It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipeline rupture results in a possible quarter of a million gallons of gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

UPDATE 11 a.m: As much as 250,000 gallons of gasoline may have leaked from a ruptured pipeline before it was shut down, the line's owner said at a news conference this morning.

TEXAS CITY — A pipeline carrying gasoline ruptured at about 3 a.m. Thursday forcing the evacuation of about 15 homes and the closure of state Highway 146. The highway is closed between FM 517 and FM 1764.

This is in my neck of the woods so is quite disturbing on several levels. That's quite a bit of petroleum in a biome. It's near the Texas City Prairie Preserve and Moses Lake.

Source
edit on 24-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Sourced

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Happened to be driving under the 146 overpass when I saw a truck from Garner Environmental Services go by. It's gong to take a while tk clean this mess. Not to mention what harm it will do to both flora and fauna.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
it is weird the local news is not picking this up. just Galveston newspaper. I am right around the corner from it as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

I've seen all the local stations news vans but have yet to see anything on TV. Maybe they're waiting for the midday break or even evening news.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.sec.gov...

seems the senior vice president sold off half of his shares in "MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP" on the 16th of this month. They have had a lot of officers and directors sellings shares lately
www.sec.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, as I was on my way back from the grocery store I noticed that there were no more news vehicles present. Unless they were allowed closer to the spill area. They were just outside the police barricade that is blocking the loop at 34th. They were also not set up in the Lowe's parking lot.

No helicopter was circling, no news vans, nothing but police blocking access and environmental cleanup services.

Everyone has moved on and been told it's all under control. I'm sure it is other than the bas that's going to be absorbed into the ground in the area. If 250000 gallons have leaked in to that bayou, how much of it will not be recovered?

I'll be interested to find out how it is that the pipeline ruptured.

There's this report from earlier, but that was before the 11:00 am update from the Galveston Daily News.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Expect more of this to come.Oil and gas is under attack and the markets are being manipulated .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just got the call from Texas City Emergency Management that the road closures have been lifted and the evacuated residents are returning to their homes.

join