It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brazil [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Sorry to burst your bubble.....

Ok if ALL of these people are SO good at cgi why don't they All get together and make a real goood ufo movie because after seeing that ,,well Lucas and all the rest of those cgi guys apparently SUCK .
Because i aint seen nothing like that at the last big Hollywood Production Cgi expert produced million dollar hits.!

Are you serious??

I mean....huh? Haven't you been to the movies in the last forty years??

Here....these guys are "amateurs" (although....since they're IN San Francisco, I have a sneaking suspicion they might work for ILM):

For those interested in how I made it:
I shot the background video on a 1/3-chip DV camera (TRV25). The Star Wars vehicles are either 2D stills found on the internet, or video I roto-scoped out of the movies, which I then motion-tracked and composited in After FX. I used the trapcode particular plug-in for some steam and smoke effects, and did basic sound design and assembly in Final Cut.

ANY QUESTIONS???

edit on 24 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

link   

Shadow at 0:08 in the vid shows its rather more than a cheap hand held phone.

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
C.G.I.

PROVE.IT.

If you're going to make a definitive claim, you have to have some evidence, or at least some reasoning. I don't see anything in the video that tells me it's CGI, other than the outrageousness of the event itself.

At the very least, it's very intriguing, warranting further investigation.

link   
I think its a fake if you view full screen shot from beginning you can see the craft image being implanted into video...
just watch the cloud in the far left corner that its supposed to be within. And cloak would be much easier. ALso I dont think it disrupted the clouds upon exit.
edit on 2/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Fun video. Great for children to post on internet forums and Youtube, but it looked incredibly fake at the end when it lit up. Just saying. Has anyone looked at Realm Leapers youtube page. I wonder if he has other junk there too.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

C.G.I.

PROVE.IT.

If you're going to make a definitive claim, you have to have some evidence, or at least some reasoning. I don't see anything in the video that tells me it's CGI, other than the outrageousness of the event itself.

No. That's not how it works.

Occams Razor tells us this is more likely to be CGI than an alien ship.

Therefore the burden is on THE BELIEVER to prove it is real.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cool Video, Thanks. If it is a CGI, would the passing of the truck in the video make that impossible, or just harder to fake? This question is for those who have knowledge of CGI. I have none.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes, my question is how you can make such an analysis when the video has been up for all of 20 minutes? All you did was come out of the gates firing that this is a CGI video, but with absolutely no evidence to prove those claims. I expected a better analysis. Do I think it is real? Maybe, but I am a believer. A real analysis is yet to be presented, until then, the only proof we have is a video showing the object as being tangible and there. So unless proven otherwise, we cannot claim it is a hoax.

link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Sorry to burst your bubble.....

Ok if ALL of these people are SO good at cgi why don't they All get together and make a real goood ufo movie because after seeing that ,,well Lucas and all the rest of those cgi guys apparently SUCK .
Because i aint seen nothing like that at the last big Hollywood Production Cgi expert produced million dollar hits.!

Are you serious??

I mean....huh? Haven't you been to the movies in the last forty years??

Here....these guys are "amateurs" (although....since they're IN San Francisco, I have a sneaking suspicion they might work for ILM):

ANY QUESTIONS???

edit on 24 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

they can make a cgi of the titanic that looks very real.. that dont make titanic fake, dont see what your point is
edit on 24-2-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

link   
thumb up !
very good footage....I dont know what to say besides "damn, it looks too good to be true."

link   

I´m just wonderining why the other traffic is not slowing down whilst passing the people filming. If I saw 2 -3 people shouting pointing and filming in a direction I´d probably want to know why ?.

Are you positing that as evidence it's a hoax? Obviously, they were actually there on the side of the road, filming, pointing and shouting. The fact that no one stopped says nothing about the validity of the supposed craft - they likely saw the people filming, but perhaps didn't manage to see what they were filming (because it wasn't there?) - or perhaps they stopped further down the road after seeing the people filming.
edit on 24-2-2011 by redtic because: (no reason given)

link   

Really, now?

And all that on the first take?

"First" take??

Don't understand the process, eh?

