It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi national arrested in Texas on terror charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Suspected Terrorist Arrested in Texas

US Arrests Saudi Bomb Plotter Possibly Targeting George W. Bush

FBI Officials have announced the arrest of an induvidual in the country on a student Visa. He was purportedly working alone and was researching bombing making materials.

The FBI insisted that this was not a sting. The induvidual in question had already acquired 2/3 ingredients needed and was caught when he approached a company about retrieving the third ingredient. The company was suspicious and tipped off the FBI who then launched an investigation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: (found mention of it on a Fox News site), updated CNN Link
edit on 2-24-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This was aired on CNN just now on the tv. I cannot see an article on their site as yet. I will keep looking. Apparently, the kids was working alone and was targetting president GW Bush's house as well as nuclear plants and hydroelectric dams.

This is probably the only credible "terrorist" I have ever heard of, but at this point, there's not enough public information to really know for sure.

(visit the link for the full news article)

This is apparently in progress.. DMN has a blip on it here.
Dallas Morning News Twitter

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
my guess is white guy between 18-26, tptb following up on the domistic extremist stuff they've been ranting about.

and boy if this wasn't a sting the CIA must have been shocked.
Makes me think of a scene from the simpsons movie.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I am going to withhold any further judgement until I find some more verified information.. but yeah.. the CIA/FBI/DHS were probably stunned to find someone actually acting without their "support".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
yep just watched the same on sky news, this latest round of uprising seems to be moving way to fast and now we have yet another terrorist found in america how bloody handy, sbs on standby , this could be the start of something to big that we may all regret, we may need our own uprising very soon to stop the idiots in power trying to jump into another country

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Update from CNN Report.

it was a 20 year old Saudi Arabian man living in Lubbock.

He was trying to make TMP(?) and already has Sulfiric Acid and Nitric Acid.

He was researching how to turn dolls into bombs.

He was researching targets including the home of the "Tyrant" (his words) GWBush.

He apparently had also been looking into bombing a dallas night club.

He supposedly claimed the 9/11 bombings as inspiration for his Jihad.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

guess I was wrong, there are some weird people in this world.

why would anyone want to blow up a nightclub, I mean sure the music might suck and the drinks are usually overpriced but still.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Yeah.. and nowadays most Dallas night clubs are empty 90% of the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dallas Target: Texas Resident Arrested on Charge of Attempted Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction

Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, a citizen of Saudi Arabia and resident of Lubbock, Texas, was arrested late yesterday by FBI agents in Texas on a federal charge of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction in connection with his alleged purchase of chemicals and equipment necessary to make an improvised explosive device (IED) and his research of potential U.S. targets.

United States Department of Justice

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Texas Resident Arrested on Charge of Attempted Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction

The affidavit alleges that on Feb. 1, 2011, a chemical supplier reported to the FBI a suspicious attempted purchase of concentrated phenol by a man identifying himself as Khalid Aldawsari. According to the affidavit, phenol is a toxic chemical with legitimate uses, but can also be used to make the explosive trinitrophenol, also known as T.N.P., or picric acid. The affidavit alleges that other ingredients typically used with phenol to make picric acid, or T.N.P., are concentrated sulfuric and nitric acids.

The Affidavit via Scribd

edit on 2/24/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Have any terrorists on American soil come from Iraq or Afghanistan yet? How are we not putting economic pressure on the middle east? Stopping the foreign aid? I can't believe Americans arent getting it. We are responsible. We fundthe crap out these guys. We sell their kings artillery. We made private oil deals with these kings and made their rogue extended family rich. Now they fund people to come over here go crazy on us.

The scheming has gotten so complex it's a mess even to the ptb I think. The ivory tower forgot how resourceful humans are. Bomb implants even. My god.

And still we don't train our citizens to train for disasters of any kind.

No civil service, nothing just wait for the Feds to handle it.

Well it's our damn mess now. The only people protecting us are we the people. Maybe militias are not so crazy if the local, federal, or state governments don't implement citizens emergency response skills.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

Agreed. Seems so weird to me how all of the "terrorists" have come from countries that are our ally in some form or fashion.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks, makeitso! That helps to backup the stuff I saw reported on CNN. Great post!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Now i suppose theyll ramp this up into a huge deal.....using it as an excuse for another round of atate terror tactics applied to citizens.
Ill believe he acted alone when i see some proof the CIA or FBI was not supporting him.
Besides this is a 20 yr old kid with real mental problems if he is acting alone, unaffiliated with any organized terror.
It could as easily be any lone nut in america.
I am sure this is some goverment setup in some way, but doubt well hear how they worked it.
Picric acid is an unstable and very very primitive explosive.It is however a real one.
(I almost exxpected to hear he was making gunpowder and was buying saltpeter heheheh)
Still itll turn out to be a tempest in a tea pot with a never ending news tail that runs all the way through the trial, and on and on till we are sick of it.
More grist for the PTB propaganda organs.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

U.S. authorities have arrested a 20-year-old Saudi national on charges he tried to use a weapon of mass destruction and potentially targeted former President George W. Bush, the Justice Department said Thursday.

Depends on the spin...MSNBC is calling it a weapon of mass destruction. www.msnbc.msn.com... Totally unwarranted! It is a high explosive, but not a "WMD". Ug.. crappy news channels delivering crappy journalism.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yeah, that is one thing that irks me.... The usage of the phrase "WMD"...

Shouldn't such a phrase apply to weapons more along the lines of nukes or something? Eh, I don't know.

Yeah, if he had been successful, it would have hurt and killed several people... Being from Dallas, I am glad he was caught before it was too late.

So, he wanted to go after George Bush.... And then Dallas Nightclubs? OK, I can see how some one like that might want to go after George Bush... But why night clubs? I don't get that. Unless some how it is a symbol to him, of western freedoms and our not so conservative life style? Pure speculation there.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am normally critical of the DHS and it's illegal
operations under the Patriot Act.

But in this particular case, I think they deserve
a pat on the back for a job well done.

This is a prime example (from what I read)
of how to thwart terrorism without infringing
upon civil liberties. No sting, No entrapment,
No loss of liberties, Nobody died and they caught
a terrorist. Kudos to DHS and it's supporting
agencies.

THIS is how it's supposed to be done. And the
Patriot Act wasn't even used in this operation.
Prime example of how you can catch terrorists
without the Patriot Act.

The agent in charge of this operation needs a promotion,
a salary increase and a teaching post at the academy.

edit on 2/24/2011 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Why are half the known terrorists named Khalid?
I agree the "WMD" label is probably a stretch.
Put explosives in a bomb, huh.
Very clever, few know that GWB can't resist playing with GI Joe dolls.
If only our leaders would play with TMNT, the world would get....................Pizza!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Why are half the known terrorists named Khalid?
I agree the "WMD" label is probably a stretch.
Put explosives in a bomb, huh.
Very clever, few know that GWB can't resist playing with GI Joe dolls.
If only our leaders would play with TMNT, the world would get....................Pizza!

Cowabunga!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
weapons of mass destruction, I guess that means guy faulks(spelling?) was using weapons of mass destruction too.

I swear some news providers should be reclassified as weapons of mass stupidity.

I would be suprised if the media tries to package this in such a way that the views at home think he was going to nuke some innocent night club and and george bush.

new topics

top topics

join