It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Time Favorite ATS Threads...Ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I thought we could have some fun and in the process create a place for all of our wonderful NOOBS to find what current members have thoroughly enjoyed in the past here at ATS. With that said, the concept of the thread is simple, share with us your all time favorite ATS thread, EVER. Please share a snippet or quote from the OP (a teaser), and if you could, a brief description of why the thread is near and dear to your heart.

OK, I will go first.

My all time favorite ATS thread....EVER (so far) has got to be....

Violent Encounter With An Alien Being

It was the night of the 1st of July 2008, and I the wife and our little one were asleep in the bed, when I was awoken by one of those 'out of place noises' that any parent will tell you this: when a noise is out of place your mind becomes instantly alert.

So i opend an eye, saw the wife and little one were in the bed, so i thought 'hell' must be a noise outside.

Then a shadow flitted across the corner of the room, so i decided to lay still, as if it was a person in the room they were going to get the good news.

Then after about a minutes watching, this golden figure stepped towards the bed. It was appalling. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life.

Here is the drawing I did of this creature so you can see what i am on about.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb474f557729.jpg[/atsimg]
From this exciting beginning, there follows an incredible tale of bravery, courage, might and machismo unlike anything ever seen on these boards. This thread has it all, an incredible tale, fleshed out with vivid first personal accounts and drawings of the other worldly beast. The location is straight out of a horror tale...a spooky woods in Scotland.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0f249a9bef2.jpg[/atsimg]

First Posted on Sun, 06 Jul 2008 02:23:44 -0500 @ 02:23 AM by (now banned) member Dan Tanna, the thread has been active to this day, and spans an incredible 99 pages, garnered 169 flags to date, and sports some incredible posts by our membership at large. It is a fascinating study of everything this website encompasses, tales of incredible encounters with alien beings, great location, strong fighter defending wife and family, skepticism, and awe. You should save this thread for a nice long uninterrupted evening, because you will be HOOKED.

So, will you join me in adding YOUR All Time Favorite ATS Thread...Ever?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That was an epic thread!

How do you top that though? I'm not sure I can, certainly not with one of mine. I'll get back to you. Star and flag in the meantime!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I love the thread *post your dating history* by Jedimiller just for Mark Harris' reply.
I would link it but I am posting via a playstation so I can't link.
Its in the relationship forum if anyone wants a good laugh.

Total classic!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
what was the very first thread on ats ?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What a good idea for a thread! S&F..

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread!

Tolerance, Political Correct and Our Rights and Freedoms are Conflicting. It's not a good thing. ~Relentless

ONE of my favorite threads of all time is from Jan 15, 2006 and is a PODcast thread. It's called My Rights vs. Your Rights and contains a PODcast discussion between about 6-7 ATS members over a period of a month. It goes on for 5 pages, which was REALLY long for a PODthread, and explores the relationship between free speech and political correctness and how we're all affected by it on sort of a personal level. Sadly, I don't see these members around anymore. They are missed.

My Rights vs. Your Rights was posted by a forum friend of mine, Relentless, back when PODcasting was fairly new and popular to ATS.

Here's what one of the written replies by another forum friend:

Originally posted by nrky
Ohhhh yeahhhh... a podcast about political correctness, first amendment rights, and how lawyers are butt-sniffs. Can't believe I missed this one... I CANT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD AND RESPOND! ...

Prepare yourselves for a veeeeeeery long response from NrKy, probably filled with alot of heated words and manic screaming.

Part of a response by The OP:

Originally posted by Relentless
My point being, in the US, our customs dictate the rights of freedom of religion, religious expression and freedom of speech. Therefore religious tolerance (political correctness) has actually gone way too far. It should be expected that exposure to all different belief systems in the US is a given and not an offense. If you live here, you should understand that this is part of our culture - religious diversity.

In fact, the way I view it, if I am wishing someone a Merry Christmas, regardless of whether or not the other person recognizes that holiday, it should be perceived as a gesture of good will, not an insult.

What I am saying if I wish you a Merry Christmas is, as I celebrate my holiday, I include you in the well wishes for that holiday. Why should that be a problem? Why can't one person say Merry Christmas and the other respond Happy Kwanza? What is the problem here? I think that would go a long way towards unity rather than the trend we are currently witnessing where you can't just blurt out what your nature (from your own beliefs) dictate.

From SLRJester

Originally posted by SLR Jester
This is an excellent listen, these podcasts are very thought provoking...

It's a potential sensitive subject, the very nature of the beast almost dictates a certain compliance with political correctness, yet these podcasts illustrate very clearly to the listener that with a modicum of common sense, one can be sympathetic without having to pander unnecessarily.

Essential listening I reckon and a pleasure to listen to

So, if your interested in the subject, I highly recommend a listen.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh I can beat that one. My all time favorite thread is jritzmann's Me and "Them" - Alien Experiences. I like it because I 100% believe he's serious about it and isn't pulling anyone's leg for laughs, which I'm highly confident Dan Tanna was doing. In fact, I could've sworn that thread was in Hoax, not Gray Area. And before anyone gets all knotted up, please note I'm posting as a member with my own opinion, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of any other staff member.

And stuff.

Anyway, to get the full effect of the thread, I'd suggest first clicking on the "posts in thread" option on the opening post and just read Jeff's. You can always go back and read it all the way through, but I think reading just his posts really make the thread pop.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's too hard to choose just 1, but here's 2 of my faves-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big surprise one of 'em's mine

Edit to add: Honorable mention to most all of SLAYER69's threads!
edit on 24-2-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Violent Encounter With An Alien Being

This is my vote, as well. It is probably the reason I finally actually registered to the site, after lurking for awhile. I originally landed at ATS while searching info. on the swine flu vaccine and then spent some time perusing around. Found that thread and was hooked on it from start to finish. Epic... Lol...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

edit on 24-2-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Bumping this thread! I know it's almost a year old, but I started to make a thread like it myself then searched and found this one. It has the potential to become a great thread, if everyone chips in and lists their favorite threads.

My favorite thread of all time on ATS is this one:

Have I Disturbed Someone?

It was started way back in 2003 by Valhall and is still being occasionally updated. I've heard, read and experienced so many ghost stories that most of them just kind of bore me now, but this one kept me hooked! I was disappointed when I got to the end of the whole thing... I wanted more! Good thing Valhall is still updating every now and then, lol. It's the thread that keeps on giving.

Basically, it's about when Valhall and Springer moved into a new home and the strange things that happened afterwards. I think the majority of those who have been here for a long time and are interested in the paranormal have probably already read through it, but for those who haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest it!

Now, I look forward to reading other faves...

top topics

join