• Step 1: Write a script. Rehearse what you're going to say as you "act".
  • Step 2: Drive to a spot on the road, park.
  • Step 3: Spend about 2, 3 minutes filming a cloud. Continue to "act" for the soundtrack.
  • Step 4: Near the end, pan down to the horizon.... aaaaaannnnnd, Cut!
  • Step 5: Go home, add the CGI to the already recorded footage. As often as you need to, at your leisure. Use as many "takes" as you need, until you are happy with the results.
  • Step 6: Post up on YouTube, sit back, mix up a nice Pisco Sour (or pop open a Cerveza) sit back, and laugh.

• "Step 5: Go home, add the CGI to the already recorded footage. As often as you need to, at your leisure. Use as many "takes" as you need, until you are happy with the results. "

Well i guess that part will be up too u,, seeing how it is your statement and belief,, that this is indeed the process, so produce it, besides u may then use a re-enactment of this that u use as proof of cgi to then throw confusion as too when this video was actually done, u know now start too edit the voice,,the camera shake, the added flash of luminecence, (as a side note anyone want too est. the jules energy,, it took to produce those flash's) but go ahead im sure the "muddy the waters" videos will be out very soon.

edit: that would be the number of jules needed to produce the lumins needed for a pixleated effect, with a containment area of surrounding objects in the immediate area.

edit on 24-2-2011 by BobAthome because: not sure if i understand the process

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
    link   

Originally posted by redtic

C.G.I.

PROVE.IT.

No. That's not how it works.

Occams Razor tells us this is more likely to be CGI than an alien ship.

Therefore the burden is on THE BELIEVER to prove it is real.

Precisely - but don't state something as fact when you don't actually know it to be so. IMHO, this warrants more investigation as its better than most hoaxed videos out there. I'd like to *know* it's a hoax before I definitively claim it to be - that's the job of a skeptic.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
    link   
    Just because you can hoax it dont mean it is....

Titanic could be made in CGI... that dont make titanic fakes does it

When the real thing comes, nobody will belive it anyway

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
    link   
    Here is another screen capture . its sharpened and darkened to bring out as much detail as I could .

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e2fdaf5b3b2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
    link   
    This is an interesting video , most probably CGI .....but very well done , lots of little details .

Nice blend with the cloud
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcb91e9b86c9.jpg[/atsimg]

The UFO appears to charge up along its edge before the discharge
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd994cf0a5d3.jpg[/atsimg]

The objects discharged travel down the appendage on the right of the " craft "
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce2f2ee7c840.jpg[/atsimg]

Gut feeling say's CGI but it's the best one I've seen for a while .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
    link   
    I've looked at individual frames when the red van passes at 0:39 and I can't see any sign of masking or rotoscope before or after it passes in view.
    edit on 24-2-2011 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
    link   
    i don't understand why it's so difficult for people to believe UFO's are real. people keep saying "looks really real but probably a fake" "most likely CGI but really well done." if it looks so real... maybe it is!!
    edit on 24-2-2011 by ZiggyStardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
    link   
    Interesting video

I'm not too sure what the debunkers want? Either it's CGI or it's too low quality to figure out what it is.

Regardless if it is fake or not, they were still standing by the side of the road filming, CGI or not, and yet no one stopped to see what they were looking at.

It's kind of a stupid logic that if it is a compelling video first thing people do is call fake.

The debunkers are as crazy as the first off believers as they pick a side instantly rather than looking at all available evidence, that's why they dislike eachother so much because they are so similar.

We need evidence either way, what happened to good old logic?

Pred...
    edit on 24-2-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

Really, now?

And all that on the first take?

"First" take??

Don't understand the process, eh?

• Step 1: Write a script. Rehearse what you're going to say as you "act".
  • Step 2: Drive to a spot on the road, park.
  • Step 3: Spend about 2, 3 minutes filming a cloud. Continue to "act" for the soundtrack.
  • Step 4: Near the end, pan down to the horizon.... aaaaaannnnnd, Cut!
  • Step 5: Go home, add the CGI to the already recorded footage. As often as you need to, at your leisure. Use as many "takes" as you need, until you are happy with the results.
  • Step 6: Post up on YouTube, sit back, mix up a nice Pisco Sour (or pop open a Cerveza) sit back, and laugh.

• Prove it

The sad thing is if you saw this yourself and filmed it...people would still say this, so how nowdays can anyone see, film and share anything? if you are telling the truth it would sure feel awful how no one believed you :-( To many liars in the world or we would all be able to trust stuff very :-(

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join