It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Effects of Atom bombs/report NP-3036

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum, and doubly sorry if this is not deemed "thread-worthy", but I am asking for help, please. I was searching (information bridge/OSTI), and was able to pull up information in a 256 page pdf document. I saved it into my documents, but when I went back to further read the pdf, it opened up the "basic" search page, so I had to figure out a way to easily re-locate that pdf. I ended up entering NP-3036, and went right to the document I was looking for.
Theres many pages in the beginning of the document that I frankly find it hard to follow, to to lack of formal education in such language. But, after scrolling down, an interested person may concievably, extrapolate things neccessary to survive such an attack.
Please, would someone collaborate with me to pull out some exerpts, from this pdf...and provide some kinda link directly to the pdf, so other interested members may read the full document if they desire?
MEDICAL EFFECTS OF ATOMIC BOMBS THE REPORT OF THE JOINT COMMISSION FOR THE INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECTS OF THE ATOMIC BOMB IN JAPAN VOLUME 1
loading... Oughterson, A.W. ; LeRoy, G.V. ; Liebow, A.A. ; et.al. 1951 Apr 19

(www.osti.gov...) NP is case sensitive, and you must put the - (dash) between the letters and the numbers. Thankyou for you time and consideration.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Why is it 246 pages and 195MB? Is there a lot of images? I'm (trying to) downloading it now.
I'm wondering how detailed it can really be, because its only six years after Hiroshima/Nagasaki.
edit on 24-2-2011 by ltdan08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltdan08
reply to post by G.A.G.

Why is it 246 pages and 195MB? Is there a lot of images? I'm (trying to) downloading it now.

Yes there is alot of images and is worth waiting for. Many are disuaded from looking at large documents, that might have something to do with the nature of its size. Thankyou so much for your interest thus far, I am still trying to learn how to upload stuff and without someones help, I would not be able to convey the important information in this report.
One thing I found Interesting is that in Nagasaki, there was people in a tunnel directly below the very epicenter of the blast, that survied (I think- uninjured), that amazed me.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

I just cracked this thing and am already overwhelmed by the detail and what the detail is telling me. I had no clue this is what the A-Bomb did to Japan. The image I always had in my mind was that the Japanese in Hiroshima and Nagasaki just vaporized. I guess that's just a part of the American ignorance in me that I'm trying to get over.
Anyway...so a lot of people lived and a lot of people died. Some died quickly, some waited a couple of days and had horrific deaths, some waited a little longer before dying. When I read some of the descriptions of cell behavior, I imagined someone as a pencil drawing being erased and then redrawn. Both the lymphatic system and bone marrow degraded to nothing in a short period and then just reappeared?! It's like the people were being remade. When I started reading this I never expected to see "As regeneration progressed, there was a steady "shift to the right" of the marrow beginning from a very immature reticular tissue and ending in favorable cases with one that closely approximated normal." Favorable cases?
What if this wasn't an act of war, but a science experiment to see if man could artificially stimulate evolution?

Just a loose theory so far, but I wouldn't put it past our masters to come up with something like this. And I'm just 20 pages in, I might change my mind as I keep reading.

Lieutenant Dan

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ltdan08

Thankyou for showing interest in this data. It is extremely valuable information.

I thought this was interesting too because aparently the radioactive fallout readings, indicating it was "safe" to enter the blast zone, within a reletively "short" amount of time. I hope this uploads correctly, apologies if it doesnt.

k. Procedure;
When the Commission was formed, a month had already elapsed since the
bombs were dropped on these cities. In order to obtain adequate clinical
data while patients were still available, there was great urgency to enter
these cities at the earliest possible date. Permission to enter these
cities could not be obtained from the Commanding General of the Sixth Arngr
since troops of the Sixth Army had not occupied the region. However, permission
to enter the aarea was eventually obtained and through the liaison
with the Imperial Goverrment this was first accomplished with the cooperation
of the Japanese Police. On 8 September 19^5> the group landed on
Iwakuni Airfield near Hiroshima with six plane loads of supplies. A preliminary
survey of the damage was made and the physicists determined the
amount of residual radioactivity present, which was foiond to be within the
limits of safety. The group returned to Tokyo and on 19 September 19^1-5
proceeded to Omura Airfield adjacent to Nagasaki. Here also, preliminary
observations were made and the residual radiation was foiind to be within
the limits of safety. Colonel Warren and a part of the Manhattan District
group remained in Nagasaki to make further investigations. On 29 September
19^5, the remainder of the Nagasaki investigation team was landed at Omura
3 (1) 20

I'll add more...when time permits. Its totally amazing what kind of detailed data was collected from these horrible events. I too, thought , by what U.S. public schools lead us to believe...the towns were vaporized and millions lost their lives. Not at all the case. "Even one death, is two too many" g.a.g.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just wanted to inform interested members, when I copy and pasted, and used the "ex. content" option,this is how it appeared. Also, within the "text" of the documents...the are no spelling errors that I can see, and the "4's" in the 1945, are visible. Someone didnt want this document to be easily passed from one to another without making someone look like an idiot. (IMO). Its well worth reading this entire document, straight from the "osti-website".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
reply to post by ltdan08

Thankyou for showing interest in this data. It is extremely valuable information.

I thought this was interesting too because aparently the radioactive fallout readings, indicating it was "safe" to enter the blast zone, within a reletively "short" amount of time. I hope this uploads correctly, apologies if it doesnt.

k. Procedure;
When the Commission was formed, a month had already elapsed since the
bombs were dropped on these cities. In order to obtain adequate clinical
data while patients were still available, there was great urgency to enter
these cities at the earliest possible date. Permission to enter these
cities could not be obtained from the Commanding General of the Sixth Arngr
since troops of the Sixth Army had not occupied the region. However, permission
to enter the aarea was eventually obtained and through the liaison
with the Imperial Goverrment this was first accomplished with the cooperation
of the Japanese Police. On 8 September 19^5> the group landed on
Iwakuni Airfield near Hiroshima with six plane loads of supplies. A preliminary
survey of the damage was made and the physicists determined the
amount of residual radioactivity present, which was foiond to be within the
limits of safety. The group returned to Tokyo and on 19 September 19^1-5
proceeded to Omura Airfield adjacent to Nagasaki. Here also, preliminary
observations were made and the residual radiation was foiind to be within
the limits of safety. Colonel Warren and a part of the Manhattan District
group remained in Nagasaki to make further investigations. On 29 September
19^5, the remainder of the Nagasaki investigation team was landed at Omura
3 (1) 20

I'll add more...when time permits. Its totally amazing what kind of detailed data was collected from these horrible events. I too, thought , by what U.S. public schools lead us to believe...the towns were vaporized and millions lost their lives. Not at all the case. "Even one death, is two too many" g.a.g.

Nice of you to share gag! I had no idea the level of detail they put in these reports I am only about 43 pages into it, and Im "floored". This is my first post so I hope it works. flashcube

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning! Who could ever imagined the amount of details they did in these studies. I got an entirely different view of things, while learning what they told us in school about the bombs. Thankyou for sharing this.

new topics

top topics

join