something for real and the driver is scared as hell....anyways I tried my best and here is 90% of the translation....hope it helps!!!

edit on 24-2-2011 by ringht_n_wrong because: fixing links

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This one was believable up until the last part where the thing flashes and balls of light come falling away from it. I mean come on...

Kind of like the Jerusalem one. The red twinkling lights at the end screamed faux.

Why do you CG people keep doing that??

Simple is more believable if you're trying to hoax the masses. Quit adding those cheesy effects will ya.

edit on 24-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sigh.. I always start out a thread believing what I am seeing is real then someone debunks it a ruins my day
This was one video that I wanted to believe in... at least for a couple of hours

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is an impressive take but I'm somewhat reluctant to give it a thumbs up as the content provider has posted a few UFO vids on youtube... what are the chances of that? I mean, one might have one encounter in a lifetime, but several? It would tend to infer they're perfecting their 'art'. If it came from a provider who had no previous connection with the subject I'd be more inclined to believe it's genuine.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Theres a reason he didnt try an zoom in on the UFO. That reason is, there was no UFO there. It was added later.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Man this is so frustrating, WHY DO PEOPLE LIE...??? I can't comprehend why people make stuff up. I've seen it first hand with a guy I work with he spits out LIES all day long. It boggles my mind, after seeing the guy I work with it calls into question every ufo account i've seen or heard about...

Like why spend the time to make a fake video, what do these people gain out of it...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by goatfish

Nice. Pretty definitive proof. Assuming that it's not faked

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ringht_n_wrong

Thanks for that translation.

Now....I don't speak Portuguese, but sure sounds like bad acting to me, anyways!

I was mostly perked up by the "bad battery" comment ("low battery"??). How 'convenient' for the reason the tape ends, huh??

Also, this:

1: I'm shaking like crazy dude...I don't know damn it, how am I gonna know, damn it(videos ends.

Watch it again....if THAT are the final words, before cut to black.....it is obvious that he is "fake-shaking", just at that moment, as he says it!!!

Yet, remarkably (for a hand-held) is quite stable for most of it...compared to so many others.

Fake......

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redwine425

Hey, gotta just dismiss these things and let them go, someday maybe it won't be fake...and I'm not 100% convinced it is (99.9999% sure). I mean it disappears at the end why not at some point in between eh?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
This one was believable up until the last part where the thing flashes and balls of light come falling away from it. I mean come on...

Kind of like the Jerusalem one. The red twinkling lights at the end screamed faux.

Yeah, I think this was greatly "inspired" by the Jerusalem video.

Hoaxing UFOs seems to be really popular right now. Partly because it's so easy to do, and partly because a platform like YouTube is almost tailor-made for UFO captures. Hopefully we can ride out the storm...

As a rule of thumb, UFO sightings in public places should have multiple corroborative eye witnesses. If it doesn't, chances are it's a hoax.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yeah its a definite fake, a poor one at that. I don't understand how people in this thread are saying its a good fake if it is one...

I don't like to speak in absolutes, but in this case this is absolutely a fake, no questions. People who fake videos and perpetrate them as being real need to die off this planet...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The first question to ask is: What the hell is it doing there, in sight of all.

So we have ET traveling some astronomical distances to hide behind a cloud? That's stupid, no?
That reason alone makes me believe from start that is is a hoax.

Nice find to the poster that saw the UFO disappear for one frame.

CGI what else.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just for clarification I didn't actually find the frame myself. Someone else had already debunked it and posted the video on YouTube. I just saw the comment and posted it to ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goatfish
Just for clarification I didn't actually find the frame myself. Someone else had already debunked it and posted the video on YouTube. I just saw the comment and posted it to ATS.

Wouldn't it be ironic if this debunking video was planted by disinfo agents to hide the truth?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You consider the point...

there is much more chance of this being CGI than real, so it makes sense to consider the CGI conclusion first

... to be asinine? Because that is the quidditas of what I was saying, which I'm sure most people understood clearly.
edit on 24-2-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

You just changed what we were talking about with that last post. Your point as you previously stated and the one we were referring to was the numbers of probability you used, not a statement you made, correct? So I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with what you are arguing, but whatever. Either way, the video is now shown to be fake per someone's analysis, not common sense. That is why I posted it in the first place, so it could be analyzed by someone. Those who said it was fake simply guessed on a 50/50 probability. I understand where you are coming from, but it would be nice to see a more intelligent analysis first than jumping to conclusions and producing made up claims. That goes for both sides of the coin. Hopefully you can understand what I am saying now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join