It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoom in on the moon: Astronomers create most detailed lunar landscape images ever seen (You can go u

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
OP: We're obviously looking at the wrong side of the moon... and haven't you heard of cloaking devices?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Seems that some craters have strange metallic looking objects right in the middle.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From the same space probe -

Yes, we are still looking at Earth's Moon here, not Mars.
Source: Dark streaks in Diophantus crater

That crater is located on the western edge of Mare Imbrium.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah very usefull indeed.. a full HD pic of the side of the moon constantly facing earth.

It keeps amazing me how nobody wonders where the mountains of data and pictures are from the far side of the moon?

And really, with every semi decent pc user able to edit their own pictures nowadays im really not that impressed with the fact that there are no "smudges" on this compilation.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed some parts of the surface are being censored? I wish i could share the coordinates of what im seeing but the site doesnt seem to support it. Is this intentional or just a flaw?

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Isnt it odd that some craters look like perfect circles?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

what's on the other side? what cloaking devices? you still would believe in alien stuff on the moon when nasa would fly you up there and show you around, cause it's cloaked. not visible for the naked human eye. got any youtube video proof for your claims? or a nice hoaxland story?

but I also wish you could zoom in a little bit more.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thousandfathomsdeep

I found some weird looking structures inside a crater and something that looks like a smudged road leading to the structures. But the resolution sucks.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are allright found some more smudges. Damn you NASA. Sorry guys but it´s useless. The image is not the real deal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hey there everyone,
This ones weird, it looks like a crater impact and what looks like as wheel tracks or a track leading out of the center of impact to the impact edge then it turns.. not sure what natural occurance on the moon would cause an indentation to turn about 45 degree/s here's the pick

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Yeah, i saw those too. Theres too many unanswerable questions about this, i really wish you could zoom in further to get a better view.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by srbouska
Hey there everyone,
This ones weird, it looks like a crater impact and what looks like as wheel tracks or a track leading out of the center of impact to the impact edge then it turns.. not sure what natural occurance on the moon would cause an indentation to turn about 45 degree/s here's the pick

Those are collapsed lava tubes. The lava was running under the surface and created hollow tubes. The tubes then collapse, leaving these long indentations.

It's something like a sinkhole, but a very long and thin sinkhole.

edit on 2/24/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well.. I've always wondered about a number of curiosities with regards to the moon.. But lets see if any of these might raise some questions (Hint,, look at the shadows)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cfd77901932.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8166fce9ffb9.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/988bfc7ece4a.png[/atsimg]

ZOOMED
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/989dc3eb4298.png[/atsimg]

ZOOMED Flipped
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01107d782a6b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nobody finds the perfect circle looking craters odd? The whole moon looks like those games were you have to get a marble through a maze and into a hole. How do they explain that?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Nobody finds the perfect circle looking craters odd? The whole moon looks like those games were you have to get a marble through a maze and into a hole. How do they explain that?

When a drop of water hits the water surface, the ripples created are perfect circles. At the speeds/energies with which meteors hit the moon, the process can also be very "fluid", like water.

This also explains the mountains seen in the center of some craters. These are "center uplift mountains", which are cause by the recoiling of the ground immediately after a meteor impact (like the recoiling of the water droplet):

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by srbouska
Hey there everyone,

Those are collapsed lava tubes. The lava was running under the surface and created hollow tubes. The tubes then collapse, leaving these long indentations.

It's something like a sinkhole, but a very long and thin sinkhole.

edit on 2/24/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: spelling

Yeah I thought sinkholes myself. If something was on the moon for an inspection or whatever, there would be no questions to debate on. There would be obvious different tracks and other evidence everywhere. There would be no speculation. Thats just natural.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

There we go! And the fact that it has an artificial rotation. So where's the picture of the other side, the one none of us have ever seen, the dark side of the moon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Those circles have almost perfect edges, compared to the other pictures hmmm...
edit on 24-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by JAGx1981

Those circles have almost perfect edges, compared to the other pictures hmmm...
edit on 24-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

Alot of photos from far distances can look sharp and perfect until your actually walk upon it face to face. But for the sake of conspriacy and the unknown, I will not guarantee that i think it's nothing, cause I simply don't know, im not walking on the moon anytime soon to investigate.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Equinox99

There we go! And the fact that it has an artificial rotation. So where's the picture of the other side, the one none of us have ever seen, the dark side of the moon.

Here's the far side:
Far Side of the Moon
and another picture:
apod.nasa.gov...

[EDIT TO ADD:
Although I would think that eventually we should get an image similar to the OP's of the near side.]

By the way, it's the "far side" and not the "dark side". The far side of the Moon gets an equal amount of sunlight as the near side. The only time the far side is completely dark is when we have a full moon. Conversely, when we have a "New Moon", the far side is 100% sunlit.

...and please explain what you mean by "artificial rotation"

edit on 2/24/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join