It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go from protest to revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have been watching the developments in the Middle East quite closely and noticeable something that each of these uprisings had, one unifying theme which guarantees the end of the regime.

When the protests in Egypt first began for instance they were not demanding that Hosni Mubarak and the entire government be overthrown, they were demanding serious changes to their constitution and to how their country will be governed.

They were simple protests, although quite large, made up of every socioeconomic background and ranging from economic reform to political reform. The protesters were not calling for the overthrow of the Egyptian government.

However when the government swooped in to quash the large scale protests they begun to use excessive force against the protesters, completely unwilling to cave into their demands just for a simply change to the government.

Quickly what began as large scale protests turned into violence and chaos as protesters and police clashed across the country, this led to the police using even more excessive force against protesters, killing some.

When the news of such abuse and even murder spread across Egypt the people were furious, leading to more Egyptians joining in and the government cracking down even harder than before

Soon the military was called in to handle the uprising at this point what were protests of governmental change quickly shifted to the call for the overthrow of Hosni Mubarak and the entire Egyptian regime.

Same thing happened in Tunisia and now in Bahrain and Libya. What started out as calls for large scale reform have turned into calls for complete overthrow of the government because the protesters were dealt with by government thugs using excessive force and violence.

So what is my point in posting this in the US Political Madness forum? Well if we begun to protest and demand real change from our government, how do you think they will respond at first?

Of course we are a civilized society with a government that will treat us better than the governments of Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain, and Libya treated their people, right? Remember when our states rose up against the federal government, how did that go again?

If you think we are somehow exempt from such violence, think again. They would not be afraid in the least to quash us just as they tried to quash the protesters in Egypt and Libya. Would they bomb us? Who knows, look how they treated the states who tried to divorce from the fed.

We are their gravy train and if you think they would be willing to concede anything truly significant to us then you live in a fantasy land. They will use every tactic they can possible put together to silence the dissidents.

Obama will kill the internet, set up martial law, and deal with any and all of us with extreme force. He will call on neighbors and family members to turn in protesters and will halt our travel from anywhere in this country.

If you sit back and think, “That will not happen here, they respect us better than those tyrants did” Ask yourself this one question. Who has more to lose from revolutions? Was it the close circle of people with Qaddafi or Mubarak, or the entire Wall Street, Military Industrial Congressional Complex, and every other high organization and its elitist members?

Tell me, who do you think would have more to lose?

If any serious threat of large scale uprisings start in the US I promise you this government, just like the one of Abraham Lincoln, will do anything and everything to end any and all civil disobedience.

So if you see real protests calling for real change, then keep an eye out for how they handle the protesters. Already they are saying that the growth of anti-government groups and conspiracy theories are a threat to them, just think how they will react if we stand up and act.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
All of this is proof positive that when the people no longer recognize the authority of the government, it does not stand a chance. How can you govern people when they do not listen. At the end of the day, the government does realize that they are overwhelmingly outnumbered. Sure, the government can resort to violence but even then, they are still outnumbered. In America, should mass protests occur, there is not much they can really do about it. Short of using violence, the worst thing the American government could do is simply inconvenience us, but the people are resourceful enough to figure out another way if they were so inclined. The American government better pay close attention and not get complacent and not start think it will not happen here, they are flirting with losing the will of the people and once that happens, it is game over and the people will prevail.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree.. We already had the attorney general tell leo's to use live rounds. They care not about us. If politicians are wanting to use live ammo on a protest like this, imagine what they would do (or want to do) if we had a real uprising here in the US. The stuff in Lybia can happen just as quick here, and I think that the masses who think it can't, gives TPTB a huge advantage when that time comes..Notice I said when, not if, because it will, it is just a question of when.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
first you have to have a clear understanding of the system and who the evil players are an d who they operate, otherwise you end up fighting each other over small difference, we need to unite to Fight the Power
fightthe.podomatic.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think its easy for some us to get caught up with change and the idea of. I for one would love to see obama and 99% of washington thrown out. Partly because of my tendency of being a small minded redneck and partly because I think nothing we as americans stand for today still stands on what the U.S.A. was built on.
My blood gets boiling and my heart rate speeds up at the idea of a revolution and I must admit when I saw this post i had hopes it was going to lead me to some blog or web spot to a legitamite place where like minded people were planning something big that would give our once great nation a fresh new start. however, reality sets in and the idea of tanks rolling threw my neigborhood and armed gaurds shooting the innocent or the internet and phones being turned off because of a certain group or one mans pride or agenda wouldnt be worth the suffering and loss.
I guess im saying ....On one hand a reveloution of sorts would be sectacular if the outcome would be positive, bit on the other I would hate to see the what it could bring my family friends and country as well.this world is nutz or maybe its just me !! sorry for the thinking out loud !

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
S&F Mioser,
Once again you have put together a well written, thought provoking thread. Thank you.

I agree on some parts, however, I do not believe America as a whole will "revolt".
Blue collar working stiffs like me don't have the time.
If anyone in America will revolt it will be those on the many entitlement programs, or public workers. Look at what's going on in WI. And other states around the country.
The government is finally waking up to the fact that every one can not have an easy or free ride. So once the protest about the unions are over, they will go after the entitlement programs.
These issues should have never been allowed to get as big and as out of control as they have. But people have become dependant on them. They have begun to feel entitled to all of these benefits. They get these benefits confused with "rights". And when you start taking away what was given too freely, people get upset.
Many in this country take for granted what they have and look at what they don't have. I have heard in the news and seen threads here on ATS that compare the protest in WI. With the protest in Egypt. All I can say is "GET REAL".

new topics

top topics

join