It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to legalize marijuana only for 'Big Pharma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

are you kidding me, i would like you to refer me to the study that your speaking of, because tomy knowledge, the research studies that "proved" brain cell damage was completely biased, and they suffocated the patients, of course, suffocation leads to brain cell loss, but, if you have a study that shows otherwise, please do tell

EDIT: My apologies, I misread your post. Thought you were saying the same ol same ol about THC killing healthy brain cells. Im still interested in these studies if you could refer though.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Chickensalad because: ignorance

link   

Originally posted by larrydavid
I think the reschedualling of THC from Sched 1 to 3 is a step in the right direction but im afraid this is all for big Pharma. I hope Im wrong.

You're not wrong.

Except in one thing... The DEA, etc. is not a whore for Big Pharma.... Big Pharma actually is the DEA - the same way that the FED actually IS the private banking cartel, and the FCC actually IS Big telecomm or the EPA actually is Big Energy/Chemical and so on, and so on..... they really makes the rules..... for THEIR benefit - since the turn of the 20th century it has been so....

It wouldn't suck so much if they were loyal to the country and considered themselves part of the people... but they don't ..... we are their human 'resources' and anything - including drugs - that they can't have exclusive control over is unacceptable to them.....

While we fight over this relatively old miscarriage of justice they are accomplishing the same effect over communications and information .... I dare not say more... lest I self-radicalize and thus become a threat to us all.

link   
Incredible!!

Have they actually found a way to tax weed, and still make it illegal?

Only in america folks...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Remember, it's only illegal if the corporations cannot meter, track, tax, and profit from it.

Like marijauna is illegal because anyone can grow it naturally without complex chemistry or equipment.

Like harvest rain water is illegal because anyone can do it and avoid our flourine-polluted tap water.

The list goes on and on. I'm sure if the Complex found a way to regulate and tax breathable air, they damn sure would.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I actually posted this one yesterday in the "alternative substances" forum, as every thread I have ever posted here regarding marijuana usually gets moved there in short order, lol.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, this was my short little commentary on what a JOKE this is, and yet ANOTHER slap in the face of all of the "little people" by tptb, to show how the mega-corps are TRUELY running things, right down to the LAWS of this nation:

"Growing or using natural plant = bad and highly illegal...MegaPharma Industries isolating THC compounds and selling that at exorbitant prices = good and legal". Got it.

Only the Pharma industries should be able to sell and dictate usage to the populace. They and Big Brother know whats best for us.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I get what your saying Max. I recently just kind of fell into your last topic there. There is alot going on that people don't even know about, but the info's right there. If some of the users knew some of the things I've found out, there would be a whole nother conspiracy group started.

Fight the good fight. And yes, keep us in mind.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Precisely... if Oil (the technology doesn't exist because we control the patents), Pharm (it's only good for you if we prescribe it), or Unions (we protect you from "bad" things) do not approve, then the offending item(s) are immediately demonized.

"REEFER MADNESS", anyone?

How about hydrogen fuel cells? I think we all know how this goes, but people are too busy being good little consumers to ever really affect any change, at least at this moment in time.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Dreine because: What's the frequency Kenneth?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If they further develop new pharmaceuticals derived from cannabis, I highly doubt there is going to be a high demand for it. Drugs such as Vicodin and Oxy have a very high demand, partly because opiates require quite a bit of processing in order to give the user the desired affects, on the side, opiates are also highly addictive which builds an addiction to that current drug, thus causing patients, or special interest individuals to hound doctors for more.

I'm not an opiate user so don't take my word for it. But this is partially why pharmaceutical opiates are highly favorable to growing opium crop for regular recreational use, and the drug companies are making a killing off of this.

Cannabis however is entirely ready to consume as soon as the flower buds are dried, no further processing is required. Concentrates can be easily be made right at home with a couple simple tools if an individual truly desires for so.

Furthermore cannabis is only slightly physically addictive, I'll go as far to say caffeine is more addictive. Chronic use has more to do with a dependency, usually the user discovers various ways that cannabis improves their lives and continues their use due too this fact and out of simple enjoyment and recreational use. As with any substance though, you will occasionally find people with addictive personalities who make reckless decisions and don't have the mental stability to harmonize everyday life with their cannabis use.

To further make this point, it is very often to find cannabis users taking breaks for several days or weeks at a time for what is called a "tolerance break" where user's will sometimes find they have built up a tolerance, and take a break giving their cannabinoid receptors a rest so they don't have to consume nearly as much cannabis. The most that is ever felt during the 3 day 'withdrawal' is sometimes a decrease in appetite and the individual feels irritable for the first 2 or 3 days. There are no cravings, though the individual may just be bored and desire the substance to lighten up the day a bit, much like any other folks like to come home after work and enjoy their 'afternoon beer' in front of the television.

A very large portion of cannabis users are rather 'fascinated' and hold a high appreciation of the quality of the bud, plant's various genetics, as well as the culture around cannabis. These kind of people are highly unlikely to prescribe or desire a supply to pharmaceutical products containing cannabis derivatives. These kind of people have their consumption down to an art-form and desire a lot of control in the where the product comes, the genetics involved (unless it's extract), and how they can consume the substance.

So to summarize the point of all of this thus far, pills would simply be sub-par and may just appeal to mama or grandpa under suggestion of their oh-so trustworthy doctors.

Well, though what if they decide to start selling cannabis as whole product?

