It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoom in on the moon: Astronomers create most detailed lunar landscape images ever seen (You can go u

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas

very grossly distorted images of course. no doubt.

but i also came across some images i photoshot direct from google earth and found them even far excellent from the postcards my old friends in gibraltar regularly sent me :
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55af82e920a2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6981ec2133c2.jpg[/atsimg]

why cant usgs/google/nooa et al , present a better shot from the mainland USA and have the best shots in Europe?
infingement issues?,

what ever that is , point is, they have the magic wand...

Erm, you may want to swing your Google Earth view around to the southeast side of Gibraltar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d16e2e9dcd99.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like we have some tsunami activity, right next to a road that would be very exciting to drive on...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

Relax mate, try to look on this as a challenge, if you are interested in it.
It is better that way, belive me.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Yeah sorry I really do know better than to just ask question on this site instead of reading through post for info first, I kinda read the topic thread, then i post, I like to talk to people that is on at the moment not older post, so sorry to anyone, wasn't being rude, I've been reading on this site for years and just joined as a member so cheers to all

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
At 145 meters/pixel you wouldn't be able to make out the Astrodome. Manhattan Island would look like a sliver of coffee cake.

Thank you for that!

And whats to say that the whole image isn't CG... But I'm mild to moderately paranoid... lol

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nitemare26
I found something strange inside a crater ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d346ce1bdc2f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25-2-2011 by Nitemare26 because: (no reason given)

That really does look strange. I saw that too. What is that rising up at the edge of the crater.?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Anyone please how do i post a pic from my computer? I do not want to attach a a photo from a URL but from my computer help please sorry I'm a newbie

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
reply to post by Nitemare26

I found numerous craters with that in the center, there are quite a few of them,maybe someone with more craters exp could fill us in on what that is. thnx

Maybe they already have.

Several times.

In this thread.

Yea just noticed

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

First you must upload it.

Click Tools, than Pictures, then upload.
When u uploaded it, click on it, you will see the options for specific pic

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There are a lot of buildings on the moon . The problem with finding them is how the pictures are took .

I will give you a list of the cities

. Kepler city

Read up on

"Somebody Else Is On The Moon"

Here is the city of kepler ...Not sure how many Aleins live in the city ..Not sure of its Age but its OLD

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

There is only 2 ways that these cities formed on the moon

1. Man reached the moon thousands of years ago
2. There is another Race of beings that built them

There is also a object on the moon that looks like a huge Horse . It is fake . Not fake . It was made .

edit on 25-2-2011 by Sam4000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It doesn't really zoom in far enough to see buildings unless they are supposed to be really huge. Also, all the craters have blacked out shadows and also some ravines and canyons do as well. Instead of smudging I think it would be easy just to graft patches from other parts of the surface over questionable objects and just blend it in.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN

Originally posted by Nitemare26
I found something strange inside a crater ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d346ce1bdc2f.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25-2-2011 by Nitemare26 because: (no reason given)

That really does look strange. I saw that too. What is that rising up at the edge of the crater.?

It's a center uplift mountain, which is created when the surface recoils after meteor impact, as described in This Post

edit on 2/25/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deloprator20000

I have irresistible desire to post a larger comment on this, but I wouldn't dare.
One hundred kilometers wide in its base!? And height not to mention!?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

If mistakes are to be expected, then this is not a reliable source for you to debunk any structures, right?
It's been put together from a whole bunch of pics. So easy it would be to edit anything out.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
go to zoom in link posted on thread, ok zoom in all the way around this red box you will see a crazy seris of craters or whatever in a line on what looks to be on a mound or wall like thing! it may be nothing, but it is interesting to me, it just seems like they are aligned on a wall, if anyone can zoom in a capture a pic of this that would be great because i'm a newbie and suck, zoom in and search around my red box and I'm sure you will see what I am talking about, please let me know if you see it

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Thank you man I got her figured out

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No opinion on this either way, but I thought it was really weird that the first spot I zoomed in on had a huge pixelated square. I reduced this image, but I do have the original large size.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

hey how did you take that screen shot? i could only figure out how to save the zoomed out version

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

All you have to do is hit the print screen key on your keyboard and then paste it. I opened up a blank white background in a photo program and pasted it into it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
ok so i only see one side of the moon wheres the other?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join