It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Circumcision is Unnatural and should be class as Child Mutilation.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by NadaCambia

Do I "support" it? No. Do you support nose piercing?

Comparing the piercing of a nose to circumcision is laughable. The comparison shouldn't be made. But yes, parents shouldn't pierce their childs nose. I don't know how it is where you are, but that isn't socially acceptable in most Western countries.

Even still, the person would have the option later in life of removing the piercing and letting their nose heal. So there's little in the way of symetry.

But lmao, where do you live? Parents pierce their kids nose?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Xavialune

Get a shrink, and get some sense on how to live. I hammered my thumb the first time I used a hammer, but I didn't cut my thumb off, I am not traumatized by it, and I can still use a damn hammer.

Get some education on what it means to have and use a penis with a foreskin. It isn't rocket science.

Get some sense on how to live? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Because I, and the majority of the people around me, prefer a circumcised penis? I also asked you to back up your statement that the concensus on circumcision is riddled with myth..where is the evidence for that?

My boyfriend was circumcised out of necessity. His foreskin was too tight. It caused him a lot of discomfort and pain when he first had sex because as I said, it ripped. For him to be circumcised was the right thing to do and ultimately the only option for him. 30 years later he is quite happy with it still, and even he says he remembers before the incident that he did not like having foreskin and prefers how it is now.

I suppose its just preference, but I have yet to see any real evidence that an uncircumcised penis is better.

I don't think we should argue on whether one is better than the other. As this thread has expressed major opinion about it being preference.

Anyway, I can relate to your boyfriend, I am not circumcised and the first time I had sex, it ripped on me too. It was really painful and I hated the fact that I had it. I also thought everyday about getting it removed, it hurt my self esteem when I was courting women.

However, I decided not to. The ripping stopped around the time I turned 23 and has never been a problem again. Then I met my current girlfriend, I was very shy around her when it came to her viewing my member. The first time she saw it and didn't flinch an inch, and went to work..well, the fear, ridicule, and shyness washed away from me like a torrent. It was then, that I felt complete and now I am proud that I never made the decision to remove it.

How can a girl truly love a man when she thinks a natural part of who and what he is, is "yucky"?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Now if your talking about femal genital mutilation which goes on with a piece of glass as the guys hold down a defensless girl well that is mutilation.

And just wrong.

And yet, you watched with glee as your newborn son was strapped down while a painful medical device was wrapped around one of the most sensitive parts of his body and a part of it was cut off. How more defenseless can you get than a baby?

Originally posted by Xavialune
Its up to the parent really. I'd say let the kid decide later in life, but I've known some guys like that and being circumcised later in life has psychologically scarred some of them...so maybe thats not the best idea.

And you don't think it has any effect when preformed during a person's most formative years?

And lol @ the "disgusting" comments, and the cute little nicknames like "Mr. Snuffle". We're all adults here, can't we act like it? Judging by some of these posts, you'd think the people posting here just got out of their first sex ed class.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In the USA there are 12,000 new cases and 4,000 deaths from cervical cancer each year [Centers, 2006]. Treatment of each case costs $20,000 to $40,000 (American Cancer Society figures). This works out at a total of $24 to $48 million. Then there is the social cost and devastation to individuals and families.

A number of studies have documented higher rates of cervical cancer in women who have had one or more male sexual partners who were uncircumcised. Whereas the earlier studies were somewhat equivocal the evidence from a large international study published in 2002 in the New England Journal of Medicine, to be discussed later, provided overwhelming evidence of the link between lack of male circumcision and cervical cancer in the female sexual partner.

There are many, many links showing cancer linked to leaving your meat skin as I call it. Plus, who wants to have to wash their member ever hr. to keep it smelling wonderful? I have better things to do with my time....But, it's your decision, not anyone else's.....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Right. It is YOUR decision for YOURSELF. One you are completely capable of making, and have every right to make on your own behalf.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I would love to see if these are the same studies that have been disregarded due to poor methodology and poor controls.

Please post said studies.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Have we all forgotten the heart of the Hippocratic oath?