There are a few issues with this. Many user's like access to multiple kinds of bud from various genetics and high quality. Growing is tedious work, so it's unlikely having a spectrum of genes wouldn't be very probably. Likewise, the quality of the product is unlikely to be very high. If mass produced, you're likely to end up with a mid quality product, and if sold cheaply, may win over a good half of the regular users.

Would it be bad to put the money in the hands of the drug companies? Of course. But then again, it would eliminate cannabis as a priority from the Mexican drug trade. Though I'm sure that localized underground markets for quality cannabis would still thrive.

Just my .02
edit on 24-2-2011 by Scarcer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The "War on Drugs" exists due to the PharmaComplex's not wanting to 'share the pie' with the Mexican cartels. Or Panamanian cartels, hence why, when Noriega decided to no longer give the Pharma giants their cut in the profits, the US suddenly had to 'arrest' a 'dictator'. A dictator that decided he no longer wanted to play by the rules set forth by the PharmaComplex.

It's not a health issue, like almost everything else in this world it's a profits issue. Our Overlords do not like it when we try to put our hands in the cookie jar.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

Thank you so much! They gave a 2% chance of living at first and now I'm fine, never ever give up! Thanks again, peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

There is a youtube video with petrie dishes that show what I'm taliking about, I'll try to find it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Here's an article about it
www.worldhealth.net...

Here's some more to prove info on the positive effects
scienceblogs.com...
drugpolicycentral.com...
www.safeaccessnow.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

There is a youtube video with petrie dishes that show what I'm taliking about, I'll try to find it.

Ok got it here it is, www.bing.com... ?q=thc+kills+cancer+cells&FROM=LKVR5>1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR8&adlt=strict

All subtances whether Legal or not can be harmful if you let it control your life, I no longer smoke, I don't feel the need, but I support people who still need it. It should be a legal medicine for all to use in certain cases.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Big Pharm has finally figured out an "in" to put their stamp on natural substances. Once that is done...they will go after ALL medicinal LEGAL herbs and those of us that are into using natural remedies will become the next big criminal drug dealers!!

I realize I am preaching to the choir...but this has gone beyond insane (if that can be at all possible).

All, and I mean ALL medications that are derived from Big Pharm, created in a lab and sanctioned by the FDA and DEA, are POISONS. The only thing that was left to HEAL (remember, there is no MONEY in healing, only in keeping a subject sick!) many of the malady's that have made humankind ill over the thousands and thousands of years we have been here are now going to be ruined by what many refer to as PROGRESS.

At this rate, we might as well keep progressing our way to extinction. So many gifts have been given to human kind...and what is done ? Through stupidity, and avarice...those gifts are thrown away.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: add to content.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Don't worry. This is an amazing update in progress. The regulations discussed wont be upheld for long. There's too much potential profit available for them not to exhaust every last resource. That includes full scale legalization.

-B

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok, I love how if a topic gets locked because its a repeat, I lost my entire post. So here goes round two.

Something to consider:
This might actually be a good thing. Just because its not legalizing marijuana to the public, it would remove the block medical researchers have from using the THC compound anywhere in their studies or using THC to derive new chemical compounds to help the public. By moving a Class I drug to class II, it is the first step towards getting other class I drugs a class II status - furthering the advancement of medicine and the abilities to help change and save lives.

Take '___' for example, when it was made illegal researchers have fought the ruling ever since. By being able to study or use '___' in research or allow the chemical compound to exist during the creation of other drugs, more effective and helpful medications could be developed for handling severe mental illness. Researchers have argued that restrictions from studying these drugs have resulted in the development of effective medications to be set back by 20 years when breakthroughs could have happened in less than 5 if they could legally use '___'.

By making THC legal for medical research, this would save a lot of time and money currently needed to create drugs that would help the public since elaborate steps wouldn't need to be taken to arrive at chemicals needed that don't create or use THC in the process. Giving medical research access to THC could help save lives! Think of the medications that could be developed to help treat epilepsy and anorexia?

This is a step TOWARDS the acceptance of marijuana as a positive cultural influence. Yes, it might not be fair that pharmaceuticals get to have it first, but once medications come out that change lives, which were all possible through THC, its only a matter of time before those directly preventing its legalization lose influence.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Big Pharm has finally figured out an "in" to put their stamp on natural substances. Once that is done...they will go after ALL medicinal LEGAL herbs and those of us that are into using natural remedies will become the next big criminal drug dealers!!

I realize I am preaching to the choir...but this has gone beyond insane (if that can be at all possible).

All, and I mean ALL medications that are derived from Big Pharm, created in a lab and sanctioned by the FDA and DEA, are POISONS. The only thing that was left to HEAL (remember, there is no MONEY in healing, only in keeping a subject sick!) many of the malady's that have made humankind ill over the thousands and thousands of years we have been here are now going to be ruined by what many refer to as PROGRESS.

You're forgetting a few things: when it comes to making money, you're no use to a company dead. Not all medications are poisoned, and not all drugs are developed from pharmaceutical companies. You're forgetting about independent medical research agencies that are funded by government grants and nonprofit organizations.

Also, some of the most useful medications and drugs are naturally occurring (think penicillin) or have been created from discovered uses for chemicals present in plants from the rainforest. That's right, big pharma has a reason to save the rainforest.

Just because pharmaceutical companies don't have a reason to CURE you, doesn't mean they don't have a reason to HELP you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join