It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoom in on the moon: Astronomers create most detailed lunar landscape images ever seen (You can go u

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

These photos were taken from polar orbit around earth. You can't see the other side of the moon from earth.

However, a few pages back in this thread someone else asked the same question and a photo was posted by someone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
No opinion on this either way, but I thought it was really weird that the first spot I zoomed in on had a huge pixelated square. I reduced this image, but I do have the original large size.

Looks like that tile didn't load for you. Try reloading the page and zooming in on that area again. It looks fine on my end:

edit on 25-2-2011 by nataylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

hey will you search the red boxed area above and post a pic of what I trying to describe I cant figure it out, It's not a huge deal or major find, but I thought it was interesting,and wanted some thoughts on it

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
what intrigues me is that from the smallest creators to the biggest ones the DEPTH of them doesn't change, now realistically a bigger creator should create a far deeper hole on impact.... hmm it can only be one other thing. ALIEN SPACESHIP HOLLOW MOON

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ITSALLAROUNDYOU

But why would other planets in our solar sytems which has no life (that we know of yet) have moons? Why is it just our moon that is a space craft

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816

But why would other planets in our solar sytems which has no life (that we know of yet) have moons? Why is it just our moon that is a space craft

because we are humanity, there creation. all they are doing is blending in. the moon is 'inside out'. google the moon earth and sun similarity's. it doesn't make since to be so unbelievably freakishly similar... peace

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Seriously, more people should read more of the thread before they spew out absurdities! It was even stated in this thread one guy read the tread title and posted something about something that was already covered/answered.

People who make extraordinary claims need extraordinary references, references accepted by the scientific community, where you know, happen to be Peer Reviewed. That's how science works, no scientists claims to know any definitive answer, just the most plausible scenario of what we can observe, repeatably test, and verify to our best degree.

Also one is guaranteed to never lose a debate when they forever change the goal post.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thought this was strange:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder which version of photoshop nasa uses. I'll have to ask them the next time I'm shopping for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sam4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thank you Soylent Green..and I did see the earlier post. And this image has been posted on another thread. There on the top edge is something that looks like dust rolling over the edge. Thought it looked odd. Thanks again....
edit on 25-2-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The moon is 100% natural . Its not fake .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Moon was formed somewhere else, and was later captured by the gravitational field of the Earth. The moon was not around 200 000 years ago

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are other moons around earth also . The moon that we can see outside is just 1 of them .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam4000

Another theory how the moon got around earth is planet x hit Mars and sent a moon that struck the earth and then pushed the moon into a hot ball of setter than formed a around ball that produces rotation . eventually condensed to form the Moon in orbit around the Earth

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816

Formation of Planetary objects is still being updated with new data

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Come on people, there's the American Flag and landing site of Apollo 17 on THIS image. Its not a joke.
Twenty bucks who find it first.
Include me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam4000
There are other moons around earth also . The moon that we can see outside is just 1 of them .

What!!!? Where!!!!!? And how did you come to this conclusion!! I have been an amateur astronomer most of my life and I can tell you I have never seen any extra moons around the Earth thru my two telescopes.

Added to it...Thanks all..I really did not know that.
edit on 25-2-2011 by ellieN because: Needed to add on

edit on 25-2-2011 by ellieN because: showing my ignorance ....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Riddle me this!?

If supposedly craters are formed by meteores/space debris/rocks smashing into the surface, what happened to them all? I see no sign of debris, in fact it all looks pretty perfect..

Almost too perfect hmmmm....

I know it doesn't zoom in that far but surely thered be # lying around everywhere.

Also whats with the mountains in the middle of some craters with some form of tracks around them?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join