Primum non nocere or "First, do no harm"... except for when you want to cut off part of a babies dick.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Again, where are your sources to back up the link between uncircumcised penises and cervical cancer? There's a whole slew at this link that seems to denounce that claim:

CIRP

And the comment about having to wash it every hour so it doesn't smell is just more childish bull#.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Isn't that just down to the fact more men are cut in the US? Cut or uncut, you can still pass thngs onto each other. That's more down to putting it about.

Washing every hour? Lol.A good clean in the morning shower is enough. Do women clean their curtains once an hour?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by TechUnique

Oh no... A clean nice smelling visually attractive penis is much more desirable and in fact girls make fun of the ones that have the skin still intact. They do seem to be more sensitive but in the wrong way, they are not able to burst forth with out pulling and tugging like a circumcised one can.

What an ignorant and shallow reply.

You know what ladies...I really don't like your saggy boobs...surgically fix them...or we will make fun of you. While you're at it...take care of that cottage cheese on the back of your legs...get in the gym and reduce the size of that arse...and for god's sake do some sit ups.

See how ignorant and shallow that sounds??
edit on 24-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is such an old debate and usually it comes from uncircumcized unclean men and the women that sleep with them.

Do you see circumcized males go forth and debate for or against? Never.

Uncircumcized men can claim they are clean as much as they like but in fact they are not. Under the layer of their foreskin is killer bacteria that is not found (obviously) in circumcized men. This killer bacteria is passed on to the women they sleep with hence why so many men and women are diagnosed with HPV related diseases which is rarely found in Arab Muslim women under the age of 70. HPV related diseases is the highest in the developed world.

Circumcism is here to stay whether you like it or not; get over it and move on.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
my parents hate turtle necks. have to say it looks more aerodynamic this way hahaa. i dont understand the big deal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Your post reaks insecurity

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Killer bacteria.

Its amazing humans managed to survive at all for so long! Astounding.

Bacteria under foreskin that is hygenic is normal, and even important. Beneficial bacteria, which have normal functions in maintenance of normal PH, fighting bad bacteria, etc.

Just as the bacteria on your skin does, or the bacteria of the vaginal canal.

edit on 2011/2/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by MindSpin

Your post reaks insecurity

Does it???

I thought it reaked of sarcasm.

But then again...I'm uncut...so maybe it is just my penis that is reaking
You know...because all uncircumcised penises smell

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
my parents hate turtle necks. have to say it looks more aerodynamic this way hahaa. i dont understand the big deal.

Aerodynamic? You throw your sperm out a lot of moving vehicles or something?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
This is such an old debate and usually it comes from uncircumcized unclean men and the women that sleep with them.

Do you see circumcized males go forth and debate for or against? Never.

Uncircumcized men can claim they are clean as much as they like but in fact they are not. Under the layer of their foreskin is killer bacteria that is not found (obviously) in circumcized men. This killer bacteria is passed on to the women they sleep with hence why so many men and women are diagnosed with HPV related diseases which is rarely found in Arab Muslim women under the age of 70. HPV related diseases is the highest in the developed world.

Circumcism is here to stay whether you like it or not; get over it and move on.

You do know HPV is a VIRUS and not a BACTERIA...right??? So your logic kind of falls right on it's face.

HPV is a sexually transmitted disease...and the "increased risk" you and others are talking about are only in males that are high risk for HPV already.

Women whose sexual partners are circumcised are less likely to develop cervical cancer than the partners of uncircumcised men, concludes a report out today.

www.usatoday.com...

The difference was statistically significant only in the partners of men considered to be at high risk for infection with human papillomavirus, or HPV, according to the study in The New England Journal of Medicine. Such men had had at least six sexual partners in their lifetime, beginning before age 17.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by Aeons

hahahaa only in the express lane.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This thread title reminds me of my high school days. My best friend wasn't circumcised. His close friends and I would always joke around with him and call him aardvark.
The girls at school didn't understand the inside joke, but we would all just laugh about it. He was a good sport about it and we still laugh about it today.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That's pretty good.

Hmm, funny, in Canada cervical cancer incident rates are dropping and survival rates are increasing...
Cervical Cancer

And, oh yea, circumcision rates are falling here too...I'm no scientist, but maybe there is a connection.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join