It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the superstition with crows?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What is the superstition with crows, why? Are they supposed to be the bringers of death? Why that bird why not another? If this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I googled "crow superstition" and this was the first website to come up...i think it may help you

www.shades-of-night.com...

Edit - the website only tells of superstitions about crows....not how it originated.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by sheaisdumb]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Crows eat your soul after you die, or something along those lines. And then your soul gets trapped in the crow. Bad times

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well let's see,

Personally I enjoy the company of Crows, often when I walk through the woods they will both follow and lead me and always near. Cawing all the way. It is said they are the most intelligent of birds
I knew a woman that had one as a pet and it was extremely protective of her and recognized friend as well as foe and acted accordingly.
For an insight to the nature of Crows and their portent I recommend reading the Teachings of Don Juan a Yauqui Indian by Carlos Castenada

Follow the Black Bird,

TUT

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The other thing about crows was said at the tower of london - when the crows leave so the tower will fall - but so far they have not - and of coruse it has not - if i remember correctly even today they even have one assigned beefeater - to feed and look after the crows just to make sure - as they say - U never know

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by toblerone65
The other thing about crows was said at the tower of london - when the crows leave so the tower will fall - but so far they have not - and of coruse it has not - if i remember correctly even today they even have one assigned beefeater - to feed and look after the crows just to make sure - as they say - U never know

Isnt it ravens?? ive only been there.. 8 times lol

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Well let's see,

Personally I enjoy the company of Crows, often when I walk through the woods they will both follow and lead me and always near. Cawing all the way. It is said they are the most intelligent of birds
I knew a woman that had one as a pet and it was extremely protective of her and recognized friend as well as foe and acted accordingly.
For an insight to the nature of Crows and their portent I recommend reading the Teachings of Don Juan a Yauqui Indian by Carlos Castenada

Follow the Black Bird,

TUT

Do you wear a lot of sliver? i know crows favour stuff that shines like milk bottle caps and the like

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
No Stuey, I do not wear anything shiny other than my face. I merely talk to them and they seem to enjoy it. They are fantastic mimics. In Alaska where I live near a lake there is one that echos a perfect sound of a drop of water into a pool of water. It took me awhile to figure out where that perfect noise was coming from.

TUT

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
One of my totems is the crow so I have no fear of it. I welcome it into my life and the day doesn't feel complete until I have seen one,

www.starfriends.com...
www.linsdomain.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
well crows are quite evil but they arent the bringers of death, that would be wolves positions.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not sure about crows, but seagulls! Ack, those things get bigger each year I swear!
Some of the ones here are big enough to carry off a small child 'im sure of it, hehe

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It totally depends on the situation. The Crow and the Raven are my totem...for me they are not bringers of anything negative....They are also for protection If you are reading some place that they are bringers of misfortune, I would continue my study as you are being misinformed!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I remember hearing somewhere that crows are the link between the spirit world and our present one. They can see spirits and such. Can't remember what show that was on. They are very protective of the leader. The fact that a group of them is called a "Murder" then that's why they have gotten a bad rep. Are there any native indians on this site that can relate the "Spirit Guide" role of the crow??

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I personally find them creepy, creepy mainly because of the noise they make.
I remember seeing that crow in the film "The omen", that kinda freaked me out heh

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am half Cherokee/Lumbee and half Italian.....
In Native American legends, the crow could talk. Because of this, it was considered one of the wisest of birds. The sacred bird of the famous Ghost Dance was the crow. As to the Cherokee, if you see a flock of crows flying from a wood and heading north its a sign of hard times ahead there is old saying by the Cherokee, One crow is sorrow, two crows are myrth, three crows a wedding four crows a birth, and if you see a crow flying towards the sun in the morning means that the weather will be fine all day, but if you see any crows near a river at nights its a sign of a storm brewing.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hey, im part sioux and the legand of the crow is a great story.
I do not see this as a bad oman,

To American indians the crow is a very wise bird,
The crow is also very important in our native dances, its the sacred bird of the Ghost dance,

also the superstion comes from Japan the Japanese considered the crow to be a bird of ill luck, although they believe it brings messages from the gods.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I remember hearing somewhere that crows are the link between the spirit world and our present one. They can see spirits and such. Can't remember what show that was on. They are very protective of the leader. The fact that a group of them is called a "Murder" then that's why they have gotten a bad rep. Are there any native indians on this site that can relate the "Spirit Guide" role of the crow??
Very true!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lol look like we both done our research.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Some people consider crows to be omens that can tell the future. The historic practice of crow augury contends that one can predict the future by counting the number of crows at significant times and events. But count at your discretion; you may not like what they predict. Count only one crow and you will have sorrow, loss or death. Two bring joy, change for the better and surprise, and the sighting of three is for marriage, celebration or the birth of a female child. For a male child to be born, there must be four crows counted.

It keeps going: Five crows bring the counter silver or something valuable. Six might symbolize gold and wealth, but beware; there may be something negative coming with the riches. The sighting of seven crows acknowledges a secret, witchcraft or sacred rites, while eight crows indicate something profound and that death is possibly on the horizon.

Nine indicate temptation and passion, and seeing 10 crows means there is payment due. Eleven crows indicate waiting and uncertainty, but 12 crows signal fulfillment and riches.

[edit on 15-4-2007 by yazalina]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ravens are my totem guides. Crows also seem to give me the same warnings as ravens, usualy before someone close to me becomes very ill, I will see a crow or raven cawing or just standing there and just kind of know someone is gonna get sick. Although once, I actually got mad and yeled back at the raven and had a vision of my mom being very sick, found out the next day that she had cancer. I dunno why I get ravens and crows delivering mesages, although I suspect it has to do with my native bloodline. I am a"half breed" Tlingit native, and The raven is one of tlingit natives most importaint dieties. Always wonder if that has anything to do with it. Also get raven coming to me in my dreams showing me animal guides who come and go throughout my lifetime. So yeah, there is some sort of mystical aura around crows and ravens. Whether or not it comes from genetic traits in humans or is actually some sort of mystical connection, is beyond me other than there is something to it.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by Darkblade71]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join