It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, U.S. agree to use each other’s troops in civil emergencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Canada and the U.S. have signed an agreement that paves the way for the militaries from either nation to send troops across each other’s borders during an emergency, but some are questioning why the Harper government has kept silent on the deal.

www.canada.com...

The wrighting is on the wall people.I dont even know if this is constitutional. Both countrys are getting ready for the global Collapse

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

By Ottawa Citizen February 22, 2008 Comments (129)

I really thought you had something there.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
um me too, i did not even look at the date

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Isn't Feb 08 when they signed some bill for the North American union?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Don't worry, when I posted this exact same thread last night I did not see the date on the article either. But what I find so interesting is that of the 116 repsonses to the article I referenced about 100 of them were posted within the last 2 days.... so you tell me. The article may have been written in 2008 but people are only NOW starting to hear about it.

As a matter of fact you are referencing the same story as I did..and oddly enough the last comment (now up to 131) was posted just a few minutes ago!!
edit on 24-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Add'l info

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn

Don't worry, when I posted this exact same thread last night I did not see the date on the article either. But what I find so interesting is that of the 116 repsonses to the article I referenced about 100 of them were posted within the last 2 days.... so you tell me. The article may have been written in 2008 but people are only NOW starting to hear about it.

As a matter of fact you are referencing the same story as I did..and oddly enough the last comment (now up to 131) was posted just a few minutes ago!!
edit on 24-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Add'l info

yes that is strange, well i gets its fact now that NATO can cross boarders in a domestic event

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Canadian troops cant fire on Canadians, but Americans can. American troops cant fire on Americans but Canadians can.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Exactly the point I made in my thread on this last night. Posse comitatus has been circumvented, how convenient for TPTB

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

The Canadians are more compassionate and I dont think they would want to kill anyone, The US on the other hand.....our army is full of jerks and d-bags who live to kill.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This was signed two weeks ago apparently?
axisoflogic.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Canada's entire Army and air force combined is smaller than the New York Police Dept .. and has about the same level of training.

Besides that, Canadians are too nice .. their soldiers would hardly bother us even if they were here, which I doubt we'd ever need them to begin with. I think it's most likely more for Canada's security as far as major disasters (natural) since we are closer than Canada's parent state, the UK.

new topics

top topics

join