It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what kind of funeral and or wake would you like to have ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
lets talk about death for a bit .

when i die , id like to be cremated and for somebody to dig a trench around my house kind like a thin moat and from there for them to be spread in a circle around the house then replace the dirt over the ashes ...

as for the funeral tons of roses for those attending no black is to be worn.. think of this as a celebration of my passing on to a higher plane. dress as you would for a wedding .

champane is to be drunk thought the feast Pink champane.... no crosses on the coffin of any kind or at the chapel.. if my any of my brothers are still alive at this time they are to be doing the preachers job ...

then the whole party will be going to the nearest river each person will have a single white rose and a small candle toss the rose and the candle into the river and say a few kind words .

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Why burn perfectly good food for worms and micro-organisms? Old school box in a hole would work perfectly for me. Or maybe the Tibetan way - chop me into pieces and feed me to the birds.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
definitely booze at the wake and funeral. Good music too.

but i guess i'm like my father who say's, "just stick a ham bone in my a** and let the dogs drag me away"

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I want my ashes shot into deep space, along with a viable DNA sample and a transponder.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
When I die, I ask for very little.

1) Be happy, cheerful, and enjoy your own life while it lasts. No sadness allowed.

2) Don't bother with a funeral. Just burn my corpse.

I will be dead, so I don't care about these stupid rituals or money pits $$$.

The only way to respect my death, will be to enjoy your own life.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I think I like your dad lol. Gotta have booze before the launch.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I want a funeral pyre on the edge of a cliff overlooking a forest or the sea.

For the wake, I would hope that my friends can find it within themselves to hold a huge druken bash as a tribute to life and joy.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Given my health issues this is a subject I have given far too much thought to, going so far as to know the music i would like. I do not want any religious aspect to the ceremony, I want a humanist funeral where people can reflect on their own lives at the same time celebrating mine. I think i will donate my body to medical research. It is but a mortal coil and its the ultimate selfless act in death.

For the Wake I will be placing a large sum of money behind the bar so everyone can get hammered.
edit on 24-2-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

my funeral songs, I have more

edit on 24-2-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I thought I just wanted to be cremated and forgotten..but now I think I like your idea! Yes! I want my DNA to be shot into space with a disk that contains images of me and my family.

If that's not possible than just cremated me and do what you will. No funeral, no memorial..I wanna go quietly.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have no reason to want anything to be done with my body after I'm finished with it so any way anyone can find a use for it is fine by me.

If there are any useful bits the first person to ask can have them, whats left over can be thrown into the forest for wild Raccoons to munch on or given to the Lions at feeding time for all I care, bones are good for the soil too so theres that too.

Being ground up into kitty food would also be nice

Edit to add.
I guess I left out something for the people left behind, well if they dont mind throwing the bits to the lions then that could be my funeral my body gets used and my family get a nice day out at the zoo + I could spend the money saved on the coffin on free Elephant rides for all!
edit on 24-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm donating my body to the body farm so it can serve as a teaching tool and also my remains will be committed to the earth naturally. For some reason that really appeals to me.

No funeral. I demand for a hall to be rented out, copious amounts of booze and a certain green product British Columbia is famous for to be served, and for the most inappropriate songs from my favourite bands played. It should be a celebration of living.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I want to be creamated and I want my ashes to flow from the top of the Eiffel Tower so I live my eternal life in Paris near my tower. I know this is illegal so there will be a bail clause for my kids or my next of kin to follow through with it in my will. They will be taken care of to make sure my final wishes are met

I am dead serious about this

Oh also instead of a service I want everyone to have a party and dress in 80's attire and dance to Rick Astley and Madonna!
edit on 2/24/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add my party!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I want to be creamated and I want my ashes to flow from the top of the Eiffel Tower so I live my eternal life in Paris near my tower. I know this is illegal so there will be a bail clause for my kids or my next of kin to follow through with it in my will. They will be taken care of to make sure my final wishes are met

I am dead serious about this

Oh also instead of a service I want everyone to have a party and dress in 80's attire and dance to Rick Astley and Madonna!
edit on 2/24/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add my party!

something like this --- you want played for ya

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

i wish to be buried in the style of a warrior norse, where im placed in a boat with my most valuable objects then sent off to sea while the boat is on fire.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Exactly like that!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I had my funeral all planned out, which songs to be played and when etc and a proper party for a wake, but after reading about the full effects of Hurricane Katrina on New Orleans I have found myself digging deeper into the history and culture of New Orleans.
As a result a full New Orleans Jazz Second Line funeral would be a great send off....and quite a sight here in North East England!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I feel a funeral is more for the surviving loved ones than the one that has passed.

So this is something that should probably be discussed with loved ones. And decide on something that would comfort them, rather than for myself to decide some elaborate ritual that I will force my grieving loved ones to perform.

Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I might also like my ashes put in a douche, so my girlfriend can have one last go at me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hmmm....I have always wanted a quiet little lair in Highgate Cemetery in London, in the old bit, if you've ever visited...it's so beautiful, peaceful and gothic, full of trees and lots of visitors...and a headstone that says..."It was me, and I'm not sorry"

Cait xxx

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cremate me and play "I'll be mellow when I'm dead" by Weird Al Yankovic. Or any song by him for that matter, I'm not picky. I only have one child and he doesn't need to be burdened by all this piddlyfarting around over funeral arrangements. Celebrate my life, laugh about the times I've yelled "get off my lawn!" and let that be that. I will be happy knowing those around me didn't have to deal with any type of tedious planning.

new topics

top topics

join